Thailand reports new daily record of 21 deaths, 1,891 new cases, in third virus wave

webfact

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If the rest of the world trusted them they would be here seeing how Thailand achieves it's beautiful numbers.All countries test to capacity,that capacity can be at any level for any reason each country wishes it to be some choose a high capacity some choose a low capacity Thailand has chosen a low capacity for testing for reasons they have expained.There is no cover up or any need to falsify figures to achieve Thailands numbers.It's said that low testing capacity limits ability to see what is actually happening.The numbers don't show exponential growth but we already know that the numbers don't reflect the reality of the current situation so there could well be exponential growth and we could be at the bottom of a very steep hill or we might be on a plateau good lick trying to pick a winner in this race.

I guess what you're saying is the WHO, CDC, and John's Hopkins University (major pandemic data source) accept "false" government figures because these are the numbers they report for Thailand on their websites. As I said, one can choose to believe what they want but these are the only figures we have to work with.

• Like 1

Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:

First dose - 1,095,230 people
Second dose - 381,848 people

Yesterday, 19,474 people received their first dose and 45,990 received their second dose. * The official population of #Thailand is 66,186,727

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I'd characterize it as "pro-Thai." It's not always about foreigners, as much as many like to think.

It certainly isn't pro Thai to the unemployed workers in the tourism industry and the bankrupt business owners. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

If it keeps them from dying from Covid it is.

Well the point is it doesn't keep anyone from dying of covid-19 to stop for example a fully vaccinated person from Israel coming to have a holiday in Thailand. But mass unemployment definitely leads to poverty which is the main cause of premature death so it's totally false to suggest the knee-jerk increase in the quarantine period is going to save anyone's life.

Edited by edwardandtubs

A government spokesman on Saturday called out the COVID-related death of a popular Thai comedian on Friday, saying "COVID affects everybody no matter who you are."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000400

Comedian Arkhom succumbs to Covid-19 at 64

Famous comedian Arkhom Preedakul, 64, who was infected with Covid-19, died on Friday morning from complications.

"Arkhom, known widely by his stage name "Kom Chuanchuen" or "Na Kom" (uncle Kom), reportedly contracted Covid-19 this month.

Born in 1958 in Ayutthaya province, Arkhom became popular among audiences after he joined the comedy group “Chuanchuen”.

Obituaries to Arkhom praised him as a punctual professional who was often the first to reach locations when filming movies or shows."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It does do that, the dates are there, it can be over a year or 7 - 14 days, try looking at it better, run your mouse over the graph and the dates come up. Its all there. 

Like I said, make or source your own, this is whats used by millions of people to gauge a pattern and trend in scientific papers.

Here's another source with 7 day moving average, go to the link and move the dates all you want until you get the outcome you want and upload back here to show me.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

Thailand-Coronavirus-Pandemic-Country-Profile-Our-World-in-Data.png

The x axis starts January 28...start it April 1 or 15 and the visual won't be so dramatic (though the data will be the same) is all I'm saying.

• Thanks 1

Among the 21 new COVID deaths reported by the government on Saturday, a spokesman said nine were men and 12 were women. Their ages ranged from 31 to 90, with a median age of 73.

The government had previously been giving individual information about the details of each fatality, but has lately ceased doing so since the daily death numbers began regularly reaching double digits. Now instead, they're providing aggregated details for each day's group of COVID deaths.

Ten of the new deaths occurred in Bangkok, along with two each in the Chonburi and Samut Prakan provinces, and one each in the Ubon Ratchathani, Kalasin, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pathum Thani and Phetchaburi provinces.

Eleven of the cases were said to involve people who had contracted the virus from family members, along with four believed to have caught the virus from co-workers.

Screenshot_8.jpg.23dd374c2d2b1adaf667766b235bda11.jpg

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I guess what you're saying is the WHO, CDC, and John's Hopkins University (major pandemic data source) accept "false" government figures because these are the numbers they report for Thailand on their websites. As I said, one can choose to believe what they want but these are the only figures we have to work with.

You may choose to work with numbers that don't represent the true picture,but I don't think that the WHO or CDC do anything but laugh when they see the Thai numbers.The world isn't ignorant of Thailand and its dodgy ways,they did after all watch the rise of this current administration.They are also watching Thailands vax roll out with grim lipped headshaking.

6 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Well the point is it doesn't keep anyone from dying of covid-19 to stop for example a fully vaccinated person from Israel coming to have a holiday in Thailand. But mass unemployment definitely leads to poverty which is the main cause of premature death so it's totally false to suggest the knee-jerk increase in the quarantine period is going to save anyone's life.

