Thai PM, cabinet cancel Friday's scheduled AstraZeneca vaccinations

webfact

How afreid cabinet member's need to be? Over 5 million people has get that vaccine and little over 30 has get clots! Also Denmark,Norway and Iceland over react! Im going to take vaccine right away when i can get it! Dosent matter whitch one, i just want to continue life even some way! Im bist i leave from Thailand back Finland! Thailand life is much more nice and easy than in "farang" coundrys in this situation!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Makes perfect sense.
Thailand's Covid numbers are so low anyway it just would not make any sense rushing the vaccine when there are reports of serious blood clots. 
Blood Clot or Covid?  I'd  take Covid any day of the week.
I'm glad Thailand is taking this seriously. 

How can they say that 100 new cases each day is under control ?? If that happened in Australia the whole country would be in full lockdown. Maybe we care about our people.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

How can they say that 100 new cases each day is under control ?? If that happened in Australia the whole country would be in full lockdown. Maybe we care about our people.

Well Covid is never going to be under 100% control, it's just impossible. It's something the world will just have to deal with from now on. 
When you compare Thailand's numbers with other countries that are still in the 10,000 + cases each day, then, yeah, i'd say Thailand has it pretty dam well under control. 69 million population with 100 cases each day is very good achievement. 

Edited by Kaopad999

As gutless as they come. Singapore's and Malaysia's PMs and Indonesia's President, plus their cabinets (I think) have already been vaccinated. So have their front-liners. Sure, one can argue that Singaporean and Malaysian leaders took Pfizer while Indonesia took the Sinovac jab. But, since it is claimed that Thailand's imported doses were not from the same batch that is being investigated in Europe, what's stopping the alcohol spray-toting man-child and his cronies from getting their jabs? Or get the Sinovac jab, since that's also available in Thailand, and since you numpties are so afraid of AstraZeneca's.

I dunno what AZ did to pi##s off the world, but from the Macron comments to the latest events, they sure have Hell seemed to pis$#ed someone off.

Not a doubt in my mind 'if' I had to choose between AZ, which has gone through fully transparent trials, and some Chinese product where I would be hard pressed to believe a word,, there would be no contest.

Meanwhile the Pfizer & Moderna shots keep plodding along. My wife who works with the US military got both Moderna shots done last month, I've had my first Pfizer and will get the second on the 29th.

But to end this nightmare a very very large proportion of the human populations needs to get some shot regardless so casting doubt on what I'm sure is a safe vaccine, and I fear most of the doubt is being created for rather dubious political reasons seems insane

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, outsider said:

As gutless as they come. Singapore's and Malaysia's PMs and Indonesia's President, plus their cabinets (I think) have already been vaccinated. So have their front-liners. Sure, one can argue that Singaporean and Malaysian leaders took Pfizer while Indonesia took the Sinovac jab. But, since it is claimed that Thailand's imported doses were not from the same batch that is being investigated in Europe, what's stopping the alcohol spray-toting man-child and his cronies from getting their jabs? Or get the Sinovac jab, since that's also available in Thailand, and since you numpties are so afraid of AstraZeneca's.

Oh no no no, that just will not do, the Sinovac vaccination is now only for the Chinese Nationals and such living here in Thailand.  China made sure to point that out in a recent meeting with Anutin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Laughable really, i commented 2 days ago about Prayut not getting his jab today, saying what excuse will he have this time, appears i was spot on.

Yes, it is a joke.

Not because Prayut has refused again at the second fence for a Vaccine shot, but because this is the vaccine that Thailand has chosen to produce under License from AZ.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Yes, it is a joke.

Not because Prayut has refused again at the second fence for a Vaccine shot, but because this is the vaccine that Thailand has chosen to produce under License from AZ.

Yup, just as you said, eggs in a basket that looks ready to have the bottom drop out of it.

• Like 2

Thailand will be one of the last countries to have an effective vaccination program and they will not open the borders to tourism until 2023 at least. It is not just the vaccine program for 60+ million people (2 x shots) but the airline industry has moth balled tens of thousands of planes all over the world and they will all need to be re-certified before they can fly and carry passengers again. Then there are the cockpit and cabin crews that have been laid off and their certification. An effective vaccination program is only one cog in the wheel and it will take another 24 months before we are anywhere close to a more normal tourism environment and I doubt it will ever be the exactly the same again. There is no microwave ready "toursim" solution. Its going to be long arduous slog to get back to anything like normal if you are counting on tourists in your business. 

• Like 1