TAT launches places of worship tourism campaign

rooster59

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister’s Office Minister Anucha Nakasai said today the WAT campaign combines traditional beliefs with tourism to deliver new faith tourism options.

How do you spell CODSWALLOP?

They try hard with lots of new ideas and initiatives but dont execute the plans very well.

Makes me sad to see so many good ideas fall apart through lack of management.

Anyway, nice photo without masks guys.

• Confused 1

Just now, Nsp64 said:

They try hard with lots of new ideas and initiatives but dont execute the plans very well.

Makes me sad to see so many good ideas fall apart through lack of management.

Anyway, nice photo without masks guys.

They're all wearing those hi-so shields. No matter they've been condemned as being of as much use as a Thai on a motorbike, they're all the rage on the telly and other hi-so watering holes so that's good enough for them.

it's only thai, and older generation, which do once a year do pilgrimages, usually one day, doing some 5-10 temples.

Rarely any foreigners would concentrate on them, temple would be only one of many attractions on the way, and not far from the main route.

there may be only less than 100 temples in the country which are special to tourists.

They are rather not old, because those are ruined, dilapidated.

Most tourists, after doing several temples in bkk and chiang mai, don't want to see anymore of them.

local traditions are completely different matter, but again, not for the majority and not large part of holiday.

foreign tourists are coming for beaches, nature.

can't imagine pandemic and post-pandemic tourism based on travel - that's outright danger to everybody. Tourists should stay only in one place, travel within one province, no matter how long they are coming for

12 hours ago, connda said:

Welcome to our temple.

Farang:  ฿500
Thai:  Free

My local temple which is famous in Thailand for having the tallest stupa charges entry for foreigners.

As the guy stands in front of you at the gates with his hand out to be paid, I merely smile at him and say "keep your temple" turn and walk away.

56 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My local temple which is famous in Thailand for having the tallest stupa charges entry for foreigners.

As the guy stands in front of you at the gates with his hand out to be paid, I merely smile at him and say "keep your temple" turn and walk away.

So more pay to play, very nice. 

"I came here to pray with my family sir, we come every week, and every week you won't let me pray without paying, so I can mot make merit for the lord buddah and therefore he can not help me to obtain the funds required, you see where I am going sir.  Enjoy your temple unto yourself".

Is that it hotchili, did I nail it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So more pay to play, very nice. 

"I came here to pray with my family sir, we come every week, and every week you won't let me pray without paying, so I can mot make merit for the lord buddah and therefore he can not help me to obtain the funds required, you see where I am going sir.  Enjoy your temple unto yourself".

Is that it hotchili, did I nail it.

Certainly did... the local temple in question.

Phra Pathom Chedi.jpg