SURVEY: Will infections stabilize in 2-3 weeks?

Scott

SURVEY: Will infections stabilize in 2-3 weeks?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Minister of Public Health has pointed out daily COVID-19 infection rates have begun to stagnate and the situation should begin to normalize in 2-3 weeks while calling on hospitals to bolster protection by dispensing Creat and assuring patients that two million Favipiravir pills are available with more to be ordered.

Which option do you believe is most accurate.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1214732-health-minister-sees-covid-19-situation-normalizing-in-2-3-weeks/

• Like 1

I’ve noticed over the last 15 months, the government COVID committee mostly meets on Fridays and make announcements that evening.

That in itself, is probably not frequent enough, especially with a larger and more concerning outbreak.

Anyhow, we shall see how things develop between now and next Friday, this will determine any further escalations that may be required (Bangkok perspective)

- Curfew - don’t think will happen, soft curfew already in place by shutting all shops by 9 or 10pm through to 5am.

- Extended work from home beyond 30th April to say, mid-May - very likely, even if case numbers soften. 

- Extended restrictions similar to March/April 2020 e.g full closure of shopping malls, salons, fitness centers, swimming pools, etc etc. Likely if situation does not improve in next week.

- HINT : If you are a drinker, might just be worth stocking up on provisions, don’t forget alcohol was very difficult to get hold of during April last year when sales were banned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I’ve noticed over the last 15 months, the government COVID committee mostly meets on Fridays and make announcements that evening.

That in itself, is probably not frequent enough, especially with a larger and more concerning outbreak.

Anyhow, we shall see how things develop between now and next Friday, this will determine any further escalations that may be required (Bangkok perspective)

- Curfew - don’t think will happen, soft curfew already in place by shutting all shops by 9 or 10pm through to 5am.

- Extended work from home beyond 30th April to say, mid-May - very likely, even if case numbers soften. 

- Extended restrictions similar to March/April 2020 e.g full closure of shopping malls, salons, fitness centers, swimming pools, etc etc. Likely if situation does not improve in next week.

- HINT : If you are a drinker, might just be worth stocking up on provisions, don’t forget alcohol was very difficult to get hold of during April last year when sales were banned. 

There's a daily briefing in English.  You can find them here, along with a lot of other great information:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

came here 6 wks ago did 2 wks quarantine got a 15 month visa while here seriously thinking of getting out back to where, my crountry has vacs, control and reopening.

no way will thailand be back this year.

came to this topic was thinking of going to koh chang but reliable farang food supply is boggy even in pattaya ordered a pork chop in a busy earery on soi bowkao couldnt eat it payed and left.

now only eating tarang food in the beefeater

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Thanks, I have seen those, I was referring to pronouncements/regulations  from the government which typically appear to be issued only on Fridays. 

I guess they hold the bad news until the weekend?  LOL

This will go on & on & on till the government gets at least 60% or 70% of the population vaccinated. No way that will be done before 2022. The whole world is scrabbling for vaccines and Thailand is way way back at the end of the pack.

Meanwhile, this morning part of my family arrived from the family farm 40km away, to cut the grass round our house. 3 adults, 1 teenager, 2 small children. Not a mask in sight.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I guess they hold the bad news until the weekend?  LOL

????

Actually I have just seen the BMA announced a lot of additional business closures last night for (at least..) 2 weeks, starting on Monday.

They include cinemas, amusement parks, zoos, skateparks, snooker clubs, bowling alleys, internet cafes, public swimming pools, fitness centers, convention centers, museums, public libraries, nursing homes, boxing gyms, tattoo shops, race tracks, amulet markets, beauty clinics, spas, sports venues, and public parks.

47 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

This will go on & on & on till the government gets at least 60% or 70% of the population vaccinated. No way that will be done before 2022. The whole world is scrabbling for vaccines and Thailand is way way back at the end of the pack.

Meanwhile, this morning part of my family arrived from the family farm 40km away, to cut the grass round our house. 3 adults, 1 teenager, 2 small children. Not a mask in sight.

I think it will continue until everyone susceptible has had it, same as with colds and flu.

Vaccinations just won't work, and are more likely to cause further harm.

Same with every country, viral disease can't be stopped (in my lifetime anyway).

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You came here to eat farang food??

Yeah.  Boggles my mind when friends want to eat at Western food places all the time.  I don't get it.  Thai food is fantastic, and in general, more healthy if you avoid the fried junk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomyami said:

came here 6 wks ago did 2 wks quarantine got a 15 month visa while here seriously thinking of getting out back to where, my crountry has vacs, control and reopening.

no way will thailand be back this year.

came to this topic was thinking of going to koh chang but reliable farang food supply is boggy even in pattaya ordered a pork chop in a busy earery on soi bowkao couldnt eat it payed and left.

now only eating tarang food in the beefeater

Get yourself an air fryer, they have lovely pork steaks in Tesco Lotus (2 for 68bht), 20 mins in the air fryer and it's done.

I also get frozen French fries from Makro, 2Kg for 99bht, another 20 mins in the air fryer and perfect.

• Like 1

Just now, Brierley said:

Mumps, measles, chickenpox, flu, shingles etc etc, they're all viruses, covid19 will join the list at some point , ultimately there will be vaccinations available that are highly effective.

Had them all once (except shingles) no vaccinations, didn't do me any harm at all.

Flu never really bothered me, maybe 2 or 3x in my life.

Had COVID once, didn't do me any harm either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think it will continue until everyone susceptible has had it, same as with colds and flu.

Vaccinations just won't work, and are more likely to cause further harm.

Same with every country, viral disease can't be stopped (in my lifetime anyway).

Just my opinion.

"I think it will continue until everyone susceptible has had it, same as with colds and flu.

Vaccinations just won't work, and are more likely to cause further harm."

Oh great, another anti-vaxxer. You have anything to back up your amazing claim that vaccinations won't work?

Thought not.

"Same with every country, viral disease can't be stopped (in my lifetime anyway)."

You mean like the viral decease Polio?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_eradication

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"I think it will continue until everyone susceptible has had it, same as with colds and flu.

Oh great, another anti-vaxxer. You have anything to back up your amazing claim that vaccinations won't work?

Thought not.

"Same with every country, viral disease can't be stopped (in my lifetime anyway)."

He admitted it was his opinion. Obviously. Not a very good one.

From what I've read, it's almost impossible to reach herd immunity with this virus. Especially with all the mutations.

12 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Thought not.

Another nonsense post from that particular person, not Phoenix Rising, (that is why I have him on ignore) and to add to your polio link (a disease that was around in my childhood days) may I add this re Smallpox......

Smallpox is a highly contagious and deadly disease caused by the variola virus. It was estimated to have infected 300 million people in the 20th Century before it became the only human infectious disease ever to be completely eradicated

Edited by xylophone

10 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

He admitted it was his opinion. Obviously. Not a very good one.

From what I've read, it's almost impossible to reach herd immunity with this virus. Especially with all the mutations.

Edited because quoted post was edited.

Edited by Phoenix Rising