The end is in sight: Thailand outlines plan for re-opening, target of no quarantine from 1 Oct

webfact

6 hours ago, Guderian said:

Crazy, they're talking as if 50% of the population here has already been vaccinated instead of a few thousand.

The vaccines currently in use only have a limited effect in reducing the likelihood of people who have had them from infecting others. So fully vaccinated foreigners come here on holiday are served their beer and spring rolls by unvaccinated Thais (never mind the rather closer contact in certain bars that many tourists will be looking for, lol), some of whom will then become infected and pass it on to their families and friends, and we're back at square one. Shut the borders and close down the country. Are these people stupid? It's idiocy to open up even in a limited manner until your own people have been protected sufficiently by vaccination. 

Westerners (not incl EU basket case) vaccines may have worn off by the time thai's have had their first so they may even have to wait for jab 3/4 before Prayut lets them in...thailand is going to have to take some kind of 'risk' sooner or later or they may as well just shut the borders for good and be done with it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

You take your chances mate as my neighbour in her 40s got it, her immune system attacked her nervous system and she is now in right state, can't move about with most of her lower body locked up and its ongoing and ongoing, but of course fortunately for your facts she isn't dead so hey ho, everyone to their own huh? Regardless of the fact that when the rest of the world is running around tossing their hair freely you probably won't even be allowed in a restaurant................good luck to you ????

touching story. Dont believe 1 word of it, but it was touching.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the ever changing policy on the matter, the above quote is probably the most accurate statement in the whole piece.

As posted in the news the proposal was approved today. If I understand this correctly, it does not become official policy until published in the Royal  Gazette.  and so far I Have not found anything pertaining to todays decision. But I am in the US and my IP address might limit my ability to search.

Has anyone found anything on the subject published in the Royal Gazette ? 

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Laos still has strictly enforced quarantine requirements, so you should be fine.

Better still, don't bother visiting Thailand, thus avoiding increased exposure to the virus, also avoid any quarantine time/cost on returning to Laos.

You see, Thailand has well and truly screwed itself.  I can stay home and shop online ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guderian said:

Crazy, they're talking as if 50% of the population here has already been vaccinated instead of a few thousand.

The vaccines currently in use only have a limited effect in reducing the likelihood of people who have had them from infecting others. So fully vaccinated foreigners come here on holiday are served their beer and spring rolls by unvaccinated Thais (never mind the rather closer contact in certain bars that many tourists will be looking for, lol), some of whom will then become infected and pass it on to their families and friends, and we're back at square one. Shut the borders and close down the country. Are these people stupid? It's idiocy to open up even in a limited manner until your own people have been protected sufficiently by vaccination. 

You ve omitted some key points.  I just left Pattaya after stay 30 days plus the 16 days in ASQ .  I had more fear of getting covid from sloppy farangs half wearing masks or none in pattaya in those bars you mention.  Ive been vaccinated in the usa (2 jabs) and took 3 THREE pcr tests before i was set free.  How many did you take???? I bet none.  Im more apt in getting covid from you then you will from me.  The legally immigrated   idiots that paid 60.000b to stay in ASQ plus airfare wont need lecturing from your types until everyone lines up on soi baukhao and gets tested themselves.  

I think this is good news if they really reduce quarantine to 7-10 days from April 1. I have finished vaccination by Pfizer and will go for around three weeks around April 2nd to see to family house in Thailand if only 7 days.

So I certainly hope they tell the hotels about it soon. I will not go if 10-14 days Quarantine.

There are plenty of flights with Qatar Air from Europe to Thailand for not so expensive fares.

Edited by martin81
spelling error

31 minutes ago, martin81 said:

I think this is good news if they really reduce quarantine to 7-10 days from April 1. I have finished vaccination by Pfizer and will go for around three weeks around April 2nd to see to family house in Thailand if only 7 days.

So I certainly hope they tell the hotels about it soon. I will not go if 10-14 days Quarantine.

There are plenty of flights with Qatar Air from Europe to Thailand for not so expensive fares.

Same here, I will not do 14 days, and i don't know why they keep saying 14 days when it is really 16? even though I am vaccinated, the wife is not yet, hopefully she will be by April, but even if she is not , I will do the 10 days with her. I suggest you also do the 10 days if nit able to do the 7 vaccinated days because once people start coming ,  covid cases might start rising and they might suspend the  7 and 10 day program.

Me and the wife we were just talking about this and decided we are going while the going is good.  

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

I live in Laos, would love to make a shipping trip to BKK and spend lots of $$$.  But no way hose!  Thailand is a dangerous country right now, with Covid-19 cases a daily occurence and so many people without vaccination. It would be dreadful to think that I could bring Covid back to Laos, which has done so well compared to Thailand in keeping infections to a minimum....

