Thai govt in stormy waters as country slammed by third COVID wave

webfact

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

It's hard to take any joy in Som nam nah when you are stuck in Thailand and unwitting recipient of their incompetence.

Yes indeed !! but take heart theres a guy still here who i bet wished he was "yodelling " in those lush alpine  pastures

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Some observers are warning of a popular uprising if the government fails to tackle this fresh outbreak successfully

As likely as a Weston Super mare beach donkey winning the Derby so uprising it is then ..

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I gotta say that an "uprising" right now will just throw the country into total disarray.

It is not the time    ,,,,,,,,,,think about it 

Be very careful what you ask for !!!

Uprising? Yeah right! ????

thai-army-tank.jpg

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

there was nothing they could do, and TBH, I don't think they managed the initial version well, they were just better at hiding the numbers, just like China did

They could do plenty, they knew it was the new variant before Songkran yet still allowed Thailand wide travel for millions.

I'll have to agree to disagree on their handling of the previous year however as their management of quarantine entry has worked very well. They've failed big time with vaccine plan of course. Are their missing numbers from deaths or cases, yes sure but I think thats the same in all countries bar a few exceptions

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Some observers are warning of a popular uprising if the government fails to tackle this fresh outbreak successfully.

He squashed all attacks on the street using the emergency decree but he can't stop the internet.

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They could do plenty, they knew it was the new variant before Songkran yet still allowed Thailand wide travel for millions.

I'll have to agree to disagree on their handling of the previous year however as their management of quarantine entry has worked very well. They've failed big time with vaccine plan of course. Are their missing numbers from deaths or cases, yes sure but I think thats the same in all countries bar a few exceptions

compared to the uk and euroland Thailand's politicians have a lot of work to do to reach that level of incompetence.. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

compared to the uk and euroland Thailand's politicians have a lot of work to do to reach that level of incompetence.. 

Did you mean the generals....lol Thailand did well to contain the initial outbreaks compared to most countries that cannot be denied, however it cost them dearly and all that work is now being undone by their current stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you mean the generals....lol Thailand did well to contain the initial outbreaks compared to most countries that cannot be denied, however it cost them dearly and all that work is now being undone by their current stupidity.

but it was Euro/UK incompetence with unchecked disease transmission  which bred this variant the world has suffered over..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

but it was Euro/UK incompetence with unchecked disease transmission  which bred this variant the world has suffered over..

I get your point, but that could be debated as it was not only the UK, there are other countries with more significant variants any one of which could come in, Brazil, South Africa, India. The worry is that as Thailand was/is unprepared with vaccine deployment, it makes it more likely that new variants could also be borne here?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I get your point, but that could be debated as it was not only the UK, there are other countries with more significant variants any one of which could come in, Brazil, South Africa, India. The worry is that as Thailand was/is unprepared with vaccine deployment, it makes it more likely that new variants could also be borne here?

anything is possible now. But if countries (and their selfish people) would of acted responsibly instead of falling apart, many lives could of been saved. Those in moral comas will always deny this I'm sure..

• Thanks 1