Thailand urges calm after death of COVID-19 vaccine recipient

webfact

2021-03-26T060913Z_1_LYNXMPEH2P0BZ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND-VACCINE.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A health worker holds a syringe and a vial of the Sinovac coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine at a market after hundreds of local residents in the district tested positive for COVID-19 in Bangkok, Thailand, March 17, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai health officials rushed to calm public fears on Friday after confirming a man had died 10 days after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine earlier this month.

The cause of death was from an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and rupture, senior health official Sopon Mekton said, adding the country's vaccination campaign would continue.

The man was inoculated on March 3 and died on March 13.

"I am confident this death is from the aneurysm and not related to the vaccine," Sopon told a news conference.

An AAA is the swelling of the main blood vessel that leads from the heart and ruptures can be fatal.

The man, whose age was not disclosed, had a pre-existing health condition and had undergone surgery in January, said health official Tawee Chotpitayasunond, describing it as "a time bomb in the body".

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul urged the public to take vaccines.

So far, Thailand has administered about 136,000 doses of coronavirus vaccines, mostly using those of China's Sinovac Biotech but AstraZeneca vaccines have also been given.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha was the first in Thailand to receive an AstraZeneca shot on March 16, which was delayed by several days after reports in Europe of blood clots among some recipients.

Those inoculated in Thailand so far have been frontline medical workers or groups seen as at risk due to potential exposure to the virus, or their age and pre-existing health conditions.

Thailand has reported 28,577 coronavirus infections and 92 fatalities.

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-03-26

Thailand investigates a post-COVID-19 inoculation death

COVID-19-Vaccine-SINOVAC..jpg

Thai public health officials are investigating the death of a COVID-19 vaccine recipient.

Vice Minister of Public Health, Dr. Sophon Mekthon, said Friday that the fatality was one of two vaccine recipients who had developed severe side effects, with the deceased having suffered from an aortic aneurysm prior to inoculation and the other developing urticaria (hives).

An aortic aneurysm is a balloon-like bulge in the aorta, the large artery that carries blood from the heart through the chest and torso.  The pressure of blood pumping through it can split the layers of the artery, allowing blood to leak between its layers, or burst and disgorge blood into the abdomen.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-investigates-a-post-covid-19-inoculation-death/

Logo-top-.png
  • Thanks 1

COVID Vaccine Not Blamed for Death

screenshot_13033.jpg

BANGKOK, March 26 (TNA) - A patient's death after COVID-19 vaccination did not result from the inoculation, according to the health minister.

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul confirmed the safety of COVID-19 vaccination in response to the death of a vaccine recipient who had suffered from ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.

The death had nothing to do with COVID-19 vaccination. The patient had suffered from aortic aneurysm and it was the coincidence that he had just been inoculated against COVID-19, Mr Anutin said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-663049

tnalogo.jpg

Clearly this man's death has nothing to do with the vaccination, but what I would like to know is just how many vaccinations have been given so far in Thailand. How many people have suffered minor side effects?

Is it in the hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of vaccinations? I have searched, but can't find any numbers.

Most countries publish these numbers as they are proud of the progress. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

"The death had nothing to do with COVID-19 vaccination. The patient had suffered from aortic aneurysm and it was the coincidence that he had just been inoculated against COVID-19, Mr Anutin said."

I would not call 10 days ago having "just" been inoculated

If every death even more than a week later in a vaccinated person is going to be reported this will get tiresome very fast as the numbers of people vaccinate rise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

So far, Thailand has administered about 136,000 doses of coronavirus vaccines,

Abysmal admission, and they are talking about dropping quarantine and opening up the country.

It's not an inoculation programme, it's a farcical dereliction of duty to protect the population from the government.

I don't understand a thing, if one has very serious heart problems, heart attack, collapse, lungs, cancer, liver problems, kidneys, blood circulation, and other health problems, he goes to the hospital for treatment, and they give him a swab for control and they find him the covid, and because of his health problems he dies, and then later they classify him that he died of covid, if instead a person is injected with a vaccine, and for no one knows what happened next he comes classified that he died of other causes but not for the vaccine, there is something that does not come back to me, I do not know why, I express my ideas with respect for the ideas of others, good life to all.  ( I AM NOT A ANTIVAX, I AM A MAN WHO THINKS FREELY ) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

How dare you say that? You know very well they have a new Road Safety Initiative every year. Clearly every step that can be taken is being taken. ????

just like with the burning.  ha ha

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:58 PM, webfact said:

COVID Vaccine Not Blamed for Death

screenshot_13033.jpg

BANGKOK, March 26 (TNA) - A patient's death after COVID-19 vaccination did not result from the inoculation, according to the health minister.

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul confirmed the safety of COVID-19 vaccination in response to the death of a vaccine recipient who had suffered from ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.

The death had nothing to do with COVID-19 vaccination. The patient had suffered from aortic aneurysm and it was the coincidence that he had just been inoculated against COVID-19, Mr Anutin said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-663049

If it makes people feel better Im 63 years old and had the single dose Jensen vaccine last Friday on a military base in Afghanistan where I work. No complications, I also had the flu shot last year and Im here to write about it.

tnalogo.jpg

If they plan to publish every person's death that occurred after a Covid vaccination, by August of this year they'll need to dedicate a news publication to listing names.

Khun Somchai Pretthaimak died one week after taking Covid shot.
"Khun Somchai hit a tree in his HiLux at 150 kpm."

Next!

Khun Prung Lairaigon died three days after taking a Covid shot.
"Khun Lairaigon died after eating a handful of benzos and washing it down with bottle of Thai whiskey."

Next!  <...and so on.....natural and otherwise. The press loves a good story.>

On 3/26/2021 at 10:29 AM, Thaiophil said:

Expect a lot of hyped up media scare stories after anyone who has had the vaccine dies, never mind there is no connection to the vaccine.

Maybe they should have a rule that if you are vaccinated you are not allowed to ride a motorbike drunk without a helmet during Songkran - otherwise there will be mass panic about the safety of the vaccine.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One patient dies 10 days after suffering severe side effects from the vaccine and having an pre-existing heart condition. In Thailand 93 people die after catching COVID, most had pre-existing conditions.

• 136000 doses given and 1 death 
  • 28700 infections and 93 dead from COVID.

That could indicate you are 440 times more likely to die from COVID than the Vaccine

(That's if the government death rates from COVID are to be believed).

Sometimes when you fudge the figures you end up with an even more fudgy result. Nobody can tell what is true anymore.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave... When first we practice to deceive"

Sir Walter Scott

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 2