No Quarantine or Vaccine Needed For This Growing List of Countries Reopening For Tourism

7 hours ago, Don Chance said:

So my question to you guys is.

Why isn't Thailand on this list?

Travel off Path are obviously biased against all ASEAN countries......... Why? Because none are on their list, although I note the majority that are on it have restrictions; as does Thailand. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Most of these places have some form of restrictions.  And! That could change in an instant.  Perhaps like some of my friends who were en-route when the change occurred.  Cost them thousands of dollars.  Or like my other friends who went to South Africa to celebrate their anniversary at a winery.  Only to have SA cancel all sales of alcohol.  Ugh....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, anthony0339 said:

The answer is simple. People have tested negative on their 72 hour test before coming to Thailand and tested positive after a week in quarantine in Thailand. Therefore, eliminating quarantine for people in these examples would be releasing an infected person into society. Suck it up for 10 days and come if you really miss Thailand so much! 

And get infected in quarantine ?

• Haha 1

Somehow a useless list. You can always find countries that don't care (much). If such countries don't care then people going there obviously don't care too. So a perfect match. But don't complain if you get Covid at such locations. 

If people don't like what Thailand does they should not come here but choose instead one of your alternatives. Thailand doesn't need more tourists here that don't care about any restrictions as soon as they arrive - and I see many foreigners here every day without masks for instance. Such people should not come here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

14 days hard labor at navalny camp ...pois....errr vaccine available upon arrival

this is the only way the EU people will be able to get the vaccine and don't be surprise if some take a trip just to get the jab seems the only way for them  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, anthony0339 said:

The answer is simple. People have tested negative on their 72 hour test before coming to Thailand and tested positive after a week in quarantine in Thailand. Therefore, eliminating quarantine for people in these examples would be releasing an infected person into society. Suck it up for 10 days and come if you really miss Thailand so much! 

well that;s one way but now if they got tested before getting on plane then again when landed 5 days maybe 10 max quarantine should do but if you have been vaccinated then 5 day.s will do with a test done at hotel if required. when more are vaccinated change all    

the history of visitors and expats to Thailand have a lot to do with the decisions made. All the bribing and low life activity that goes on here has made them realize foreigners just can't be trusted to do the right things regarding this pandemic. All Thailand needs to do is watch other countries to get a heads up on how those folks will act here..

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Sad 2

A very nice list of countries that I have no interest in visiting. I have been to Belize and enjoyed the 2 islands, also  seen the Tikal ruins in Guatemala

and to Roatan Island at Honduras , most other  countries have their restrictions, or issues. No way I want to go to Brazil or Venezuela either.

Guess I will wait until October to see the revised list, and should have both vaccines by then.

Geezer

DSCN3826.JPG

DSCN3934.JPG

On 3/19/2021 at 10:44 PM, BillyBobzTeeth said:

So my question to you guys is.

Why isn't Thailand on this list?

Thailand (and many other ASEAN countries) are on the list.  The problem is how you filtered the list for only fully open countries. 

Thailand

Partially Reopen For Select Tourists

Thailand is beginning to cautiously reopen for tourism and start a long recovery process for its tourism sector. Only select tourists are allowed at this time under strict entry requirements, including a 14-day quarantine. 

Thailand has plans to shorten the 14 day quarantine to 7 days for vaccinated travelers.

See more information on Thailand reopening to tourism