Immigration Bureau

somebody in this forum mentioned that it has to be a normal savings acc and that fixed deposit is not acceptable?!?

any info in this regard?

The account must be usable for support of your Thai wife. A fixed account is not such an account from information made available. But who knows - you might find someone to accept it. :o

opalhort and lopburi3, you obviously know the law better than the officers in Soi 8. First time I was applying for a one-year extension I presented my wife and my joint account and was told that either I had to double the amount in the account or get an account for me only. This was two years ago, I think it probably hasn't changed yet.

opalhort and lopburi3, you obviously know the law better than the officers in Soi 8. First time I was applying for a one-year extension I presented my wife and my joint account and was told that either I had to double the amount in the account or get an account for me only.

Perhaps there was another factor in play? FYI: I have a joint account and know for a fact that Bangkok Immigration makes no such demand (and they are the boss). Nor have I every heard of anyone else having this happen and many people do have joint accounts.

opalhort and lopburi3, you obviously know the law better than the officers in Soi 8. First time I was applying for a one-year extension I presented my wife and my joint account and was told that either I had to double the amount in the account or get an account for me only.

Perhaps there was another factor in play? FYI: I have a joint account and know for a fact that Bangkok Immigration makes no such demand (and they are the boss). Nor have I every heard of anyone else having this happen and many people do have joint accounts.

Someone in Immigration must have had a bee in the bonnet Lop. A joint account is usually perfectly acceptable.

Someone in Immigration must have had a bee in the bonnet Lop. A joint account is usually perfectly acceptable.

The only time it might be a valid answer were if two guys were thinking of having a joint account between themselves to use for the requirement. In that case they might be told to make it double. And from the location mentioned they have probably seen such an attempt. :o