More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

But how are  they getting in past the Covid security requirements?

According to Nicha...

Mother and daughter who arrived already sick from Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and were brought directly from the Seatran ferry to Nathon Hospital

222628292_354522669539376_629508289834196161_n.jpg.8093642e5e773c4654ce49dc0e7c98f6.jpg

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

According to Nicha...

Mother and daughter who arrived already sick from Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and were brought directly from the Seatran ferry to Nathon Hospital

222628292_354522669539376_629508289834196161_n.jpg.8093642e5e773c4654ce49dc0e7c98f6.jpg

But that is a dark red zone. How are people travelling from there to here in the first place?

I thought there were road blocks everywhere to prevent this sort of thing.

Surely these people should be locked down at point of origin.

They are never going to prevent it spreading if people continue to ignore travel restrictions. I wonder how many people they were in close contact with on the ferry.

crazy!

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

27th July

+4 cases Koh Samui

+1 case Koh Phangan
Samui: 2 cases Samui+ tourists; 1 case from Bangkok; 1 case requesting a travel covid test.

221626546_4090194794411849_8913744363163089617_n.jpg.5a3d8c64f44a93b3d50e1357d8eaadfd.jpg

Those cases from Bangkok just keep on coming.

27 minutes ago, khunPer said:

28th July +20...

image.png.1f0e701ff192515f2c764b19a52801

This is a bit late notice...the infected people have been going around for a while. Doesn't look good. I've heard rumours that the island is going to be clamping on travel, but not official info.

41 minutes ago, khunPer said:

28th July +20...

image.png.1f0e701ff192515f2c764b19a52801

They need to get updated as the symptoms from delta are a lot different than other variants. Generally appears just as a cough and general cold symptoms rather than the previous fever loss of taste etc. 

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

This is a bit late notice...the infected people have been going around for a while. Doesn't look good. I've heard rumours that the island is going to be clamping on travel, but not official info.

Sorry, but the notice only appeared today, it does say "28/07/21", sorry if late notice...????

• Haha 2

Just now, khunPer said:

Sorry, but the notice only appeared today, it does say "28/07/21", sorry if late notice...????

Not your fault of course ????

I think the people avoid being tested unless they are really sick...which prolongs the time the infected spend in the community. The authorities here should start mass testing and contact tracing, otherwise it could be long time before they have zero covid cases again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Not your fault of course ????

I think the people avoid being tested unless they are really sick...which prolongs the time the infected spend in the community. The authorities here should start mass testing and contact tracing, otherwise it could be long time before they have zero covid cases again.

Yes, and what happens if tested asymptomatic positive, expensive hospital costs for two weeks..?

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Yes, and what happens if tested asymptomatic positive, expensive hospital costs for two weeks..?

That is the problem likely stopping people with relatively mild symptoms coming forward. It is possible for them to isolate at home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swimfan said:

That is the problem likely stopping people with relatively mild symptoms coming forward. It is possible for them to isolate at home. 

And I know a few (not many) people who did just that.

I did it myself back in April when two girls, who were staying with me, came into possible contact with a Covid case at the hotel where they worked.

I self quarantined for two weeks until they both had two negative test results.

None of us had symptoms.

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

this is the biggest issue

I'm absoluely fine, but if I was mildly sick, no way would I go for a test, which would result in me being shipped off the surat thani hospital for 2 expensive weeks of R&R when I can choose to just self isolate at home in my own bed and on my own sofa for free.

31 minutes ago, lom said:

Jungle drums say that the 20 covid cases in Samui today had multiplied to 40 in the afternoon and right now at 10pm they are around 100.

Can anyone confirm this?

I've also heard the 100 jungle drums, waiting for little more facts.

Covid-19 Update 28 July 2021

More than 500 people who went to the Black Bamboo July 16-23 and their close contacts were tested today. Results will be known tomorrow.

+19 local cases,  include 16 cases related to the Black Bamboo cluster

+1 imported case in Ko Samui

+1 local case in Ko Phangan (Black Bamboo Cluster)

+1 imported case from Bangkok (ASQ) in Ko Tao

217374467_358359629155680_1346934909591251765_n.jpg.4dfc46b834d47ca532c2ef7e67b18adc.jpg

7 minutes ago, No1Farang said:

500 got tested. And they have all been out and about over the Island on their daily and night life.  That means just about everybody that lives here has been potentially exposed.  I blame the authorities for allowing bars and night clubs to pretend to be restaurants and open into the small hours with hundreds attending.  There is no way the authorities didn't know this but for whatever reason, brown envelopes or being well connected, they chose to turn a blind eye to this.  And must not forget the person who arrived from Bangkok and chose not to isolate but go partying instead should be shot.  Now we all suffer and are at risk

Even if they operated as Restaurants, 11PM closing time would have been the legal parameters. Very typical that small bars that opened got visited by the police and owners/guests taken to the station but the big clubs (including beach clubs) have been operating with alcohol sales for months.

With all the resources invested into Samui plus by the local, provincial and national government one can only hope that they will ask for answers and that there will be pressure to make an example on the people who caused this embarrassment. Saying this, they will probably fine the people attending the club  restaurant and let the owner and their protectors get away with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, huberthammer said:

Saying this, they will probably fine the people attending the club  restaurant and let the owner and their protectors get away with it.

Unfortunately, that is the way of the world.

The Thonglor Hi-So's and the owners of the Phuket clubs have still not been punished (as far as anyone knows).

23 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

The Thonglor Hi-So's and the owners of the Phuket clubs have still not been punished (as far as anyone knows).

23 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well, we could both be wrong in this case. The BP article states that authorities have pressed charges against the owners of entertainment venues which stayed open beyond closure times.

1 hour ago, No1Farang said:

500 got tested. And they have all been out and about over the Island on their daily and night life.  That means just about everybody that lives here has been potentially exposed.  I blame the authorities for allowing bars and night clubs to pretend to be restaurants and open into the small hours with hundreds attending.  There is no way the authorities didn't know this but for whatever reason, brown envelopes or being well connected, they chose to turn a blind eye to this.  And must not forget the person who arrived from Bangkok and chose not to isolate but go partying instead should be shot.  Now we all suffer and are at risk

The authorities in Sydney have done 2.2 million tests for six weeks with massive contact tracing trying to reduce the cases back to zero. Today - they have the highest number of  cases in 6 weeks. Once it is out in significant numbers, it is hard to clear it up.

This is going to cause problems for weeks, if not months. I know Thais which were close contacts to people attending these venues...they still can't be bothered to get tested. Others are trying to keep it quiet in order not to affect their rentals or businesses.

Hopefully they won't close the beaches..

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

The authorities in Sydney have done 2.2 million tests for six weeks with massive contact tracing trying to reduce the cases back to zero. Today - they have the highest number of  cases in 6 weeks. Once it is out in significant numbers, it is hard to clear it up.

This is going to cause problems for weeks, if not months. I know Thais which were close contacts to people attending these venues...they still can't be bothered to get tested. Others are trying to keep it quiet in order not to affect their rentals or businesses.

Hopefully they won't close the beaches..

If the number of over 100 being mentioned for Samui is true, that is more cases in one week than in the whole of the last 17 months since the first outbreak.

Down to what? 

Edited by phetphet

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

29th July +39..

The daily cases are reported in the morning so they are always the previous days cases.

The lab has still lots of yesterdays tests to process so it will be interesting to see the figures they release tomorrow.

What activity did the High Risk Contact participate in? ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well, we could both be wrong in this case. The BP article states that authorities have pressed charges against the owners of entertainment venues which stayed open beyond closure times.

1000 THB fine ?