Prayut’s military-style, non-communicative speeches do little to reassure public

webfact

22 minutes ago, Benmart said:

This is about the Thai PM, a Thai man, in Thailand. Focus if possible.

Comparisons are needed to understand a person and their Statesmanship and abilities to appease the many instead of force feeding them like Prayut is doing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

His 23-minute televised speech on Friday (April 16) disappointed the public again at a time when the country is tackling its third and fastest-growing wave of infections. The latest outbreak has now spread to all 77 provinces with cases rising daily. On Sunday (April 18), the daily caseload had hit a record 1,767.

But it's all under control, they have enough testing kits, enough hospital beds, enough field hospitals and a vaccination programme on target.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tea just runs through me like water.  I do like a cup or two of Earl Gray, and English Breakfast, to get it just right I have to steep it for almost 5 minutes and then add some cream to it to cut the bitterness that a long steep creates, sort of like the Bitterness that Prayut has been putting in peoples mouths over the past 7 years, or was that bile.

Two cups of Earl Grey in the morning= bliss..

Almost as good as two bottles of Archa in the evening.

• Like 1

'Military style none communicative speeches? Whose Military is that then?  In any professional military I know, the ability to comminute and to include others is an essential skill. Did the PM miss that training? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He is not a people person, and is more inclined to give orders and see people jump immediately at his wishes.  No sense of humor at all, and gets very butthurt when he is questioned.  Did I miss anything, other than he acts very dictatorial and probably would be happy having a pulpit to sit in like the Pope. Looking at plans for the new Government house recently I wondered if he was trying to make a Thai version of the Vatican. Self absorbed in my view., but hey he has those that worship the ground he walks on.  

The fact that his speeches suck is actually not totally his fault.  Yes he is military and the only way he knows to speak to people is in military fashion..  There are a lot of military brats that if their dad was an RSM CSM can tell you it is a military thing.

But the issue is with his speech writers.  They should be making sure that he has the information and the right wording to make the people happy.  That is their job.  

Look at the difference in a TRUMP when he wrote his own and when he had others write them.

Hell doyou really think that Sleepy Joe Biden writes his speeches he has a hard time remembering who is president him or Kamala

Eisenhower would have been the same.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think you're being a little harsh, as none of the elected western leaders seem to be any better at their jobs.

Yes they do much better. Isn't there an election coming up in May and if Prayuth wins, another 6 years right!

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

All these"military" men?

None have ever been in any real combat but strut around with loads of medals.  Old fat <deleted>*ks who just bleed the taxpayers money.

Oh hush now, they have been to battle, it's called being in a Coup.

• Like 2

He got to where he is by becoming a favourite in the Queen's Guards regiment and skillfully playing the promotion politics. From there you could say he has promoted himself to his own level of incompetence.  He has no management or leadership skills but knows how to surround himself with the right people and give them whatever they want to keep his grip on power.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

His communication skills, he never has had any communication skills.

He cannot communicate with the public, does not know how.

He was never elected by the public, got the job at the point of a gun, them massaged things to get his cronies to allow him to keep the job, that he is totally useless at.

Now tell us what you really think....????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

His communication skills, he never has had any communication skills.

He cannot communicate with the public, does not know how.

He was never elected by the public, got the job at the point of a gun, them massaged things to get his cronies to allow him to keep the job, that he is totally useless at.

Now tell us what you really think....????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

He is not a people person, and is more inclined to give orders and see people jump immediately at his wishes.  No sense of humor at all, and gets very butthurt when he is questioned.  Did I miss anything, other than he acts very dictatorial and probably would be happy having a pulpit to sit in like the Pope. Looking at plans for the new Government house recently I wondered if he was trying to make a Thai version of the Vatican. Self absorbed in my view., but hey he has those that worship the ground he walks on.  

Your last sentence, there is the odd deluded poster here who thinks that also.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think you're being a little harsh, as none of the elected western leaders seem to be any better at their jobs.

I think the unelected "PM" is better than the average western leader when it comes to telling downright lies.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I can only assume you weren't here during Thaksin's first tenure as he was light years ahead of this mob and that was twenty years ago!

Anybody with any decent education would be light years ahead of this mob.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Yes they do much better. Isn't there an election coming up in May and if Prayuth wins, another 6 years right!

An election coming up next month?????? What have I missed??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh hush now, they have been to battle, it's called being in a Coup.

"Oh hush now, they have been to battle",  Yes, with Yingluck sitting at her desk like Custer at the Little Big Horn.

Edited by possum1931

18 hours ago, lavender19 said:

This is one his classic's just after the KhoTao Tao  murders

“Tourists think that Thailand is beautiful, safe and that they can do anything they want here. That they can put on their bikinis and go anywhere they want. I ask, can you get away with wearing bikinis in Thailand? Unless you are not beautiful?” Prayuth said in a televised speech on Wednesday

Well, to be fair, there should be guidelines.