Thailand reports 2,839 new coronavirus cases, 8 new deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In another fallout to Thailand's current COVID surge, government officials on Saturday put out an urgent plea for blood donations, saying the country is suffering a severe shortage because the pandemic has led to a drastic dropoff in donations.

A government spokeswoman said blood donations in Thailand have dropped to about only 2,000 units per day, versus a typical demand of 6,500 to 7,000 units per day, needed for patients with a variety of other conditions who will require blood transfusions.

The government spokeswoman pleaded with members of the public who are healthy enough to make blood donations via the Thai Red Cross. "It's becoming of great concern for the treatment of other patients," she said.

One wonders if there is anything the government should have thought of but didn't until it became a crisis.

Thailand - Hub of crises.

34 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I runs deeper than that. Who the hell wants to be locked in a field prison, sorry hospital, sleeping on a cardboard box with no aircon or fan for two weeks and be charged 100,000k for the privilege? 

Absolutely, I'd add that with the exponentially increasing workload there won't be any medical services available in these prison camps, whose sole purpose will be isolation.

No thanks I'll monitor my temp and pulse Ox at home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In another fallout to Thailand's current COVID surge, government officials on Saturday put out an urgent plea for blood donations, saying the country is suffering a severe shortage because the pandemic has led to a drastic dropoff in donations.

A government spokeswoman said blood donations in Thailand have dropped to about only 2,000 units per day, versus a typical demand of 6,500 to 7,000 units per day, needed for patients with a variety of other conditions who will require blood transfusions.

The government spokeswoman pleaded with members of the public who are healthy enough to make blood donations via the Thai Red Cross. "It's becoming of great concern for the treatment of other patients," she said.

The sensible answer to that is to restrict road traffic and close all building activities. Not to beg.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, pagallim said:

I said to my wife yesterday, that the full ramifications of allowing national travel during Songkran would take up to two weeks to manifest itself.   I believe it plausible that daily cases will rise to 5000/day by the end of this week with stricter measures/lockdowns being introduced.

it could take more than 2 weeks, as there will be secondary and tertiary spread etc.

• Like 2

Per NBT World:

04-24-21l.jpg.44d987380deb83189432f12d1f061f8f.jpg

"The Nonthaburi provincial administration is asking cooperation from residents not to leave their home from 9PM to 4AM, without a good reason.

In addition people are also asked to not eat together in groups.

The Nonthaburi provincial administration also ordered temporary closure of establishments and maintain the temporary closure of many such as bars, massage parlors, fitness, spas, bathing facilities, sports and karaoke."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157970622542050

Note: Although the Nonthaburi province is not at the very top of the list of COVID cases among Thai provinces, it has had substantial numbers, and also happens to be home to the Thai Ministry of Public Health. A government spokeswoman on Saturday expressed concern with the country's record breaking numbers of COVID cases, saying too many members of the public were continuing to engage in high-risk activities.

In Saturday's update, Nonthaburi ranked fourth among all Thai provinces with 96 new cases and a total of 1,036 for the month of April, which also ranked it fourth for cumulative cases.

• Like 1

Today's televised English language COVID briefing by a Thai government spokeswoman:

Screenshot_16.jpg.f864bd9a41c03e6db728cbd2df2f073e.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/809720773228305/

And the set of 30+ pages of slides presented by the Thai Ministry of Public Health at its earlier Thai language daily COVID briefing:

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/311962170422114

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah yes the Quote which should be on his Marker after he has died and been cremated.  A quote to haunt him for eternity to show how misguided he was and continues to be.

It reads like a statement of fact to me...one most Buddhist ☸ would agree with; you do know that something like 85+ percent of Thai are Buddhists?

I wish they also publish the number of tests done, that would reflect how serious the situation is. Phillipines and India are logging 5 or 6 digits of new cases daily so 4 digits are still not so bad compared to others. 

There are like 7,700,000,000 people in the world

99% do not care what happens to 99% of the other people

Selfies can tell you that.

Nothing surprises me anymore.....

"hey, let's party!!!!!  and then do whatever we want!!!"

you really think this can be stopped?  no.  

covid will stay until the vaccine has been given, and not before

• Confused 1

With today's latest COVID case numbers, the closing times of various retail stores are getting moved earlier for the second time starting tomorrow in so-called COVID red zone provinces including Bangkok:

"The Thai Retailers Association & Thai Shopping Centre Association have announced new opening hours between April 25-May 2 in 18 provinces in the red zone, including Bangkok:

Malls = 11:00-20:00

Supermarkets = Close at 21:00

Convenience stores = 05:00-22:00"

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEnquirer/posts/305921434228730

The prior closing times in red zone areas had been:

Screenshot_17.jpg.f285d51bb9fced1117a490c0b8dc7a39.jpg

Screenshot_20.jpg.e7e82c60c0b719db876bb46083bc28d5.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's plenty of hope for the Thai people, all they need is effective leadership, not morons who tell them we're not locking down over Songkran as its important to keep it traditional with your family and loved ones, ie travel away till your hearts content. 

It was such a stupid decision, it almost seems as if it was intentional.

How much more time do they need to realize that a full hard lock down needs to be ordered right now! 

• Like 1