All First Covid-19 Vaccine Shots to Target Populations Will Be Given in 3 Months

webfact

e4a9828a4f422e90bde19b73390b6da0_small.jpg

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - All first shots of the Covid-19 vaccine will be given to target populations in the next three months, while the entire inoculation program is expected to finish by the end of this year.

Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit said when 60% of the population has been inoculated against Covid-19 and Covid-19 prevention measures continue to be well maintained, the outbreak should be well under control.

He said an effective Covid-19 vaccine distribution plan will be crucial for the government’s plan to reopen the country and boost the economy through tourism promotion programs.

Dr Kiattiphum said in this current urgent and first phase of the Covid-19 vaccination program, 2 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine supplied by China’s Sinovac Biotech are being distributed to all 13 provinces, including five provinces considered as the country’s prime tourist destinations.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

All first shots of the Covid-19 vaccine will be given to target populations in the next three months, while the entire inoculation program is expected to finish by the end of this year.

So they will be vaccinating everyone in the target Areas or just a percentage, does this include foreigners as well as all Thais?  The way I read the last portion of what I pinned is that all of Thailand will be vaccinated by the end of the year.  Ambitious & doable, or just plain fantasy? or is it that they will finish the vaccinations of the target areas by the end of the year?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

it's not 2mln, but only 200k, and out of those only 35k were already given. For some reason the ministry is stalling this program.

Judging by this, a very small chance it's possible to vaccinate some 30mln twice in this year.

Adding to this hiccups with production quality, which likely to take place (look at the mess caused by a probably substandard batch made in italy)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I read it that they are aiming for 60 percent of the entire population by the end of the year. Sounds like a rather weak tea goal to me.

Did you? I read:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - All first shots of the Covid-19 vaccine will be given to target populations in the next three months, while the entire inoculation program is expected to finish by the end of this year.

I must need some new specs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said an effective Covid-19 vaccine distribution plan will be crucial for the government’s plan

Quite. The current performance does not bode for the mass inoculations due later. 

There seems to be little coordination here with different agencies saying different things and Uncle Tu saying another.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ambitious & doable, or just plain fantasy?

Fantasy. Thais are well-known for announcing impossibe-to-achieve projects where the kudos accumulates on the announcement and everybody has forgotten all about it by the time the project dies in the bottom.

In any case, the fist shot program will be completed by the end of June (a generous estimate of the un-detailed project timeline), with the remaining 2nd-shot program to take 6 months. 6 months? what's wrong with this timetable?.  Potentially a 6-month hiatus between the 1st shot and the 2nd shot? Is that right? Doesn't seem right to me...

Edited by Taswegian23

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Quite. The current performance does not bode for the mass inoculations due later. 

There seems to be little coordination here with different agencies saying different things and Uncle Tu saying another.

SNAFU. To be absolutely expected because TiT and a cat cannot be a dog.

2 minutes ago, Taswegian23 said:

SNAFU. To be absolutely expected because TiT and a cat cannot be a dog.

No but a Man can be a woman and a woman a Tom, so in essence it is a dog eat cat world we live in.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said an effective Covid-19 vaccine distribution plan will be crucial for the government’s plan to reopen the country and boost the economy through tourism promotion programs.

One would have thought more than a target of 60% would be needed to achieve that?

• Like 1

I think this guy needs to redo his figures as there are other variants of the virus which means that the % needs to be adjusted, and that could be as high as 87% to 97%, but what would I know, I listen and then I forget.

All First Covid-19 Vaccine Shots to Target Populations Will Be Given in 3 Months.  

They better hurry , Thailand is way Behind in vaccinating the population.  

Who want to come to Thailand if they know that only a Few people are vaccinated and are at risk to catch the virus.  Not a very good view for Tourists.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I read it that they are aiming for 60 percent of the entire population by the end of the year. Sounds like a rather weak tea goal to me.

60% will not solve the problem. Singapore talks about min. 80%.

• Like 2

I can't remember in my 20 years Thailand reaching one deadline date and I do not believe they will get anywhere near the vaccinating of it's entire population by the end of the year.

