Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Does anyone know if Thais can register with this one? 

Where is the hospital?

No. It's for expats only. Age 60 and  and/or listed medical conditions. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lelle said:

Thanks fore the tips here great I will get a vacccin aug. now for my girlfriend how to get vaccin 

for her 40 years old???

+

In Bangkok there's a mass vaccination site for people with Thai id. Register via her mobile phone company. Over 75 can walk in possibly with passport. 

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I don't think it's been up very long. I used the Intervac page early yesterday when helping a friend by giving him the Intervac page with the Phyathai link. I don't remember seeing the Med Park link at all. I think I would have spotted that new link and jumped on it.

So we all can thank Richard again for being probably the first to report that on THIS site. Who knows how long there will be slots there? I'm a little shocked that there still are. The pattern is selling out in minutes. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

ACT FAST ON THIS ONE!

I MEAN NOW.

Passports accepted.

Deadline is  11am on Friday.

Richard Barrow in Thailand – Writing about Thailand on Blogs and Social Media

The form:

In preparation for COVID 19 vaccination, please kindly fill in the information in this form. (google.com)

It's from the Board of Trade so maybe just targeted at working expats. There was no retired option.

So I had to put Unemployed / Maid / Housekeeper.

Its for expats 18 or over. So maybe / probably they don't want to hear from older retired people. 

But I see no harm in registering there. On the other hand this kind of sound like a program for Sinovac to me.

Has anyone got a hospital outside Bangkok?

Is it like Thonburi Health where they give you a local hospital?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Has anyone got a hospital outside Bangkok?

Is it like Thonburi Health where they give you a local hospital?

I don't think anyone knows yet what will come of that one. 

I'm losing track now of all the places I put my name in but here goes:

Intervac (ha ha, verified black hole)

Chonburi (black hole?)

Board of Trade

But now have the actual booking at Medpark. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In Bangkok there's a mass vaccination site for people with Thai id. Register via her mobile phone company. Over 75 can walk in possibly with passport. 

If it's DTAC, must live in Bangkok..

46 minutes ago, fredscats said:

Have registered for chamber of trade one  but the Medpark is being difficult....tick boxes at foot of form are not functioning..any ideas?

No problem for me on Edge browser Windows 10. Maybe try another browser?

• Like 1

@Jingthing The Phyathai page does say AstraZeneca:

The period for pre-registration is between 12 and 16 July from 09.00-12.00 hours only. The link will be automatically closed before 12.00 hours once the daily quota has been reached. The vaccination period will be 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends), and the vaccine provided will be Astrazeneca

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Update: This is kind of funny.

Probably thanks to combining all the tips from various people (this time I used Firebox browser, and logged out then in to my gmail account) I actually succeeded in the LAST DAY of this month's Phayatai 2 Bangkok vaccine lottery!

Yeah!

But.

There's always a but.

I checked the intervac page after I got the confirmation email and Phyathai NO LONGER specifies Astra Zenica as it did before.

So like Medpark, they might be using Sinovac.

Sinovac and Astra are listed as both being currently available for all the hospitals on intervac so presumably at least some people will be getting that.

Great news Jingthing well done getting it on the last day, as Kaoboi notes above, they made it clear it was going to be Astra for this week's appointments at Pyathai,  so I reckon you will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

And no sooner do we overcome one hurdle than another appears:

Pattaya-Chonburi relent, impose 2-week quarantine on interprovincial arrivals - Pattaya Mail

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-chonburi-relent-impose-2-week-quarantine-on-interprovincial-arrivals-363517

OMG!

I have no idea what this would really mean as far as vaccine day trips to Bangkok.

I was planning to hire a car and driver that would probably be based here.

Would a driver be willing to make the trip under these new conditions?

Edited by Jingthing

Yeah fantastic, i am moving from Hua Hin to Pattaya next week, and need the time to supervise a house being build. That will be hard to do from a 14 day BS quarantine since i am coming from a much safer province.... Ill just say i am coming from Baen Saen

14 hours ago, VaccineHunter said:

I think both options work given that they would cross check against the submitted passport number and cross reference that with the uploaded passport information.. Just move fast please I am sure this will be "sold out" again in a short time...

Just have it match your passport EXACTLY.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Update: This is kind of funny.

Probably thanks to combining all the tips from various people (this time I used Firebox browser, and logged out then in to my gmail account) I actually succeeded in the LAST DAY of this month's Phayatai 2 Bangkok vaccine lottery!

Yeah!

But.

There's always a but.

I checked the intervac page after I got the confirmation email and Phyathai NO LONGER specifies Astra Zenica as it did before.

So like Medpark, they might be using Sinovac.

