Thailand reports 2,839 new coronavirus cases, 8 new deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is the second death of a person with covid reported after waiting at home because of no test availability & hospital beds.

"Concerning case of Covid death in Thailand. A young man who posted 6 days ago that he had self-quarantined for 5 days; could not get a Covid test and nor get connected to Covid hotline. 3 days ago he was still live on social media: 2 days ago in ICU. He died last night. RIP"

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1385830698733346817

I wouldn't draw any conclusions about someone's death from anecdotal reports on social media.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Yesterday, 3,700 people were killed in traffic accidents around the world.

COVID-19 killed 14,218, yesterday.

Irrelevant as this is a THAI forum and posts  now are frequently removed when stating anything outside of  Thailand so its about 65 deaths a  day roadkill compared to covids 5-6-7-8?

6 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wouldn't draw any conclusions about someone's death from anecdotal reports on social media.

Why?

Help for Thai ex-Esport player’s COVID-19 infection arrives too late

"A former Esport player who, via Facebook livestream, told of his sufferings from suspected COVID-19 infection, during his five-day self–isolation at home, before he was finally taken to a hospital, died on Friday night.

The victim, Mr. Kunlasup Wattnaphon, said, during the undated livestream, that he was already in bad shape, unable to drive a car and reluctant to take a taxi, for fear of infecting other people.

Due to his severe lung infection, he said he was given oxygen, but his condition did not improve. Additionally, because he was obese, he was sent to an intensive care unit, where he was not allowed to keep his smart phone....The roommate, who was not identified, later said that Kunlasup passed away at 22.22 hours on Friday night after doctors tried, unsuccessfully, to resuscitate him."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/help-for-thai-ex-esport-players-covid-19-infection-arrives-too-late/

Why isn't any health authority or organization pushing the narrative to:

Eat healthy, quit smoking, and exercising at home?

Because, truth be told, this "Health"  industry is making way too much money from people being lazy and sick.

We live in an era that people take ibuprofen,

Instead of re-hydrating with water.

When people pop SSRI pills for depression

Instead of actually working out.

Where kids are being fed with Ritalin,

Instead of re-examining their Diet and Education systems.

Shooting the messenger on all fronts but never once looking within.

Thailand never had obesity prior to us westerners coming here.

Look at Surat Thani school now, half of the 14 year old kids are obese

Edited by noone223
  • Like 1

The government released the following details on the eight additional COVID deaths reported today:

--a 48-year-old Samut Prakan man who had the preexisting condition of obesity.

--an 83-year-old Bangkok woman with diabetes and high blood pressure.

--an 89-year-old Bangkok man who was bedbound with cancer.

--a 63-year-old Bangkok man with high blood pressure and gout.

--a 68-year-old man from Chachoengsao province with high blood pressure and a heart condition.

--an 82-year-old Samut Prakan woman with cervical cancer.

--a 75-year-old man from Nakhon Sawan province with high blood pressure and other preexisting conditions.

--a 62-year-old man from Nonthaburi province with chronic kidney disease.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beechboy said:

Multiply that figure by x 10 at the very least.

From anecdotal reports that have come to me it is out of contriol in certain areas.

ICU beds unavailable in Surin town apparently.

Can anybody confirm or otherwise?

Prayut needs stringing up!! Now.

I hear anecdotal reports are the best data for making policy during a pandemic.

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Not just believable, but true.

The two separate outbreaks from December and April 1 were caused by two completely different virus strains with different genomes. Almost all current cases are from the UK B.1.1.7 variant that came in from Cambodia.  It's a much more infectious strain, as you can see.

And you believe everything this administration tells us?

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government released the following details on the eight additional COVID deaths reported today:

--a 48-year-old Samut Prakan man who had the preexisting condition of obesity.

--an 83-year-old Bangkok woman with diabetes and high blood pressure.

--an 89-year-old Bangkok man who was bedbound with cancer.

--a 63-year-old Bangkok man with high blood pressure and gout.

--a 68-year-old man from Chachoengsao province with high blood pressure and a heart condition.

--an 82-year-old Samut Prakan woman with cervical cancer.

--a 75-year-old man from Nakhon Sawan province with high blood pressure and other preexisting conditions.

--a 62-year-old man from Nonthaburi province with chronic kidney disease.

Sounds a bit like the US...everybody dies of "Covid" if they have the virus no matter how old or what their underlying pre-existing serious medical conditions might be. 

23 minutes ago, rabas said:

The two separate outbreaks from December and April 1 were caused by two completely different virus strains with different genomes. Almost all current cases are from the UK B.1.1.7 variant that came in from Cambodia.  It's a much more infectious strain, as you can see.

Death occurring fairly quickly for those reported it seems. Within days to just a week or so. No lingering on ventilators.

• Like 2

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

Sounds a bit like the US...everybody dies of "Covid" if they have the virus no matter how old or what their underlying pre-existing serious medical conditions might be. 

