New Suzuki Swift unveiled at the Bangkok International Motor Show 2021

webfact

swift.jpg

Suzuki Motor (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has unveiled the New Suzuki Swift at the Bangkok International Motor Show 2021.

The New Suzuki Swift features 1.2-litre K12M 4-cylinder benzene engine that generates 83 horsepower (PS) at 6,000 rounds/minute, torque of 108 newton meter at 4,400 rounds/minute. 

swift-2.jpg

It also includes Suzuki’s  DUALJET technology for improved combustion efficiency

The New Suzuki Swift demonstrates an even more sports-car-like feel with the newly installed chromium grille and 16-inch buffed aluminum alloy wheels.

The model is equipped with the LED Projector headlights, and LED taillights. The vehicle’s dimensions are 3,845 mm in length, 1,735 mm in width, and 1,495 mm in height, as well as a wheel base of 2,450 mm.

Inside there’s a 8-inch touchscreen and featured packed entertainment system which includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth.

There are two versions available - the GL or GLX.

swift-3.jpg

Highlights of the GLX version include new sporty design front grille with chromium strip, electrical fold outside door mirrors, rear view camera, keyless entry and push start and automatic air conditioner.

The NEW SUZUKI SWIFT comes in a choice of 6 colors of Speedy Blue Metallic (ZYH), Ablaze Red Pearl (ZTW), Pure White Pearl (ZYG), Star Silver Metallic (ZTS), Mineral Gray Metallic (ZTU), and Super Black Pearl (ZTT). 

Swift-4.jpg

The price of the GL starts at 557,000 baht, with the GLX price starting at 629,000 baht.

Suzuki is offering a special promotion of 1.99% interest rates and installments beginning at only 3,333 baht per month.

• Haha 1

It's basically the same as the 'outgoing' model. I don't see any differences. Probably a minor model change. 

Suzuki needs to introduce the boosterjet engine to compete with the likes of the city and almera turbo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

New Suzuki Swift at the Bangkok International Motor Show 2021.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The New Suzuki Swift features 1.2-litre K12M 4-cylinder benzene engine that generates 83 horsepower (PS) at 6,000 rounds/minute, torque of 108 newton meter at 4,400 rounds/minute. 

Petrol Engine 83 Hp at 6,000 Rpm sounds much better to me.   ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DavisH said:

It's basically the same as the 'outgoing' model. I don't see any differences. Probably a minor model change. 

Suzuki needs to introduce the boosterjet engine to compete with the likes of the city and almera turbo.

I agree, we were there yesterday.  Saw some impressive cars, but most of the models do not look like they have changed the body style much.  so many sales desks and sales people all over the place.  Felt like the old days when you would step foot on the dealerships lot and be swarmed back in the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The New Suzuki Swift features 1.2-litre K12M 4-cylinder benzene engine

Wonder what they mean by that. Only runs on premium fuel likely..  Benzene (a known carcinogen) is added to regular fuel to make premium. The pollution is already bad enough in thailand..

They're removing avatars now? ????

Edited by XBroker

16 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Never could get my head around Suzuki making cars, dont like them, and to me they will always be mortorcycles manufacturers.

Extremely short sighted biased view..... considering how long they've been around and what they actually started out as. Still it takes all sorts I guess.......

In 1909, Michio Suzuki (1887–1982) founded the Suzuki Loom Works in the small seacoast village of Hamamatsu, Japan . Business boomed as Suzuki built weaving looms for Japan's giant silk industry.[9] In 1929, Michio Suzuki invented a new type of weaving machine, which was exported overseas. The company's first 30 years focused on the development and production of these machines.[citation needed]

Despite the success of his looms, Suzuki believed that his company would benefit from diversification and he began to look at other products. Based on consumer demand, he decided that building a small car would be the most practical new venture. The project began in 1937, and within two years Suzuki had completed several compact prototype cars. These first Suzuki motor vehicles were powered by a then-innovative, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-cylinder engine. It had a cast aluminum crankcase and gearbox and generated 13 horsepower (9.7 kW) from a displacement of less than 800cc.[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki#:~:text=Business boomed as Suzuki built,and production of these machines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UncleMhee said:

Extremely short sighted biased view..... considering how long they've been around and what they actually started out as. Still it takes all sorts I guess.......

In 1909, Michio Suzuki (1887–1982) founded the Suzuki Loom Works in the small seacoast village of Hamamatsu, Japan . Business boomed as Suzuki built weaving looms for Japan's giant silk industry.[9] In 1929, Michio Suzuki invented a new type of weaving machine, which was exported overseas. The company's first 30 years focused on the development and production of these machines.[citation needed]

Despite the success of his looms, Suzuki believed that his company would benefit from diversification and he began to look at other products. Based on consumer demand, he decided that building a small car would be the most practical new venture. The project began in 1937, and within two years Suzuki had completed several compact prototype cars. These first Suzuki motor vehicles were powered by a then-innovative, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-cylinder engine. It had a cast aluminum crankcase and gearbox and generated 13 horsepower (9.7 kW) from a displacement of less than 800cc.[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki#:~:text=Business boomed as Suzuki built,and production of these machines.

