Lockdown proposed for Bangkok and five other Deep Red zone provinces

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

What's that got to do with this topic?  And world o meters isn't a very reliable site for data.  There are far better sources.

Checked 3 other unrelated real time population sites...World-o-meter numbers near identical. 

Do you have numbers to the contrary? If so, please provide. Would be happy to give them a look-see, as surely others would also. 

• Like 1

Perhaps someone who really cares about the people? and has a few billion bob could load up the private planes with vaccine from europe and bring back enough for all the Thai people to have the two required doses as a matter of urgency!

Such an intervention and act of concern would ensure his god like status and worship for his remaining years!

• Like 1

ABOUT BLOODY TIME for a Wuhan-style lockdown--at minimum 30 days & assess to continue. C'mon we can do this!

An OP above mentioned 15k tests per day coming up with ~2k positives. That's 13.3%.

If that's a true number, we can eradicate Covid again BY LOCKDOWN...but only if govt shuts down all travel--planes, trains, buses, minivans, private cars.

Hello ,

Increased infections and spread may seem better then other places in the World, But we are truly fooling ourselves to believe Thailand is doing better !! Certainly better then India but out of a population of almost 70 Million people in Thailand the Covid testing  numbers  are EXTREMELY !! LOW !! No one should fool themselves or believe otherwise.

Safe and Healthy Wishes to You and Yours and All.

7 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Checked 3 other unrelated real time population sites...World-o-meter numbers near identical. 

Do you have numbers to the contrary? If so, please provide. Would be happy to give them a look-see, as surely others would also. 

For the most part, their numbers are OK.  But a few times, they've been way off.  They're just an aggregator.  I prefer the numbers from the Johns Hopkins website.  Just my preference.

3 hours ago, phukettrader said:

Of even more significance are the number of people who have dies OF it, rather than simply WITH it. This is a fraction of the total numbers even in the west where the stats include anyone who has died of ANYTHING within 28 days of a positive test, including it seems, being hit by a bus or falling off a ladder. Must keep the people in constant fear.

Stop quoting false facts about deaths being reported as covid if a positive test is within 28 days. Post a link or source for that.  In the USA all contributing factors are listed on death certificates. If covid is present and contributing its listed but not as cause of death.  Also the myth that doctors list covid as cause of death because they get paid more by the govt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG - you find numbers by testing 

please explain how you come to that conclusion 

I'm not getting it 

13 thousand tests a day versus 1 million tests a day 

sorry my friend how on earth you ..............................

Thailand needs to take a very close look at India right now were it is so bad that they have completely given up 

PS - last year I predicted on here that India would be a total covid train wreck, I wish I was wrong - horrific  

50,000 tests per day in Thailand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's unbelievable right? They act as if nobody ever died before this...and like everybody was immortal before Covid-19. We're all just gonna live forever if only we can just control this virus...until the next media fueled fear frenzy. 555

Tell me about India.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

Increased infections and spread may seem better then other places in the World, But we are truly fooling ourselves to believe Thailand is doing better !! Certainly better then India but out of a population of almost 70 Million people in Thailand the Covid testing  numbers  are EXTREMELY !! LOW !! No one should fool themselves or believe otherwise.

Safe and Healthy Wishes to You and Yours and All.

Couple that with the fact most rural areas people don't go to the hospital and if gravely ill stay home and are treated by family until death in so many cases. Then no autopsy to show cause and you creat a situation that is hidden as to what's really happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

Yeah, it didn’t work in New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan etc. All those countries - the ones who relied upon contract testing - have failed. Whereas the the large scale random testing countries - USA, Europe, South America - have succeeded.

Science seems to disagree with you. 

You seem to be either joking, or have it backwards. 

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

Yeah, it didn’t work in New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan etc. All those countries - the ones who relied upon contract testing - have failed. Whereas the the large scale random testing countries - USA, Europe, South America - have succeeded.

