COVID insurance coverage upon return to Thailand- how long needed?

Assuming requirements remain the same as now, am I correct in thinking that if I return to Thailand in July 2021, with OA-based extension and reentry permit valid through the end of March 2022, I will need minimum US$100,000 COVID coverage through the entire period my extension is valid (through end of March 2022)? 

And if this is true, will TI require I continue that COVID insurance (together with the other 400K/40K baht health cover) when I apply again for extension next year?

29 minutes ago, JTXR said:

And if this is true, will TI require I continue that COVID insurance

It will not bee needed when you apply for your next extension. It is only required for entry to the country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It will not bee needed when you apply for your next extension. It is only required for entry to the country.

I understand that part. But if I enter in the middle of July, is 30 days cover enough, or does the cover have to be in place until the next extension (in my case October 2021)?

2 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

I understand that part. But if I enter in the middle of July, is 30 days cover enough, or does the cover have to be in place until the next extension (in my case October 2021)?

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance has to be valid for the length of stay you will get on entry to the country. In your case that would be until October when your current extension ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

Good morning Joe. Just a quickie for you please. My last annual extn of stay (Non-O, retirement) expired March 2021. I'll try n return on a 60 day TR visa and change to Non-O in CW. I've taken both my vaccine shots, but I'm in India presently, with no direct flights to Thailand. I could fly to Dubai and stay there 14 days then come to Bkk (or Phuket, I believe, for 7 day ASQ, before I can return to my condo in Bkk). Any flaws in this plan? Covid insurance would be required only for 60 day TR visa duration?

7 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

Good morning Joe. Just a quickie for you please. My last annual extn of stay (Non-O, retirement) expired March 2021. I'll try n return on a 60 day TR visa and change to Non-O in CW. I've taken both my vaccine shots, but I'm in India presently, with no direct flights to Thailand. I could fly to Dubai and stay there 14 days then come to Bkk (or Phuket, I believe, for 7 day ASQ, before I can return to my condo in Bkk). Any flaws in this plan? Covid insurance would be required only for 60 day TR visa duration?

You can fly into Bangkok and do the the 7 day quarantine there.

Not sure but there may be flights from India to Bangkok.

If you fly to Dubai you may be able to transit there without staying there for 14 days. Click the UAE on this map for info.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

You would need covid 19 insurance valid for 60 days.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can fly into Bangkok and do the the 7 day quarantine there.

Not sure but there may be flights from India to Bangkok.

If you fly to Dubai you may be able to transit there without staying there for 14 days. Click the UAE on this map for info.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

You would need covid 19 insurance valid for 60 days.

Many thanks for quick answer, Joe! Much appreciate.

Any pointers to an inexpensive Covid insurance provider, acceptable to Thai authorities?

38 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

Many thanks for quick answer, Joe! Much appreciate.

Any pointers to an inexpensive Covid insurance provider, acceptable to Thai authorities?

You can refer to the price table on this page

https://asq.in.th/thailand-entry-requirements

At the moment we only recommend this insurance if you are trying to meet the bare minimum to enter the country.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

From Royal Thai Embassy Delhi. Check Chennai if OP is interested:

Announcement: Cancellation and Suspension of COE Issuance for Non-Thai Nationals from 1 May 2021

Due to the COVID-19 situation in Thailand, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has put restrictions for non-Thai nationals who wish to enter Thailand on the aforementioned flights as follows:

1. All COEs that have been issued to non-Thai nationals to enter into Thailand from India with the arrival date from 1 May 2021 will be cancelled.

2. The issuance of COEs for non-Thai nationals who will be arriving in Thailand from India from 1 May 2021 onwards will be suspended until further notice.

Therefore, the Embassy will not accommodate non-Thai nationals on the flights on 1, 15 and 22 May 2021.

11 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Announcement: Cancellation and Suspension of COE Issuance for Non-Thai Nationals from 1 May 2021

I saw that in news late yesterday but it did not mention a start date. I appeared to be immediately.