Thailand reports 26 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

static.reuters.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand reported 26 new COVID-19 infections on Thursday.

Of the new cases, 21 were local transmissions, while 5 were imported from people entering quarantine.

Most of the new cases were discovered in Bangkok and Samut Sakhon.

A further 122 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

1,247 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 28,889 with 94 deaths. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-01

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Running out of tests again by the sound of it

U sound as if you'd be happier if the numbers were higher.. We're very lucky  here life is pretty normal u should be very happy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

U sound as if you'd be happier if the numbers were higher.. We're very lucky  here life is pretty normal u should be very happy. 

I'd be happier if I had more confidence in thai testing - Uk tests 126,000,000 - Thailand 8,000,000 ! Do you not believe if you do 118,000,000 more test you'd find more positives or not  ?

Thailand wants - and has been in the past - a vast hub of tourism. Wanting 40,000,000  tourists a year, you would think that being near the top in testing would be a big pull to attract tourists and give them future confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd be happier if I had more confidence in thai testing - Uk tests 126,000,000 - Thailand 8,000,000 ! Do you not believe if you do 118,000,000 more test you'd find more positives or not  ?

Thailand wants - and has been in the past - a vast hub of tourism. Wanting 40,000,000  tourists a year, you would think that being near the top in testing would be a big pull to attract tourists and give them future confidence.

I agree with you 100 percent, more tests more cases, but what would be the point in doing that, it's been 14 months or so since thailands first case and for whatever reason it maybe people here aren't getting sick or dying,why cause unnecessary panic. 

35 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I agree with you 100 percent, more tests more cases, but what would be the point in doing that, it's been 14 months or so since thailands first case and for whatever reason it maybe people here aren't getting sick or dying,why cause unnecessary panic. 

It was reported in the UK Oxford University's Centre for Evidence, that 29-35% of all covid deaths some months were recorded as covid deaths but the actual cause of death was not covid. I have very little faith that every one of the 500,000 plus deaths per year in Thailand were tested. I would imagine far more than 94 people would have been reported dead 'with' covid if this was done fully. Problem is that many many countries all have different regulations on reporting covid related deaths, all the charts are like mostly comparing say a UK pear with a Thai apple !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Running out of tests again by the sound of it

Anutin needs them in the north for the fleeing folks from Myanmar along with all of the remain Covid-19 vaccines.