New Bank rules 01/04/21 ?? insurance ?

53 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Not true as I was in a minor bike accident last year, I went to the hospital and was told that this insurance company will not pay upfront and I have to pay and will be reimbursed later on.

Were you reimbursed by the accident insurance?

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Very true the banks would only insure Thai nationals I tried and was told the same by two different banks where I have an account and ended up using Roojai they seem to be the only company that will insure foreigners for Covid.

Many companies will insure foreigners in Thailand for Covid, as many of us who were locked out for many months know and were forced to purchase. 

My SCB ATM debit card has accident insurance for which I am charged 500 Baht each year. Last year I fell through the roof and woke up in intensive care at the Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital. The service personnel took away my ATM card which paid for about 75% of the bill.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 5:38 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Nothing new, been like that for awhile. Either keep searching until you find a friendly branch that is looking for new customers without having to purchase insurance or there are agents that will take you to one and handle everything for a fee.

About old customers ? Do they require insurance too at Bangkok Bank ?

If your saving account can only show a credit, why needing an insurance ?

On 4/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, daejung said:

About old customers ? Do they require insurance too at Bangkok Bank ?

If your saving account can only show a credit, why needing an insurance ?

Nobody requires insurance, it's just an attempt by the employee to earn some commission by selling you an insurance.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 11:13 AM, gunderhill said:

Tell em the doctors at Bumungrad  told  you  you  only  have 3  months left to  live

Sadly this is true of my friend who only has a few years left, through MND. this is what Steven Hawking had, but my mate is not a rich scientist.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, brianthainess said:

I took a friend of mine to a BKK bank sub branch, to open an account and was told he must buy accident insurance for 5900 baht

Went with a friend to a Bangkok Bank branch in Pattaya and he was told the same thing.  But it seemed part of the deal was they would handle his retirement visa. They were all smiles. I said he would like to open an account without insurance. They said not possible. We got up and left.

Went to 5 or 6 branches with 3 different banks and some would not let him open an account even if he bought insurance.

At Krungsri at Central Festival in Pattaya he was able to open his account with no insurance.

• Like 1