Which Vaccine Would You Choose?

Which Vaccine Would You Choose?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I got Pfizer.  My wife got Moderna. She had fever, tiredness, chills and a headache, especially after the second dose. I had a slightly tender/sore spot on my arm for a half day after the second shot. 

Same here except I received the Moderna, after second shot had chills, etc.. Only lasted 6 hrs..... Wife a little sore in arm but that was it...

• Like 1

My preference would be for either of the mRNA vaccines followed by either of the AdV vaccines.  Probably JnJ over AZ since it is single dose.  Sputnik has some good data but I don't trust it as I just can't see Putin doing anything that doesn't cause problems for other countries.

Pass on the Chinese vaccine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

If your're happy - play in your cave. Please don't come out and bother the rest of us.

Very sorry, I had no idea I was entering a safe space full of snowflakes.

If the government scientists say the vaccines are good, they obviously are, never mind that the non-government scientists don't necessarily agree...after all if the latter were competent, they would work for the government, wouldn't they?

Please enjoy your shots as I will now leave this safe space...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, moogradod said:

You don't really mean that, do you ?

Messing with your life for a price difference of 36$ ?

Thats the cheapest charlie statement if I ever saw one. I would happily pay manyfold each for all 3 of us if we only could get Moderna (1st. prio) or Pfizer (2.nd prio).

Yes, and the hospitals know this, that's why they are ripping you off. using a world wide pandemic to get rich. There are going to be a awful lot of multi millionaire hospital officials or whoever after this pandemic is over.

The exact same mentality as the unelected "PM" who bullied his way into power in 2014. An awful lot of off shore accounts will soon be bulging.

I hope Karma get's the lot of them.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:11 PM, Damrongsak said:

I got Pfizer.  My wife got Moderna. She had fever, tiredness, chills and a headache, especially after the second dose. I had a slightly tender/sore spot on my arm for a half day after the second shot. 

My cousin got Pfizer and has pretty much the same as your wife

On 4/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, rodknock said:

which vaccine will not cause death and stop covid-19???

All of them.  They are all 100% effective at preventing death and keeping you out of the ICU with a tube jammed down your throat.  These jabs are our only way out of this mess.  I'll take anyone I can, considering we'll need new ones in a year or so anyway.

Two videos definitely worth watching!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 4:15 AM, Elkski said:

But I still worry a 30% of getting the virus

Rest assured your risk is a lot less than 30%.

Efficacy is a comparison of rate of developing symptoms in vaccinated vs. placebo groups in the trials.

If you think about it no one would continue a trial of thousands of people if 30% of the vaccinated subjects were getting symptomatic disease.

25 minutes ago, meechai said:

Well......Quickly giving out 190 million approved for emergency use vaccines (aka:not FDA Approved)

Is not an indication of "good Result" unless by good result you mean they did not drop dead on the spot

No Good Result is "long term" positive results without any long term problems or injury to your immune system due to this new vaccine

Of course we all hope for the best but.....as I originally said the blind faith is quite amazing  IMO that the two mRNA vac's are touted as the best

Truth is we have a wealth of no idea ????

They were approved by the FDA or they wouldn't be in use now.  Don't post misinformation.  It's an emergency use authorization. 

mRNA vaccines are not new.  They've been around for some time.  The other jabs are more traditional and are typical of jabs we've been seeing for decades.

In the end, they are less risky than letting the virus rage out of control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_vaccine

The use of RNA vaccines goes back to the 1990s. The in vitro demonstration of mRNA in animals was first reported in 1990,[16] and the use of mRNA for immunization was proposed shortly thereafter.[17][18] In 1993, Martinon demonstrated that liposome-encapsulated RNA could stimulate T-cells in vivo, and in 1994, Zhou & Berglund published the first evidence that RNA could be used as a vaccine to elicit both humoral and cellular immune response against a pathogen.[3][19][20]

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, meechai said:

Remember in 2003 when mRNA vaccines were used on Monkeys for SARS? I think results showed up 3 years later So yeah....just surprising so many have such blind faith in something with such a short/non-existent track record

No, I don't remember.   Nor can I find it anywhere.

