Foreign tourism: Anutin says 14 day quarantine over, but it remains in some form for now

webfact

1 hour ago, radjag said:

image.png.6cefdf6908a96281dc7e0217093449f1.png

Ah! So it is the drug companies who want to deal directly with Government. Not certain representatives who insist that the Drug Companies deal through them? Right! 

If Pfizer and Moderna want to get registered surly they can only deal directly with the government. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul was pressed by the Thai press yesterday for answers about when quarantine for foreign tourists will end.

Considering Thailand has as yet not got to grips with procuring a vaccine in any great numbers, and will not be manufacturing a vaccine until June at the earliest, let alone using it on the population, how they can open up the country is beyond comprehension.

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

If Pfizer and Moderna want to get registered surly they can only deal directly with the government. 

They can, but got a slow response, while another Thai manufacturer has already got the green light.

6 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

just pathetic reading all this <deleted>.

What a totally inept pathetic government Thailand has.

Yeah you're right there, took a bit of time before people realized it though........   And the bonus is,  they're not done yet........  

Not buying imported vaccines between now and the start of local production seems penny wise and pound foolish.  The more quickly Thais can be vaccinated, the more quickly restrictions could be eased.  I'm curious about the reason that the AstraZeneca raw materials can't be supplied until June.  On various international news shows, it is said that the race is on between getting people vaccinated and the development of new and perhaps more dangerous strains of the virus.   It is just possible that within the next three months a strain will emerge that the present vaccines cannot effectively protect against.  I don't know the credence of the existence of new strains in Brazil that can cause second and third infections just as deadly as the present strains.  If those strains were to spread widely, it would be, as they say, a new ballgame.

• Sad 2

A bit off topic in spite of the rules being relax I believe one still has to go through the long and painful process of obtaining a C.O.E. although it is mentioned the quarantine is being reduce you are still required to obtain insurance 100,000 USD with age and length of stay especially a year it can run 140,000 baht?

Anyone recently especially from the West Coast U.S. gone through the process and enter Thailand?  What was the length of time it took 1-2 months to go through all the hoops and get in?  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin said that the 14 day quarantine was over and would be replaced by 10 days and 7 days for tourists who had been vaccinated but where Thailand goes from here depends on the vaccine rollout.

????

36 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Before the vaccine existed, all governments were saying "don't worry, the vaccine will be here soon and we'll be back to normal almost immediately".

And this time last year it was "We only need a three week lockdown to flatten the curve."  Ah-huh

Power freaks use their powers and then never again relinquish those powers until the entire system breaks down, as in a war or a complete collapse of society.

The writing was in the wall by March of last year.   Interesting read below in a prescient sort of way.  You can do an Internet search.  Entertaining in retrospect.

We’re not going back to normal
by Gideon Lichfield, The MIT Technology Review, March 17, 2020

• Like 2

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I suspect everyone present came away more confused about what the hell is going on than they were before Anutin opened his mouth.

How much are the people writing this trash being paid, TOO MUCH!

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"We don't know" would have been the obvious answer, instead of rambling on as usual ! 

Saying " I don't know" for such a senior government minister would involve a serious loss of face, which is why he waffled instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

He gave an answer that looked like stalling, notes Thaivisa

Brain stuck in neutral before his mouth sounds off more like .. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

"if they accept us we'll accept them". 

We'll show you ours if you show us yours then ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

Before the vaccine existed, all governments were saying "don't worry, the vaccine will be here soon and we'll be back to normal almost immediately". Now the reality that the vaccine is not the panacea that it was touted to be has been realised, governments are already starting to talk about further lockdowns. Anyone would think that governments liked being in lockdown. But then again, MPs are sitting in their big houses drinking expensive wine on full pay, so I'm sure that they want more lockdowns. They are getting richer and richer for doing very little, whilst everyone else is suffering.

Whoever you quoted that said "immediately" has a different meaning for it than the rest of us. Vaccines are definitely the best way out and are working better than expected. The problem is getting people to want them after the idiotic goings on in Europe over AZ. I'm glad here in the UK most people can see through all that nonsense. 

Roll on Monday when I get my first Pfizer jab and my father gets his second. 

8 hours ago, radjag said:

image.png.6cefdf6908a96281dc7e0217093449f1.png

Ah! So it is the drug companies who want to deal directly with Government. Not certain representatives who insist that the Drug Companies deal through them? Right! 

And what does he mean, why would an emergency decree keep a vaccine from arriving? Sounds like he is trying to blame some country without blaming any

10 hours ago, Guderian said:

Prayut: "We've got this system in Thailand that has been tried and tested over the last year, and it works very well at keeping the virus under control if infected people arrive from overseas. It's probably already saved thousands, if not tens of thousands of Thai lives, and hundreds of billions, if not trillions of Baht for businesses that would have had to shut down or curtail their activities if there had been a major outbreak. Not only that, but the Thai government has been applauded by governments and health professional around the world for its effective handling of the Covid situation."

Anutin: "Chai krup, it has been a great success, so now I propose that we abandon it and return to our normally stupid and disjointed behaviour by dropping the quarantine requirement for anybody who can buy a piece of paper resembling a vaccination certificate on the internet. What could possibly go wrong?" 

I’ll back up my jabs in my arm TWICE with evidence....paper trail and photos ????????