Tourism Ministry Considers Free Cross-provincial Flights for Foreign Tourists

webfact

Im in a qarantene hotel in bangkok now.I get a msg from the hotel yesterday about my adress in thailand so they can issue.cerificate letter from the goverment.They need my full adress after qarantene is finished.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

And this is why you got to love Thailand.

One day, all is aimed at attracting the rich, and rules introduced but removed for having money in the bank, but the next day offering free flights.

As if saving 1500-2000 baht will make all that much of a difference to even not so rich, but if they are targeting the rich, then why even think to offer free flights?

Why stop at free flights? why not add free hotel? free food? and free overnight guest?

You obviously have never flown to Samui. 

If they have finally woken up and realised that rich people are insignificant and us plebs are where the significant money is going to come from then that could be a real turning point. 

Here in the UK we are dying to get away and a nice little stay in Samui before a free flight to other more reasonable places is very tempting. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Free flights to Samui and no quarantine sounds good to me. A chance to catch up with friends I have not seen for years partly due to the stupidly high flight costs and partly due to rip off prices for everything else there. 

Unfortunately I don't see this happening. Bangkok Airways will want too much as they used to exploiting their monopoly. Next the UK doesn't have any vaccine passport set up and people are saying they will be decisive so don't want them - surly that is the point of having them! I want to be devided from the ignorant few who refuse to be vaccinated. 

What happens about our unvaccinated son? He will be last on the list so definitely won't have 2 shots in time. 

As it is only a proposal I will wait to see if it actually sees the light of day before I make any plans. 

Maybe you're the ignorant one for getting the vaccine!????????????????

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Last time I flew to Samui it was well over £100 per flight. 100 x 2 for each of us is £600. You may have money to burn but we have to work for it. 

Normally we take 2 foreign holidays a year, Thailand being one of them so we are not on the breadline. Also this year funds are down due to covid19 but we still want to get away. Being forced to pay to go to Phuket or Samui for quarantine could make the difference between Thailand or somewhere else. That is the reality. 

Maybe taxing expats pensions to subsidise flights would be a viable way to get this working.

when was last time? a decade ago? 10000 baht return flight? did you go first class? or a charter?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

when was last time? a decade ago? 10000 baht return flight? did you go first class? or a charter?

It was about 8 years ago. I can't find the details so maybe I am a little off on the price but it was way over any other domestic flight in Thailand. But Samui Airport was very nice not that it made any difference. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badboldie said:

Only phuket is open in July, once you have been there 1 week  (quarretine Island) you can go to rest of thailand. So free flight because they do not want tourist to go home straight away. 

Yeah I’d have some of that it beats been in this rats nest London looks i will have to get the freaking jab then ????

50 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Soi 6, Pattaya, Thailand?

Sincerely 

Morris 

My friend tried to say pattaya area.They didnt approve that.They really need a proper adress.And they will google the adress same they do in the airport uppon arrival.I will stay in my apartment in bangkok.They get my full adress,and their satisfied with that.

Edited by stigar

I’ve noticed that this guy is always proposing and suggesting many insane ideas since last year, but none of his ideas were taken into credit or actually even work. So where are the tourists? Besides, nobody knows how long this crazy pandemic will continue for or when everything will be back to normal because even after vaccination, we are also not sure if it’s safe for everyone to travel. Additionally, Thailand always comes up some ridiculous policies for the foreign travelers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimInPattaya said:

GREAT, NOT SO MUCH!

It seems that the people in charge miss the point that Thailand has been simply, "extremely lucky" so far. Waves of new outbreaks are still happening around the world. Vaccination does not prevent COVID! It reduces severity and symptoms. If tourists will be coming they can still be infected and spread COVID around Thailand to locals.

So far very few people have been vaccinated in Thailand. Un-vaccinated locals will not have any protection! Some locals can expect full severity if the become infected without being vaccinated. Concept of collateral damage comes to mind.

Nobody knows when the vaccine will be readily available to the locals. A new plan or target is announced every couple of days that usually contradicts previous plans. If tourists arrive before vaccinations then Thailand is likely Fl#ked! But then its all about money. Think of all the money that can be saved if there are fewer older people alive thanks to COVID for the government to support with future health care and old age benefits. Some might consider it a planned cull.

How can you build a proof about Thailand free from COVID infection ? There is very low test rate made there.

I know already a friend there in Thailand die with kind of COVID symptoms, he hasn't been tested.

To speak seriously, we need to get something serious in the hand first. You do not.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Has anyone actually explained to the Thai Gov't that the vaccine does not stop you catching or spreading Covid? The virus continues to shed in a vaccinated person. It just stops them from being very sick and lessens the chance of requiring hospitalisation. Singapore is identifying a significant number of infected people in quarantine on a daily basis - that remains their barrier to the general population. The bottomline is that vaccinated people can spread the virus to other vaccinated and non-vaccinated people who in turn shed to others. As for free flights - that is the least of concerns.

So it looks like you can fly into Phuket than after a week you can fly anywhere you want in Thailand. So where the hell are the good vaccines for the rest of Thailand? Do you really want to build more hospitals?

• Like 1