You're probably talking about FAKE news from a youtube video. It falsely claims that animal study problems applied to mRNA vaccines that didn't even exist.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-mice-idUSKBN2A22UW

Edited by rabas
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

This should have been conducted nearer the time when foreigners were due for be vaccinated,, i.e. in a few years.

I know foreigners who've already been jabbed.  A few scheduled for the next few weeks.  And I'm on the list for July.

In the US you don't get a choice, but if you hunt around you can determine which site is providing what jab.

Just in the private sector drug store chains capacity is massive, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart have around 23,400 stores. Now add hospitals clinics and government sites. I got the Pfizer first dose some  Don't know if the tiredness was from the shot or the normal jet lag!

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

In the US you don't get a choice, but if you hunt around you can determine which site is providing what jab.

Just in the private sector drug store chains capacity is massive, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart have around 23,400 stores. Now add hospitals clinics and government sites. I got the Pfizer first dose some  Don't know if the tiredness was from the shot or the normal jet lag!

My brother is doing jabs in Arizona.  You can pick what jab you want.  They've got all 3, now that J&J is back in action.

But I would guess not every facility has every jab.  He works at a hospital.  So I guess they've got access to all of them.

3 minutes ago, meechai said:

What I said was "FDA Approved" is not the same as FDA "Emergency Use Authorization"

It is not misinformation it is the facts from FDA

"The EUA process is different than an FDA approval or clearance.

Under an EUA, in an emergency, the FDA makes a product available to the public based on the best available evidence,

without waiting for all the evidence that would be needed for FDA approval or clearance."

Bolded & underlined so you can note the difference

The FDA approved the vaccines under EUA. Happy?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

The FDA approved the vaccines under EUA. Happy?

I never was unhappy grow up

I was only mentioned it as part of explaining why I thought those who claim the success of the mRNA was permature

Even the FDA says evidence not in yet...Happy?

Just now, meechai said:

Again let me make clear....I have never been antivax I only originally mentioned I did not see

the faith placed on the 2 mRNA versions as long term proofed....Of course we hope for the best but for now I would rather trust the virus vector, vaccines or better yet the protein adjuvant Novavax

I prefer to trust my immune system backed by what it learned from my first COVID infection in early 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, meechai said:

I never was unhappy grow up

I was only mentioned it as part of explaining why I thought those who claim the success of the mRNA was permature

Even the FDA says evidence not in yet...Happy?

These jabs all passed the 3 stages of clinical trials. Not bad.

Just now, meechai said:

Perhaps someday when we need to international travel again it may be required so we are interested in the facts

I don't see many facts at the moment, but a lot of unfounded speculation.

I think the facts will emerge after a few years experimentation on early adopters.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

I don't see many facts at the moment.

But a lot of unfounded speculation..

555 well yes this is basically what I have said from the beginning.

Sorry for my misspoke I should have said info...we are interested in the info available &

await long term facts/results etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meechai said:

See this too is in fact speculation as many who died of Covid were coffin dodgers to begin with & had multiple issues

Covid was just the last straw....something always will be the last straw

There is no proof a jab would have saved them from anything

Is it possible? Maybe yes...Maybe no

But folks really have lost their logical reasoning over this

I  try to follow the experts. Makes things easier. In their opinions, the vast majority who died of covid would NOT have if they had been vaccinated. I'll stick to what they say.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, meechai said:

It is a bit odd that folks (not just you) say this yet Pfizer & Moderna really have no real track record to show

Not even FDA approved  (only approved for emergency use) I mean really obviously? Obviously how?

Remember in 2003 when mRNA vaccines were used on Monkeys for SARS? I think results showed up 3 years later

So yeah....just surprising so many have such blind faith in something with such a short/non-existent track record

Please provide a reference to your claim that mRNA vaccines were used on monkeys in 2003 and caused problems years later.  This is fake anti-vax information, as I showed you above.

Then you play word games insinuating mRNA vaccines are 'not approved' as if that is somehow different from other vaccines. One of the major reasons for developing mRNA vaccines is their increased safety. 

• Like 1