Short sighted and biased,may be, but its my opinion, and I am entitlesd to it as you are yours without the insult ! In my opinion and experience they are cheaply made and poor quality.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

I bought a new Suzuki Swift here almost 10 years ago and I have been absolutely delighted with it, so much so that if I have to buy another car of any description, it would be another Suzuki.

And believe me I've owned and driven more than my fair share of European and Japanese cars, and I just can't go by this one for reliability, road-holding, perky little engine and an all-round lovely car.

I almost bought a Swift when they came out, still sort of kicking myself for not doing it. 

The styling has stood the test of time and they still look great.

The guys that bought the Ranges the first year on the current did okay as well. They were dirt cheap the first year. Looked at those as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moose7117 said:

it is odd that in Australia you can buy a Suzuki swift with a 1.4 litre engine that puts out 103 KW (138 HP) for @655000 baht. yet here you don't even have that option.

but if you really want a sporty hatchback , look here.

https://www.toyota.com.au/gr-yaris/range

It’s not odd at all.

Maybe head over to the Singapore car forum and entertain them with the shocking news their cars are available cheaper elsewhere... and what’s this permit you need to buy to purchase a car on top.  Kerrist.

1 hour ago, moose7117 said:

it is odd that in Australia you can buy a Suzuki swift with a 1.4 litre engine that puts out 103 KW (138 HP) for @655000 baht. yet here you don't even have that option.

but if you really want a sporty hatchback , look here.

https://www.toyota.com.au/gr-yaris/range

Yeah, in the US I can get a new Mustang with a 5.0L V8 that makes 480 HP @ 7.000 RPM for 1.72M Baht.

Or a Ford F-250 with a 6.7-liter turbo-diesel V8 that makes 475 horsepower and 1,050 lbs of torque for 1.44M Baht

On 3/27/2021 at 10:36 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

The old SWIFT had 91 HP with  1.242 c.c. motor.

Hardly an improvement. 

Most all manufacturers are heading down this slope - mini engines with a turbo.

Not a one of them will stand up long term - all under high stress to put out their measly HP and TQ numbers

Just another reason to buy second hand - get something that will last.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, Smithson said:

For cars in this class I think the Jazz has the largest engine and best power, around 115 hp

The jazz is a b-segment car. The swift is an eco car. 

Compare the jazz to the new honda city turbo (which is an eco car). The city is better than the jazz in everyway. 

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Not a one of them will stand up long term - all under high stress to put out their measly HP and TQ numbers

Yeah, you can thank fuel and emission regulations for the tiny, overworked engines.

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The swift doesn't have a turbo here, and not likely to get it. How do you know small turbos will be unreliable? The almera and city have only been out a year or so. No reports of problems so far. No need to compare to 1990's cars of the same ilk. 

I know of a few suzuki swifts (serviced by a  garage I know) having sone 300K+ kms without major problems (aside from perishable items). 

• Like 2

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, you can thank fuel and emission regulations for the tiny, overworked engines.

How are they "overworked". They run at well less than 2000rpm at 100km/h? There's boost at most revs. No need to thrash them - unlike my wife's swift that needs thrashing to get decent acceleration out of it. 

Just now, DavisH said:

The swift doesn't have a turbo here, and not likely to get it. How do you know small turbos will be unreliable? The almera and city have only been out a year or so. No reports of problems so far. No need to compare to 1990's cars of the same ilk. 

I know of a few suzuki swifts (serviced by a  garage I know) having sone 300K+ kms without major problems (aside from perishable items). 

The higher the engine revs, the shorter the life, all other things being equal. 

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

The higher the engine revs, the shorter the life, all other things being equal. 

Well it doesn't rev higher - even the redline is only about 6000rpm and one never needs to rev it that hard. There's no point to compare to v8's of yesteryear. Modern cars are far more reliable than anything from the past - even small turbos. Now if talking about remapping the engine, then yes, they will be less durable - the city turbo can be remapped to run 6.7 sec for 0-100km/h. Over time the cvt will get wornwhen driven hard. 

42 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Well it doesn't rev higher - even the redline is only about 6000rpm and one never needs to rev it that hard. There's no point to compare to v8's of yesteryear. Modern cars are far more reliable than anything from the past - even small turbos. Now if talking about remapping the engine, then yes, they will be less durable - the city turbo can be remapped to run 6.7 sec for 0-100km/h. Over time the cvt will get wornwhen driven hard. 

I'm not talking about red-lining, I'm talking about how many times the engine revolves per unit distance.

They should sell one with a good engine as the mini, around 200 HP and a Turbo would be enough.

This car is even nicer than the ugly new mini that people might buy only because they have no taste.

By the way, what is the smallest powerful car that we can find here ?

I do not call a car powerful if it hasn't at least 200 HP.

Edited by ThailandFoodExpert