Sinovac and Astra are listed as both being currently available for all the hospitals on intervac so presumably at least some people will be getting that.

It is AZ.  I got that confirmed in an email from the hospital.  Congrats on finally getting your appointment!

BTW, I would sign up for MedPark as well.  If we get into some crazy lockdown situation this month, I'm not sure if we would have to forfeit our appointment...So, since the medpark appointments don;t start until mid August, that would be a good backup...just in case.

And BTW, before I get attacked for suggesting this, doing this will not take away the opportunity for others to get vax at medpark.  I will cancel it if I indeed get my vax next week at PhyaThai, and I'm sure MedPark will make those dates available thereafter.  After all the nonsense we've been through int he last six weeks, I'm not taking any more chances on things to get screwed up.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

The bird flying overhead stated this:

Under 60...SinoVac.  60 and over, and/or with high risk medical conditions...AZ.  That is the official policy of the CCSA now.  Also, health workers and first responders who were fully vaxed with SinoVac back in April/May will get one additional jab of AZ.

Edited by WaveHunter

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Under 60...SinoVac.  60 and over, and/or with high risk medical conditions...AZ.  That is the official policy of the CCSA now.  Also, health workers and first responders who were fully vaxed with SinoVac will get one jab of AZ.

Ok, you have a direct link to CCSA, I can't find it.

47 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It is AZ.  I got that confirmed in an email from the hospital.  Congrats on finally getting your appointment!

BTW, I would sign up for MedPark as well.  If we get into some crazy lockdown situation this month, I'm not sure if we would have to forfeit our appointment...So, since the medpark appointments don;t start until mid August, that would be a good backup...just in case.

And BTW, before I get attacked for suggesting this, doing this will not take away the opportunity for others to get vax at medpark.  I will cancel it if I indeed get my vax next week at PhyaThai, and I'm sure MedPark will make those dates available thereafter.  After all the nonsense we've been through int he last six weeks, I'm not taking any more chances on things to get screwed up.

Realistically, even if there is a stronger lockdown the roads will not be blocked. I very much doubt there will be any need for forfeit and appointment because of a lockdown situation. 

If you can prove you are travelling to receive a Vaccine you will have no issues. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Realistically, even if there is a stronger lockdown the roads will not be blocked. I very much doubt there will be any need for forfeit and appointment because of a lockdown situation. 

If you can prove you are travelling to receive a Vaccine you will have no issues. 

You're probably correct BUT all we really have to prove the validity of our appointment is one single text message, and more importantly, nobody really knows if you are going to get hassled unnecessarily at checkpoints, run into delays with traffic, etc.  

There is a lot riding on getting to the hospital in a timely way since in all likelihood they are not going to give you a second chance...so better to have a backup plan than to have to start all over again with the craziness we've been through fro six weeks now.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

First of all - I totally understand where you come from after having to undergo all these pains and tribulations - I probably would done the same given the dire circumstances and the need to protect one's health and wellbeing.

What surprises me a bit though is you blamed me a few weeks ago for doing signing up with just one Hospital in Bangkok now and found it morally reprehensible and now recommend doing it with 2 concurrently?

"The fact that you were able to buck the system is nothing to be proud of.  There was a reason for vaccines to be prioritized to the Bangkok area, and those non-residents outside of Bangkok who were able to take advantage of the InterVac flaws and become vaccinated by crossing provincial boundaries only reduced available vaccines where they are needed most right now.

YOU WERE LUCKY and nothing else, and your luck came at the expense of getting the outbreak clusters in Bangkok under control.

So, congratulations to you for thinking more about your own welfare instead of the good of the population as a whole.  That's very noble of you."

Also and maybe more importantly you might want to take note that there is a clause in the MedPark sign up form which might has some ramifications one might want to consider. 

I hereby acknowledge that once I submit the free government allocated vaccine registration with MedPark Hospital, I am not able to transfer my registration to someone else

Just keeping it real and congratulations for getting your appointment(s). I am glad for everybody that gets vaccinated including you despite the occasional controversy. No hard feelings but let's hold each other to task. 

• Haha 1

We already knew about checkpoints where we might be required to show a good reason for our travel.

Yes vaccinations are a very good reason and I wouldn't worry much about that.

But the news today is possibly much more troubling.

14 day quarantine if coming from Bangkok a deep red zone?

How exactly will it be enforced or not enforced?

We can't know that yet.

Will drivers even be willing to take us if they think they face a quarantine risk?

We can't know that yet.

If you are lucky enough to be one of the 100 per day in Thailand's vaccination lottery for farang, are you given a guaranteed date for the second vaccination, or you have to play the 100 per day vaccination lottery again, 3 months later?