Not Thai bashing just the plain truth. If they did it would be great but extremely unlikely, especially with the figure they have completed so far. Optimistic or a pipe dream, the latter I think.

20 hours ago, Taswegian23 said:

In any case, the fist shot program will be completed by the end of June (a generous estimate of the un-detailed project timeline), with the remaining 2nd-shot program to take 6 months. 6 months? what's wrong with this timetable?.  Potentially a 6-month hiatus between the 1st shot and the 2nd shot? Is that right? Doesn't seem right to me...

There is nothing wrong with the timetable. What's wrong is the logic you're applying to it. They wouldn't wait until ALL the 1st shots have been given and then start over with the 2nd round.

It would be a continuous rolling programme rather like the assembly line in a factory, each client getting their 1st & 2nd shots at the appropriate intervals. It's a well established routine in vaccination programmes.

Edited by Moonlover

On 3/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Patong2021 said:

Are these people for real? Don't they not read the information the countries who design vaccine provide, or what WHO says? Easy to find.  USA, EU, Australia, Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore are all trying to get minimum 80% vaccinated.  WHO says some vaccine need higher penetration to give herd immunity, like measles at 95% or Polio at 80%.  The  people who are the experts are saying we will need 80%+. Here is  example;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/health/herd-immunity-covid-coronavirus.html

"In the pandemic’s early days, Dr. Fauci tended to cite the same 60 to 70 percent estimate that most experts did. About a month ago, he began saying “70, 75 percent” in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said “75, 80, 85 percent” and “75 to 80-plus percent.”

And then we have Thailand where it seems they pull numbers out of backside, like tapeworm from rural dweller.  These  people don't even know if the  Sinovac vaccine will work against the new variant of virus? No clinical trial and no documentation to verify if China vaccine is effective and we get this; "Public Health Ministry Permanent Secretary Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit said when 60% of the population has been inoculated against Covid-19 and Covid-19 prevention measures continue to be well maintained, the outbreak should be well under control."  Oh please, who does he think he is  fooling? Even a simple  guy like me can do math and see that this is  nonsense claim. 

Are you for real? Don't you use your head to think for yourself, rather than relying on shady people's "advices"?

Many people were calling these vaccine passports one year ago. They were being called conspiracy theorist at this time. The same people called that the herd immunity goal will be risen step by step (like everything in this theater). And they are right again. It's an obvious game and the end-goal is to digitalize the world and give every living human being a digital identity. Total control for the powerful over the people.

So in your words, the herd immunity will be risen step by step to 100%, because by then the media will promote such a dangerous and contagious mutant of Corona, that everyone needs to be vaccinated so everyone will be safe.. I am calling that, and if it would not be illegal in this nation I would bet a huge bag of money on it.

Sure, some people may say "I have nothing to hide!". But you just need to have a look at China to see what will happen once this digital dystopian dictatorship is integrated. Everyone has "something to hide" and this is his freedom from corrupt governments. I am baffled again and again, that people really live in the belief that any government on this world now suddenly cares about their people at these Corona-times, while in all other occasions they never cared at all.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, Moonlover said:

There is nothing wrong with the timetable. What's wrong is the logic you're applying to it. They wouldn't wait until ALL the 1st shots have been given and then start over with the 2nd round.

It would be a continuous rolling programme rather like the assembly line in a factory, each client getting their 1st & 2nd shots at the appropriate intervals. It's a well established routine in vaccination programmes.

Hmmm. well, I guess time will tell how effective it is to apply this kind of logic in the 3rd world. Me? I have my doubts but I'm certain that it has nothing whatever to do with Thailand or Thais.... Definitely not - salt of the earth, advanced logic all the way down. Well known for it.

• Sad 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Patong2021 said:

"In the pandemic’s early days, Dr. Fauci tended to cite the same 60 to 70 percent estimate that most experts did. About a month ago, he began saying “70, 75 percent” in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said “75, 80, 85 percent” and “75 to 80-plus percent.”

As bright as Dr Fauci undoubtedly is, perhaps he is not a ‘management’ expert. If you want to a group to actually achieve 60-70%, better to tell everyone to aim for 80%.

Or, equally plausible that he has simply revised his targets !