You need to get a better source for your news.  Contact tracing is a fundamental part of controlling the virus.  Science agrees with this.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/29/asia/taiwan-covid-19-intl-hnk/index.html

Taiwan just went 200 days without a locally transmitted Covid-19 case. Here's how they did it

The government also invested in mass testing and quick and effective contact tracing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please tell me the difference between a Czar, Dictator, King, Emperor, or coup leader who overthrows the country and assumes power? As a former English professor, I am sure that there is some distinction but I fail to grasp what it may be. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG - you find numbers by testing 

please explain how you come to that conclusion 

I'm not getting it 

13 thousand tests a day versus 1 million tests a day 

sorry my friend how on earth you ..............................

Thailand needs to take a very close look at India right now were it is so bad that they have completely given up 

PS - last year I predicted on here that India would be a total covid train wreck, I wish I was wrong - horrific  

Umm I don't think your maths is very good.... india a total train wreck??? um America 325million people 573 thousand covid deaths

india to date 200thousand covid deaths 1.366 billion people... even with under-reporting I think India is doing rather well in comparison... you would need to be having death toll from covid in india of nearly ten times what it is currently to be equal with the states

Your bordering mass hysteria comments about india is symptomatic of the greater world reaction to this whole pandemic... even in America the chances of a covid death are around 0.17%... more chance of dyin from car accidents cancer heart disease, arguably all equally preventable but we don't except for cigarettes....ban alcohol God forbid and we all be so much safer but we don't nanny state nanny world.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The sensible thing to do is lick down.  The same rules as last time.

Hard to understand why they refuse 

Maybe they want to be seen as heros when the vaccine rollout begins and they save the people or some stupid #### like that

5 minutes ago, casey1 said:

Umm I don't think your maths is very good.... india a total train wreck??? um America 325million people 573 thousand covid deaths

india to date 200thousand covid deaths 1.366 billion people... even with under-reporting I think India is doing rather well in comparison... you would need to be having death toll from covid in india of nearly ten times what it is currently to be equal with the states

Your bordering mass hysteria comments about india is symptomatic of the greater world reaction to this whole pandemic... even in America the chances of a covid death are around 0.17%... more chance of dyin from car accidents cancer heart disease, arguably all equally preventable but we don't except for cigarettes....ban alcohol God forbid and we all be so much safer but we don't nanny state nanny world.....

America is doing a pretty good job now of taming the beast.  Cases and deaths are going down a lot.

India's are skyrocketing straight up.  And the numbers are massively under reported.  Wait until the dust settles in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snig27 said:

Have I slipped into a parallel universe where up is down and stupid is clever?

14 hours ago, zzzzz said:

at least now to enter Phuket you need show <
1.ur fully vaccinated ( less than .001 % of population, if that)

Just an aside:  Thailand's population is about 69,600,000.  Taking .001% of that gives you 696 people.  I'm sure more than 700 people have been vaccinated in Thailand.

a no. of points here.the people making decisions are making the wrong ones and are not qualified,the amazement with which most people greeted the decision to allow travel at songkran is the reason we are here at this point in time .no other.the complete lack of a testing regime.the lack of testing is bizarre every country is aware this is a big must in order to track and trace the virus and to get a free test is almost impossible,to have an effective screening at least a hundred thousand a day need testing,theyre doing 3000.the complete inability to administer the vaccs they have and the fact is none are here to be used in any no..they need to be shot into arms....yesterday. this is a total and complete c..k up and anyone in charge or associated with it needs to be fired.the govt needs to be responsible for its actions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

In the US, doctors take the autopsy report very seriously.  If they think CV19 was the trigger for the death, that's how it's recorded.  Makes sense.  And no, if you fall off a ladder and have CV19, the virus won't be listed as your cause of death. 

do you know how deaths are certified in Thailand ?

that is the big difference between a 3rd world country compared to modern countries and the west, in Thailand deaths are generally not certified by a medical professional unless the death occurs in a hospital, the village head man might play some part in it but that's about it.

• Like 1