Thailand reports 1,583 new coronavirus cases, 15 new deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

how do you know the hospitals are full? Can you name a hospital that is full?

Read some other news than "Donald duck" then you know! Have been many times in news that hospitals places running out!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Never seen so many people waiting  in front of the hospitals... and yes a lot testing means a lot of cases. All over the world you can find on internet is  about 1 out of 10 is positive...In my province 1 day 42 next day 9 it seems there is something not well and everybody know that these low numbers are not correct

How you know what people waitng for! Many hospital give free food to people lol.

Not shown in test resurt anyway. Under 20k test made every day.

9 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Read some other news than "Donald duck" then you know! Have been many times in news that hospitals places running out!

Nope.

There are stories stating if trends continue, hospitals might fill up.

No reports of completely full hospitals. 

Thanks for your comment.

An editorial note: during an epidemic, misinformation can kill people. Spreading rumors about filled hospitals could have bad consequences. I would strongly suggest not spreading such stories unless you can back them up.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:
3 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

I feel very sorry for the health care workers. Most are not vaccinated and they are exposed to the  infected.

Yes....but at least the Thai football team have been vaccinated.

And Thai Airways staff!  Plus many oithers who are NOT vulnerable!!!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

How you know what people waitng for! Many hospital give free food to people lol.

Not shown in test resurt anyway. Under 20k test made every day.

Actually, Thailand conducts over 50,000 tests a day.

As for the people standing outside the hospital, how do you know they are there for free food?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They also had a chart on the recent volume of air flights and passengers into Thailand during the past week, including a breakdown of Thai vs other country passengers, presumably in connection with the extended quarantine requirement being imposed. Left column is Thais. Right column is foreigners. And then at the bottom of each column, the numbers of passengers who have arrived in total dating back to last year.

1153665452_AirTravelArrivalsPastWeek04-31-20.jpg.47c74cf12dce03395507a9fafd4721e7.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

By all accounts and reports, there are still plenty of general hospital beds available in Thailand.

What they're running short of are critical care and air isolation beds to treat seriously ill COVID patients.

The beds that are running out are the Covid patient beds. Covid patients are not put into the general wards.  The person you responded to believes he has his finger on the pulse of Covid in Thailand, but he is misinformed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

As for the people standing outside the hospital, how do you know they are there for free food?

If you're going to repeatedly quote that figure, you should check the facts, you will see those are repeat test figures from all categories including repatriation flights, quarantine, hospital admission requirements.

In addition you should also be prepared to have the link and data to hand to prove your claim. They do NOT test 50k+ people per day.

I've given you the link before, would you like to back up that claim?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Including repeat testing of those already tested positive, only 15-20k new person's tested a day.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you're going to repeatedly quote that figure, you should check the facts, you will see those are repeat test figures from all categories including repatriation flights, quarantine, hospital admission requirements.

In addition you should also be prepared to have the link and data to hand to prove your claim. They do NOT test 50k+ people per day.

I've given you the link before, would you like to back up that claim?

Thailand conducts about 50,000 tests a day. The number of individuals tested is somewhat less than 20,000, per your chart.

The question on the table was how many tests were conducted, not how many individuals were tested.

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

One reason they can't make more covid test even they can! If they test more , they have to chance policy to put everybody in hospital whitout symptoms! Test 10 time's more and hospital/ bed place's run out in half day!

Aced it here in this post

If the testing is increased, then more cases will be found .. Logical

With the health Services apparently at almost breaking point with just these few ( relatively )cases so far, why test and increase the workload of the Hospitals Etc when you can just reduce testing and ease the pressure

Amazing Thailand.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Thailand conducts about 50,000 tests a day. The number of individuals tested is somewhat less than 20,000, per your chart.

The question on the table was how many tests were conducted, not how many individuals were tested.

With a credible 9 % positivity rate ( Thai Hospital Testing ) testing of about 20 K people would seem to be about right.

Testing 50  K people would result in about 4,800 positive cases per day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

With a credible 9 % positivity rate ( Thai Hospital Testing ) testing of about 20 K people would seem to be about right.

Testing 50  K people would result in about 4,800 positive cases per day.

I think he forgets that when taking into consideration the total testing numbers is also the amount of tests a person has when they are positive. From officially being classified as a PUI you will then go through a minimum of 3 tests but more likely 4 before you are released from hospital. 

(PUI- is when you are waiting for your first test and result)

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you have a source for that please?

I look at: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php  and total number of laboratory tests completed.

If you took 27th April and deduct figures from 26th April the difference is 18,054.

I had assumed that this was the number of tests?

4 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

I look at: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php  and total number of laboratory tests completed.

If you took 27th April and deduct figures from 26th April the difference is 18,054.

That is the number of people tested correct

19 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

Individuals, not total tests. 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Individuals, not total tests. 

says who?

and whats your point?

They only test that many new individuals per day with a population of 70 million.  So less than 0.02% new people tested per day?

Edited by meltonpie

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

By all accounts and reports, there are still plenty of general hospital beds available in Thailand.

What they're running short of are critical care and air isolation beds to treat seriously ill COVID patients.

This was a report from the MoPH today on Bangkok hospital bed occupancy by bed type up through April 28:

954792820_04-30-21HospitalBedsinBKKTight3.jpg.9537efc463d4f474ca897ac2c1a0dd13.jpg

I should mention that Covid beds are available in Bangkok, so stories of people not being transported to a hospital have nothing to do with full hospitals. 

This is from yesterday but casts a light on how seriously ill some people are

Although the daily case number went below 2,000 for the first time in six days, hospitals are increasingly filled with patients with severe conditions.

Data from the Public Health Ministry showed a gradual increase in patients with intubation needs and those who suffer pneumonitis or inflammation of lung tissues, which could lead to respiratory failure and death. The number of such patients exceeded 1,000 on Thursday.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-thailand-faces-tight-situation-hospital-beds-14714012

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Plenty of discussion about this earlier in the thread. 

I'm not clear what point you are trying to make.

If the testing figures I quoted are interpreted as the number of new tests completed daily, whether it is actual total tests or tests of new people it is utterly lame.

• Like 1