Hua Hin: 30% of hotel bookings cancelled for Songkran in wake of dozens of Covid-19 cases

webfact

22pm.jpg

Image composite: Thaivisa

They said that Hua Hin was safe for Songkran travel - safe anytime - but after an outbreak of Covid-19 in the resort people are cancelling in droves, reported Thai media.

Rungrot Sileuangsawat - chief of the Prachuap Khirikhan tourism business association - reported that despite all preventative measures being taken 30% of bookings at hotels - principally families - had been cancelled at Songkran already.

Local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn reported that thirty people had tested positive in Hua Hin and more were expected.

He showed the "timelines" of cases 28-30.

Case 28 is a female language teacher aged 40 who had been at the Maya Pub.

Case 29 is a 38 year old "mae baan" (housewife or maid) who had taken her child to Yaem Sa-At School.

She also went to Chill Zone in Soi 88. 

Case 30 was a 32 year old man who is an online salesman who had also been at Maya Pub.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-09

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Rungrot Sileuangsawat - chief of the Prachuap Khirikhan tourism business association - reported that despite all preventative measures being taken 30% of bookings at hotels - principally families - had been cancelled at Songkran already.

Som nam na... 

• Like 2

Hua Hin's clean air is what has me visit the place rather than smoky  North Thailand, most of my visits.

I do like the beach at times as well.  I hope that some of the guest houses and hotel do survive this

pandemic, so I will have a place to stay when I go in the future.  Just waiting for my 2nd shot, and

then will check the situation out in November to see how the vaccines are going in Thailand.

Good luck to all.

Geezer

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Rungrot Sileuangsawat - chief of the Prachuap Khirikhan tourism business association - reported that despite all preventative measures being taken

Seems that the entertainment business needs more education, not just in Hua HIn but nationwide... they think this is all just a fabrication and they can do as they wish.

Cry like babies to open up, yet are the first to screw-up when allowed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1