More COVID cases in Surat Thani?

@ExpatOilWorker

I am assuming you are in Ko Toa. I am in Samui at the moment and was considering either a day trip to Ko Toa (Ko Nanguan) or an overnight trip and rent a long tail to do a lap of the island. However, from the few pictures posted a few days ago of "take away and shop at the door" it seems like the place is at DEFCON-1 so I probably wouldn't be able to do anything. Is it best to stay away for a few weeks?

Thanks in advance.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, corkman said:

@ExpatOilWorker

I am assuming you are in Ko Toa. I am in Samui at the moment and was considering either a day trip to Ko Toa (Ko Nanguan) or an overnight trip and rent a long tail to do a lap of the island. However, from the few pictures posted a few days ago of "take away and shop at the door" it seems like the place is at DEFCON-1 so I probably wouldn't be able to do anything. Is it best to stay away for a few weeks?

Thanks in advance.

The worst is over and life is returning back to the new normal. Mask on all the time and no night life of course.

Police setting up check points.

20210927_163251.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 12:48 PM, corkman said:

@ExpatOilWorker

Thanks in advance.

How are things looking on Samui? I assume everything (apart from Central Festival) is still closed in Chaweng? Any sign of tourists returning? 

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Yes, I saw 4 young farang couples - well one of the chicks looked black - on Maenam Beach today. The boys were playing ball of some kind, the girls were  just sitting looking gorgeous in their bikinis, so seems like some tourists are coming...????

Well that's good news. It's a start anyway! Hope you enjoyed the view ????

I guess it's a chicken and egg situation. The local businesses need tourists in order to open, and the tourists need businesses open to go there on holiday. 

Tough situation 

• Like 2

2nd October

Samui +11 new cases
Phangan, no new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

3rd October

Samui +19 new cases
Phangan +1 new case
Koh Tao, no new cases

There is a cluster of Covid-19 at ISS (International School Samui). The advise is: 

If you or your child has had any contact with students, parents or teachers from this school we recommend that you get a Covid test. If you know that you have had contact with any of the families that have had a positive test, you should isolate and seek medical advice

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

There is a cluster of Covid-19 at ISS (International School Samui).

Another 8 added today, so far these have all been primary school kids, no secondary kids tested positive as yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have been told that the school is closing for 14 days. Not from Jeremy but from one of the teachers.

Yes that's true, as soon as the first cases came to light they brought forward the half-term holiday by a couple of weeks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

Yes that's true, as soon as the first cases came to light they brought forward the half-term holiday by a couple of weeks

KUMON outside Tesco Lotus is also closing for a week, maybe two.

Might be just a precaution as children from ISS also go there for lessons, and mix with other youngsters

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

I buy Covid Antigen tests from the pharmacy, 250 - 300 baht. Results in 15 mins. They might not be as accurate as a PCR test, but handy for self check. Used one on daughter last night as she had visited KUMON last week.

Boots in Big C does a pack of 5 tests which saves a bit of money. About 1,100 baht (I think- not sure).

• Like 1

5th October

Samui +13 new cases
Phangan, no new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

6th October

Samui +2 new cases
Phangan +1 new case
Koh Tao, no new cases

7th October

Samui +8 new cases
Phangan, +4 new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

There is a new Covid-outbreak in Windfield International School in Lamai.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

5th October

Samui +13 new cases
Phangan, no new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

6th October

Samui +2 new cases
Phangan +1 new case
Koh Tao, no new cases

7th October

Samui +8 new cases
Phangan, +4 new cases
Koh Tao, no new cases

There is a new Covid-outbreak in Windfield International School in Lamai.

International school again...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

The school is closed, so are these cases pupils or their parents catching it from their kids?

So are both ISS and Windfield now closed ?

Tested our little one last night with an antigen test (clear), because she had been in contact with some Windfield students earlier this week.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

So are both ISS and Windfield now closed ?

ISS is closed for half-term and should reopen on the 18th, not sure about Windfield.

On a side note, I heard yesterday that students at Panyadee and Oonrak were being tested

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

ISS is closed for half-term and should reopen on the 18th, not sure about Windfield.

On a side note, I heard yesterday that students at Panyadee and Oonrak were being tested

Panyadee Covid tests? Not to my, and my child's, knowledge, but parents and guardians got letters from the school about both the ISS- and the Winfield-outbreak, and to check the children - and/or grownups - if the have been close to anyone from these schools.

- - -

...If your child shows any symptoms like a headache, sore throat or fever please keep them at home and contact a doctor for medical advice. 

If you or your family have had contact with students, parents or teachers from ISS or Oon Rak we recommend getting a test to ensure the safety of our school community.  All of our staff have done this already and they all came back negative...

- - -

We have been made aware of an outbreak of covid at Windfield International School, if you or your child has had any contact with students, parents or teachers from this school we recommend that you get a covid test before returning to school. 

If you know that you have had contact with any of the families that have had a positive test you should isolate and seek medical advice... 

- - -

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Panyadee Covid tests? Not to my, and my child's, knowledge, but parents and guardians got letters from the school about both the ISS- and the Winfield-outbreak, and to check the children - and/or grownups - if the have been close to anyone from these schools.

I've just had it clarified, the ones that have been tested recently (PCR test) at Panyadee have siblings either at Winfield or Oonrak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1