I'm staying home and spending my money online....

I feel no danger at all here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Explain please.  I think I'm missing something here.

We have been away from our home in Thailand for over a year, and we are anxious to get back. Lucky for us we have a home in the US, and someone to take care of the house  and dogs in Thailand but we are home sick for Thailand and want to go there.                                                                                          So even id we are forced to do the 10 days rather than the seven days, we will bite the bullet and do  it, because we are afraid that once people  start coming there from abroad they might bring the new variants,  covid cases might start rising and they might cancel the new quarantine program and go back to 14/16 day again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

. Also within a few months I predict the AZ jab will be a one dose vaccine, for expedience if nothing else- lots of Indians are already treating it as such.

They are working on the same principal of one shower a week 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Same here, I will not do 14 days, and i don't know why they keep saying 14 days when it is really 16? even though I am vaccinated, the wife is not yet, hopefully she will be by April, but even if she is not , I will do the 10 days with her. I suggest you also do the 10 days if nit able to do the 7 vaccinated days because once people start coming ,  covid cases might start rising and they might suspend the  7 and 10 day program.

Me and the wife we were just talking about this and decided we are going while the going is good.  

++1

Good news and this time it sounds at least halfway realistic.
I successfully completed the first stage of COE yesterday and almost booked ASQ hotel (15 days) and flight.
Fortunately I saw the news early enough...
Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Just now, Turkleton said:

++1

Good news and this time it sounds at least halfway realistic.
I successfully completed the first stage of COE yesterday and almost booked ASQ hotel (15 days) and flight.
Fortunately I saw the news early enough...
Fingers crossed.

Hope , by the time you get here , you don't have to do the whole 15 days.

Also it is good that you can leave your room for more than an Hour, Even though you might not want to, just knowing that you can is a big thing for me. 

41 minutes ago, sirineou said:

This is my thoughts too. Covid will seep through any weakness shown during quarantine (allowing travellers to mingle when staying at the ASQ hotel if vaccinated etc)/ reduced timescales & has zero respect for the current whack-a-mole RAG internal controls currently in place around Thyailand and soon to be relaxed. All of these things combined, there will be further waves of Covid and lockdowns within Thailand as a result. They are not ready or prepared to live with a certain number of infections / deaths within society. It is Covid elimination strategy and lockdown as soon as there is any meaningful numbers in the community.

Take the hit and get in while you can if it is essential for you do so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

I won't bet on all these plans. Their plans have been delayed or changed so many times in the past that nobody believe them now.

In the past, they proposed tourist bubble, then it was scrapped.

If the European countries find more adverse effects of Astrazeneca, then everything will be delayed again.

Do you not read the news ? There are NO adverse effects. A few countries in Europe were stamping their feet and throwing their toys out of the pram

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spellforce said:

My mum bought her plane ticket for end of april, she is not vaccinated.

But what means the new 10 days quarantine ? 9, 10 or 11 night in the hotel ?

(untill now their 14 days quarantine = 15 nights in the hotel)

I believe 10 day quarantine would require 11 nights.

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Hope , by the time you get here , you don't have to do the whole 15 days.

Also it is good that you can leave your room for more than an Hour, Even though you might not want to, just knowing that you can is a big thing for me. 

Where did you see you can leave the room? They canned that area quarantine idea. It’ll be behind the door for 10 days.

1 hour ago, Scofield said:

Where did you see you can leave the room? They canned that area quarantine idea. It’ll be behind the door for 10 days.

google: "Quarantine to be eased from April 1"

Unfortunately, TV doesn't allow links to articles from that newspaper..

1 hour ago, Scofield said:

"Phase 1 – April and May

Tourists will be able to use fitness facilities, swim and go on cycle rides in the grounds (subject to protocols) in the ASQ. Tourists are also allowed to eat food delivered from outside the hotels. "

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/thailand-fully-reopen-to-tourists-in-january-2022-four-phase-reopening-rules/

The identical to the above  was also publishes in a publication I am not allowed  to post links to. 19 MAR 2021 AT 13:13 

Edited by sirineou

If the Thais were switched on, they'd be writing off high season and focusing relentlessly on other economic matters like attracting investment fallout from China. 

In 5-10 years, there will also likely be a global war with China. Tourism is on the downslide and will be for the next 10-15 years. 

The important sentence for me in the announcement is the one that indicates they have absolutely no idea if even the medical workers will be vaccinated by September, let alone the rest of us.  Spend more time and resources on accelerating the vaccine rollout.

• Like 1