Quarantine Or Not???

glegolo

With the current rules implemented here in Thailand, may I ask you guys that knows about this kind of stuff if this can be done!!

I shall have 2 friends coming to me in Chaiyaphum. 1 from Phitsanulok and 1 from Chainat (Hangnam Sakhon).... Can they come here, visit me for 2 days and then go back home again without any regulations or quarantine?????

Grateful for your input

glegolo

Police checkpoints are asking where you came from.

If it's not considered a 'red zone' area, your free to continue, otherwise you have to provide a negative (rapid antigen) Covid test before being allowed to proceed. Causing some delays.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

All depends on what your provincial governor has announced and is prepared to enforce, ditto for your 2 friends, they also need to be aware of any restrictions applying to their return home.

8/9 days can have major changes to the current position.

Wait until 16/17th before making any travel decisions, even then they may change during the visit.

We are in that predicament at the moment, i.e. if we go away as planned, our province has advised that we must self quarantine for 14 days when we return.

So for the time being, we are playing it by ear, not that self quarantining will bother us, but if the hotel we are staying at will still have the pool open for the kids, because if the pool is out, so are we, waiting on that email reply, hopefully good news.

15 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

We are in that predicament at the moment, i.e. if we go away as planned, our province has advised that we must self quarantine for 14 days when we return.

So for the time being, we are playing it by ear, not that self quarantining will bother us, but if the hotel we are staying at will still have the pool open for the kids, because if the pool is out, so are we, waiting on that email reply, hopefully good news.

they can close the pool in a minutes notice.    last year we swam two days,  next day the pool was closed.           choose somewhere with a beach and calm waters

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

they can close the pool in a minutes notice.    last year we swam two days,  next day the pool was closed.           choose somewhere with a beach and calm waters

As long as the beaches don't get closed like last year as well, that's sage advice.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, rumak said:

There is one in front of the hotel, but kids love slides and cleaner water.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

so it's all your fault for travelling there

you could say that.    same thing happens when I buy stocks . disaster   

On 4/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, glegolo said:

My friends shall stay here 18-19th of april

glegolo

By then I believe there will be stricter enforcement. But as of yesterday the main issue  is your point of origin. People  leaving  hot zones/ red zones are required to do different  things in different provinces..As of yesterday Chayapum was not one of them..the list of who has to do what and where is on this forum on two threads one of which I started...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

By then I believe there will be stricter enforcement. But as of yesterday the main issue  is your point of origin. People  leaving  hot zones/ red zones are required to do different  things in different provinces..As of yesterday Chayapum was not one of them..the list of who has to do what and where is on this forum on two threads one of which I started...

Thank you so much, if possible I would love to be directed via links to these 2 theads in order for me to educate myself....

thank you,

glegolo

Thank you for opening this thread.

I have a similar problem. The facts:

- at now in Hua Hin

- on Sunday, 18/4, a family member takes us by pick-up to Chachoensao, ~20/25km away of the BBK-Airport

- we have a flight ticket from BKK to CNX (Chiang Mai) for Monday, 19/4 in the morning

- we planed to go on by minibus from Arcade bus station to our home in the Mae Hong Son Province, at the same day.

Now my question (I'm aware that the quarantine conditions may change until next Monday) :

- must we stay in quarantine in CNX or can we just go on to the Mae Hong Son Province? A quarantine in our home/village woudn't be a problem for us.

Edited by puck2

5 hours ago, puck2 said:

Thank you for opening this thread.

I have a similar problem. The facts:

- at now in Hua Hin

- on Sunday, 18/4, a family member takes us by pick-up to Chachoensao, ~20/25km away of the BBK-Airport

- we have a flight ticket from BKK to CNX (Chiang Mai) for Monday, 19/4 in the morning

- we planed to go on by minibus from Arcade bus station to our home in the Mae Hong Son Province, at the same day.

Now my question (I'm aware that the quarantine conditions may change until next Monday) :

- must we stay in quarantine in CNX or can we just go on to the Mae Hong Son Province? A quarantine in our home/village woudn't be a problem for us.

following because I am about to do a similar trip (well, moving.. possibly)

from Phetchaburi, either driving my own pickup all the way to MHS
or
getting someone with a bigger pickup to move my stuff and I fly in to CNX and take a minivan to MHS.

by now I've done this trip many times and the only time I ever got stopped is the one or two army checkpoints between MHS and CM

5 hours ago, puck2 said:

I cannot answer your question definitively, but I do not think the Chiang Mai authorities will be keen about you taking public transport. It would be better if you could fly to Mae Hong Son but, except for rare, specially scheduled. Nok Air flights, the airport is pretty much closed right now (you probably know this).  The authorities might be more inclined to leave you alone if you rent a car or private hire a minibus.

Did you consider flying to Mae Sot and travelling up to Mae Hong Son from there? I think there may be lighter restrictions.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:23 PM, glegolo said:

I shall have 2 friends coming to me in Chaiyaphum. 1 from Phitsanulok and 1 from Chainat (Hangnam Sakhon)

The domestic travel restrictions adopted by many provinces mostly pertain to people coming from Bangkok and several adjoining provinces. AFAIK, Phitsanulok and Chainat aren't on the government's COVID danger list.

• Like 1

Here's what the government put out the other day... But if you have the ability, it's also always best to check with your local pooh yai ban / village head or similar...

Note, they're specifically talking only about travelers originating from BKK and four other adjoining provinces.

1804749363_DomesticTravel1.jpg.41065ed5b336d673bc92c065afe4c56c.jpg

2128602041_DomesticTravel2.jpg.085d8456a60b5942f913035606ba9d0e.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The best advice I can offer the OP has already been suggested. He should check with his local puyai bahn and orbortor as to what is required where he lives. However, his two friends should also check with their own local puyai bahn's and orbortor's based on their individual travel plans. Far better to get it from the horse's mouth than be totally blindsided by incorrect information.

Personally, I would politely decline anyone wishing to travel inter-provincially and come and visit as I would similarly decline an offer to go visit someone in another province. This new strain is highly infectious and the possibility of being caught in a local lockdown isn't too far fetched.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

As others have said, what's true today, might not be tomorrow.  Things are changing very quickly.

Ey1-zwPVoAEn7_Q.jpg

I wish government agencies AND the media would standardize on a color palette for these very important graphics. Here's the 'rainbow' version from the Ministry of Interior. Ostensibly the same detail as the Nation's 'shades of red' graphic with an unnecessary and possibly confusing re-coloring by region.

x538.jpg.683ac375c533aaf6eb5980d9ad73fba6.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:41 PM, rumak said:

It happened to my friend and his family went to the beach had some lunch when he got back to the hotel the pool was closed. 

• Like 1

Todays news is tomorrows history with this lot,

I would be thinking if I was to travel will I have any problems getting back,

I do know some people who couldn't get back to Phuket last year when they locked the island down,

On 4/10/2021 at 8:45 PM, Tanoshi said:

Police checkpoints are asking where you came from.

If it's not considered a 'red zone' area, your free to continue, otherwise you have to provide a negative (rapid antigen) Covid test before being allowed to proceed. Causing some delays.

What police check point? Just came back from Koh Chang, and didn't see a single one? Had there been one it would have resulted in as massive upheaval,  as the masses where migrating back to Bangkok. 

Ah, and we crossed through Sakeo, which is a "red zone"...

Edited by Boomer6969