People Can Register for COVID-19 Vaccinations from May 1

webfact

f8a588f18a1c5b45841b1302c798062c_small.jpg

BY Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Public Health Ministry will start vaccinating the general public against COVID-19 around mid-May, when the first lot of the locally manufactured AstraZeneca vaccine will be ready.

Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit said people can register to get the vaccine via four channels: the “Mor Phrom” (Doctors Ready) Line official account; the mobile Mor Phrom application that will be ready for download on May 1 initially on Android phones; at hospital via telephone, or by contacting public health volunteers nationwide.

He said the government aims to have 50-60% of the population vaccinated as soon as possible to effectively control the outbreak, and will also expand the vaccination units by collaborating with the private sector, which will maximize the number of people getting vaccinated per day from the current rate of 500 per day per hospital.

Those who have been vaccinated will receive both a paper and digital certificate (in the form of a QR code), which they can use to verify their vaccinations. The ministry expects vaccine passports for international travel to be ready in June, once the World Health Organization (WHO) finalizes the all-important criteria.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

The latest Covid outbreak is very worrying.  The Government needs to act quickly and work with the private sector to import and make available high quality vaccines.  Many of us are more than willing to pay for such vaccines and so help establish herd immunity for Thailand.   The Government are so lacking a sense of urgency.  I guess that is because  the "important people" have already been vaccinated.

little bit too late to act on all those people traveling across Thailand. buckle up for the end of the month

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Anyone have the link for the Line Account which it sounds like already exists? "Mor Phrom" in English doesn't work.

We were signed up in person by the head of our local village.  They went door to door asking if you wanted to get the jab.  We said YES!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Anyone have the link for the Line Account which it sounds like already exists? "Mor Phrom" in English doesn't work.

Good luck! I managed to navigate through the Thai language using Google lens etc etc. It eventually told me what I thought was my nearest registration point, a clinic I've been to before. Went there and of course they had no clue. Showed them the app and all the conversation. No have, cannot!

So, I guess wait til May 1st, dl the new app and try again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We were signed up in person by the head of our local village.  They went door to door asking if you wanted to get the jab.  We said YES!!!!

Good for you. Unfortunately our head man, and I use that term loosely,  is more bothered with his durian trees than stupid things like vaccines 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

Good luck! I managed to navigate through the Thai language using Google lens etc etc. It eventually told me what I thought was my nearest registration point, a clinic I've been to before. Went there and of course they had no clue. Showed them the app and all the conversation. No have, cannot!

So, I guess wait til May 1st, dl the new app and try again.

I posted the name of the app in Thai in the post above, but the moderator has removed it. Brilliant! Yes, yes I know this is an English language forum. But Thai script not allowed?

13 hours ago, Adelphi said:

The latest Covid outbreak is very worrying.  The Government needs to act quickly and work with the private sector to import and make available high quality vaccines.  Many of us are more than willing to pay for such vaccines and so help establish herd immunity for Thailand.   The Government are so lacking a sense of urgency.  I guess that is because  the "important people" have already been vaccinated.

Yes, they need to just snap their fingers and make non-existent vaccine supply suddenly appear.

If Thailand had put greater emphasis on importing vaccines instead of soybeans, maybe fewer people would have to wait for their jabs until May and way, way beyond.

As one previous poster claimed, their appointment is in July, three MONTHS from now!

44 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Has that locally manufactured AZ vaccine been tested properly?  Have they published results?

Major questions worldwide about this vaccine a big no go for me.

AZ is most likely not safe for Thai people but probably good enough for farangs.. 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Has that locally manufactured AZ vaccine been tested properly?  Have they published results?

Major questions worldwide about this vaccine a big no go for me.

Major questions? Maybe here in Thailand with the local brew. But I think if you gave 15m people a 500mg dose of paracetamol, chances are 15 of them will have an adverse/unforseen reaction. Weigh up the risk. Catching Covid (the odds depend I guess on lifestyle, location and willingness to do everything in your power NOT to catch it) v a 1 in a million chance of an adverse/unforseen reaction to a vaccine. But each to their own. 2¢. YMMV!