Tough COVID Measures Will Revive Tourism

snoop1130

My Missus showed me something in Thai on her Phone this Morning.

Some kind of report on Infections in and around Pattaya.

Pretty much, there have been Infections found yesterday all over the Pattaya area. from Na Jomtien to Naklua and Siam Country Club to Hua Yai.

They dont appear to be major clusters, but up to 10 people from a single venue, whether a BBQ place or Shop Etc

Kind of tells me that the latest Outbreak is fairly widespread and rampant, and is going to be difficult, if not impossible to shut down using track and trace tactics.

The numbers now infected ( reported ) are far too many for this to be an efficient method of control.

Dream on TAT

• Like 2

Just spent over a year trying to avoid getting Covid. Here's an idea. Let's pay loads of money for flights and quarantine so I can go and catch it in another country. Oh yeah, not forgetting the inevitable quarantine back in the UK. Thailand, you are truly nuts.

44 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Remember, if one somehow does, somehow ,wind up being diagnosed with the magic ,wizard of oz malady,

one has a 0.03% chance of morbidity.

Dr.s around the world are coming forward confirming this.

The CDC  ( Center of Disease Control) in the US has reversed it’s findings, and has numerous pending law suits against it as we speak.

The “ cure “ in the form of an injection, and “test “ are dubious, at best.

One would not allow a stranger , with bad intentions in his house ,

why would you allow an electronic stranger ( max headroom, video stranger) in?.......why do you think they call it “ programming “ ?.

Take a moment, and have a look at this video on a man called Edward Bernays.

pull the plug on your TV, put it back in the box, and leave it there.

❤️????????????

If you catch Covid and are over 80 you have 1 in 9 chance of dying. What relation does that have to your figures? Or maybe over 80's don't count as people to you?

Yeah right, and drilling holes in a rowing boat wil make it float better.........   Hasn't anyone realized yet that basically what's happening is that the government is applying the same policy with C19 as they did with Mr Red Bull........ If we don't do anything and keep waffling on about it, everyone will just get bored and forget about it and carry on.........  Every major problem in Thailand has been dealt with in this same manner........ Just forget about it, it'll go away........   " Kit maak, mei dee naa "...... 

• Like 2

Question. I went thru the whole COE process in January.   Plan to return thailand in may as a vaccinated covid free non-o.  Where is this covid certificate issued i read about as needed now less a fit to fly now not required.  That certificate is issued by the embassy or at the Bkk airport on arrival.   Anyone know?  Thanks

17 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Drama Queen!

But I am impressed that you have the personal knowledge or insight into the fact that Covid is "running rampant" in the villages.  That doesn't appear to be the case in my village (but then what do I know, I only live here) ...... 24 in the whole of Surin at the moment (population 1.5 million... so that is a rampant 0.0016% of the population).

Put your tin foil hat back on....

"Going to be" implies in the future, not at this very moment.  Reading comprehension is such a lost art

And as it's been pointed out, it will take a few days for the cases to increase post-holiday

That being said, it's inappropriate for me to speculate about what will happen in more rural villages. So let's say there's a major outbreak in yours', will people self-quarantine as necessary? Or do you think they'll still go about their business for food and supplies etc?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, internationalism said:

the government has killed domestic and international tourism until the 3rd well passes. 

The most optimistic estimation is July, so 3 months. The previous, much smaller waves, lasted about 2 months.

If infections will develop to tens of thousands per day, this wave might last till autumn.

Nothing left for anybody, but to sit and watch this drama developing.

At this stage nothing can stop this wave. After it culminates it would be possible some guessing work.

Broadly, thai tourism is dead for another several years

In the year 2024

6 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

"Going to be" implies in the future, not at this very moment.  Reading comprehension is such a lost art

And as it's been pointed out, it will take a few days for the cases to increase post-holiday

That being said, it's inappropriate for me to speculate about what will happen in more rural villages. So let's say there's a major outbreak in yours', will people self-quarantine as necessary? Or do you think they'll still go about their business for food and supplies etc?

People in the villages have been mainly self-isolating for the last 50 years.

"Major outbreak".....please!!    ????