Prices french products raised +20% in Big C Extra ?

Spellforce

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Even fewer players now that Tesco is gone also might be a factor?  

Tesco is still where it was last week when I went yesterday! And still TESCO not LOTUS'S

And although it is 33km along a dual carriageway road, I could still only do 90kkph.   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Tesco is still where it was last week when I went yesterday! And still TESCO not LOTUS'S

In name only - totally different management (they even keep track of stock now and deliver as was done years ago - freezer trucks - rather the the motorcycles without ability to keep frozen items cool of recent years).  So far Lotus experience has been positive since change of management with them having at least 90% of items - it used to be about 70% if you were lucky.  But living in Bangkok use delivery service and have not set foot in a Big C for many moons.  

3 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I have noticed that the cheeses are discounted when they are about 2-3 days from "sell by".

Cheese do not become inedible a few days later. In fact In most cases it improves.

I just love a really ripe camembert - if 50% discounted, even better.

An ex French girlfriend used to stick Brie and Camembert on a plate outside on the window sill in the morning in the height of summer and come back and eat them in the evening.........lush.................

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Shipping fees sharply increased as of late. Is it possible that increased costs or maybe lower quantities (due to lack of foreigners in Thailand) pushing shipping costs even higher, are affecting the prices? Just speculating, I'm not in the know.

That said, it was always Central Food Hall or Villa Market for me when searching for imported stuff. Not BigC.

Well fuel went up too, I noticed as I topped the bike up!

• Sad 1