Visa on Arrival vs. Tourist Visa Obtained From an Embassy

Apologies; I think this has been discussed recently, but I can't find it.

1.  I presume that the VOA and TV are equally extendable for 30 days if desired.

2. My real question relates to a possible conversion to Non-Immigrant "B" (Employment) in these Covid-19 times. If the person is holding a Tourist Visa from an Embassy, can that be converted to the Non-B without either a trip out of the country or payment of a bribe/fine. ? If the answer depends on the province, I would appreciate hearing from those with personal experience.

1. A 15 day visa on arrival (VOA) cannot be extended. A 45 day visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days.

2. It is possible to apply for a 90 day non-b visa if you can qualify for a extension of stay based upon on working for a company or teaching. It can be done with a 60 day tourist visa entry or a visa exempt entry. You must apply for the visa before you have 15 days remaining on your entry or the 30 day extension of it.

The visa can be applied for at any immigration office.

• Like 2

Thank you for the prompt reply.  In addition to the two options you have stated re my Question 1, is there not also a Tourist Visa obtainable at a Thai Embassy/Consulate abroad ? If there is such a thing, how is it dealt with regarding my Question 2.

If it matters, I am enquiring on behalf of a Filipino living in the Manila area.

A single entry tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry can be applied for at a embassy.

From my earlier reply.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done with a 60 day tourist visa entry or a visa exempt entry.

• Like 1