Sounding like a denier with those words, but I know your not. Was covid the impetus that caused the death by exasserbating the medical issues.  Whose to know as we are not coroner's or pathologists.  Well there may be someone here that is or was. Be safe Spotter.

28 minutes ago, rabas said:

Thank you. You saved me the time of having to respond, hah

Province by province breakdown for new domestic COVID cases reported Saturday, and then Friday's new cases report for comparison purposes. The numbers below exclude small numbers of imported cases of travelers who tested positive while in government quarantine. (The new chart for Saturday is now ranked by numbers of new cases just reported for the most recent day).

Screenshot_32.jpg.08d7ad66d5f8d4846fddf535a6b4d7fd.jpg

04-23-21p.jpg.3f296b5f8d18c76170283f5968965b18.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157970745847050

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I hear anecdotal reports are the best data for making policy during a pandemic.

Who is supposed to be 'making policy?'

What a stupid remark. It was a comment no more. 

• Thanks 1

Rabus had said:

The two separate outbreaks from December and April 1 were caused by two completely different virus strains with different genomes. Almost all current cases are from the UK B.1.1.7 variant that came in from Cambodia. 

17 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

And you believe everything this administration tells us?

I don't 'believe'.   I checked the genomes on the international GISAID corona database. I have all the genomes on my computer. 

I can also confirm that the Thai version exactly matches the UK strain found in Cambodia.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wasabi said:

I'm interested in leaving the country and returning to the USA, but it's too risky to get tested during this surge if you don't have any Covid symptoms and don't need care. I am asymptomatic and probably don't have it, but there is still a risk I'd test positive. Rather than boarding my flight I'll be sent to some type of hospital or quarantine. It might not be the vast ruinous field hospital beds but even being locked in a hotel for a few weeks does not seem worth the risk. I'm going to wait til this dies down which might take a few months and then get tested and leave. Thailand is not a bad place to be stuck but enough is enough and I'd rather wait this out in America where I could get vaccinated and have at least a semi competent government controlling the pandemic now.

Yeah, even you have had it and feeling well. In test shows you are positive! Many month get positive test result. You not spread it anymore but because they havent get positive result before they put you in quarantine!

3 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Agreed. I stated similar earlier and not wishing to take anything away from Covid deaths, as sad as it is, roadkill numbers seem to be taken nowadays as a fact of life.  A rough average of 16,000 deaths on the roads in Thailand per year, every year.....

Yep. We all knowroad safety is a big issue here but you "there are more deaths on the road or more deaths from flu" guys are particularly boring. It's an arguement that has been shot down many times. Wonder how the death toll on roads compared to covid deaths or flu deaths are going in India?

From the government public relations department:

"The Ministry of Public Health has emphasized that the COVID-19 infection is still being found in workplaces and business establishments. It is important to refrain from gathering for activities and eating together to reduce the spread of the infections."

Screenshot_33.png.9f2808bda35ae64f190d65cf2e777e5a.png

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4197943666895682

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sounding like a denier with those words, but I know your not. Was covid the impetus that caused the death by exasserbating the medical issues.  Whose to know as we are not coroner's or pathologists.  Well there may be someone here that is or was. Be safe Spotter.

This has been a conundrum throughout the pandemic...how to distinguish and thus count Covid deaths in people with pre-existing serious medical conditions or just plain advanced age. One can make the argument that but for contracting the coronavirus the 99 year old lady in the nursing would have lived another 2 weeks...or the morbidly obese 45 year old with hypertension, diabetes, and liver failure would have lived 6 more months if he hadn't caught the virus but who really knows. In any case, what we do know is that elderly people in general, the sick elderly, and the medically vulnerable at any age are at significantly increased risk if they contract the virus. For others, the risk of serious health consequences from virus exposure are is minimal. I think the details provided above concerning yesterday's deaths bare this out.

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

For others, the risk of serious health consequences from virus exposure are is minimal. I think the details provided above concerning yesterday's deaths bare this out.

Once again, we have someone ridiculously acting like death is the ONLY negative consequence of infection

It's absolute insanity

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

This has been a conundrum throughout the pandemic...how to distinguish and thus count Covid deaths in people with pre-existing serious medical conditions or just plain advanced age. One can make the argument that but for contracting the coronavirus the 99 year old lady in the nursing would have lived another 2 weeks...or the morbidly obese 45 year old with hypertension, diabetes, and liver failure would have lived 6 more months if he hadn't caught the virus but who really knows. In any case, what we do know is that elderly people in general, the sick elderly, and the medically vulnerable at any age are at significantly increased risk if they contract the virus. For others, the risk of serious health consequences from virus exposure are is minimal. I think the details provided above concerning yesterday's deaths bare this out.

Have you seen the numbers in ICU, on ventilators and in a serious condition fighting for their lives? Its all there published. Its not just about the deaths although for you it does appear so.