I'm saying that's the motivation...if it's scientifically valid is for other's to judge. It's not done out of some "anti-foreigner" animus that so many here reflexively conclude. As I said, it's not always about the foreigner...believe it or not, the THAI government actually makes policy to benefit Thailand and Thais.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The x axis starts January 28...start it April 1 or 15 and the visual won't be so dramatic (though the data will be the same) is all I'm saying.

Right thats because the websites start it that way, go ahead and change it if you want, thats all I'm saying

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A government spokesman on Saturday called out the COVID-related death of a popular Thai comedian on Friday, saying "COVID affects everybody no matter who you are."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000400

Comedian Arkhom succumbs to Covid-19 at 64

Famous comedian Arkhom Preedakul, 64, who was infected with Covid-19, died on Friday morning from complications.

"Arkhom, known widely by his stage name "Kom Chuanchuen" or "Na Kom" (uncle Kom), reportedly contracted Covid-19 this month.

Born in 1958 in Ayutthaya province, Arkhom became popular among audiences after he joined the comedy group “Chuanchuen”.

Obituaries to Arkhom praised him as a punctual professional who was often the first to reach locations when filming movies or shows."

Never heard of him and from what I read, he had underlying conditions so was in a high risk group. Was he still working or following Covid protection recommendations? 

Thailand moved up one notch to now rank 103rd among all countries in terms of its total numbers of COVID cases reported since the start of the pandemic, meaning the country has fared better than most thus far, including many of its Asian peer countries, although Thailand also is lagging behind most neighboring countries with a slow, delayed vaccination campaign. The charts below are from the Thai Ministry of Public Health.

Screenshot_23.jpg.92a353c0b2a497af8b0e122a274ba837.jpg

Screenshot_24.jpg.0e496952d59c16b3070989f8bafd3b49.jpg

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of those that died so far, how many died in the hospital and how many died at home.  I would like to hear from the government as to their surroundings when they passed.  Were they unable to find a bed and thus died while waiting at home or did they choose to not be hospitalized where they might die alone without family to care for them, and thus stayed home being cared by family until the grim reaper came.  Sad reality

you will never know that information because like I said in an earlier post a few days ago, deaths at home are not certified by a medical professional like in the west - the closest you might get is "Viral Pneumonia" (chest infection) which covers some sort of lung infection that would only be reported by the family, did they die of covid - only a test would prove that 

7 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

This was always inevitable as deaths lag a couple of weeks behind any rise in cases. Sadly, deaths will continue to rise for several weeks to come.

Yes and clearly illustrates the erroneous claims of some on here who attempted to say,  without relevent data, that either deaths had   plateaued or the curve had flattened. We all wish it had but facts speak for themselves

Saturday's televised English language COVID news briefing by the government:

04-30-21.jpg.8ce65f20fdf8bc9de4c97f19b9c76793.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/videos/511176463240106/

And the series of presentation charts used by the Ministry of Public Health in their Thai language briefing for the day:

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/316645986620399

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You may choose to work with numbers that don't represent the true picture,but I don't think that the WHO or CDC do anything but laugh when they see the Thai numbers.The world isn't ignorant of Thailand and its dodgy ways,they did after all watch the rise of this current administration.They are also watching Thailands vax roll out with grim lipped headshaking.

Waw I'm astonished to hear that these huge global entities (WHO, CDC, JHU) first have a laugh and then publish data they know may not be correct

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Never heard of him and from what I read, he had underlying conditions so was in a high risk group. Was he still working or following Covid protection recommendations? 

Shouldn't this be enough for you.............jeeeez

. Only a few days after he was admitted to the hospital, his condition worsened and he fell into a coma. He suffered from pneumonia and kidney failure and had to rely on a ventilator and go through dialysis. 

He was transferred to the Chakri Naruebodindra Medical Institute and died there this morning. 

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/kom-chuanchuen-rough-spoken-everyman-comedian-dies-at-63-of-covid/

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, anchadian said:
Vaccinations in Thailand since 28th February 2021:

First dose - 1,095,230 people
Second dose - 381,848 people

Yesterday, 19,474 people received their first dose and 45,990 received their second dose. * The official population of #Thailand is 66,186,727

28 Feb to 30 April is 64 days:

1,477,078  shots dispensed

Daily average 23,078 daily doses

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes and clearly illustrates the erroneous claims of some on here who attempted to say,  without relevent data, that either deaths had   plateaued or the curve had flattened. We all wish it had but facts speak for themselves

I haven't read any post from anyone who has said deaths have plateaued.  Many have said cases have plateaued and I agree with that based on the data we can all see. What that means is that cases will continue to rise before plateauing and falling in the weeks to come.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Shouldn't this be enough for you.............jeeeez

. Only a few days after he was admitted to the hospital, his condition worsened and he fell into a coma. He suffered from pneumonia and kidney failure and had to rely on a ventilator and go through dialysis. 

He was transferred to the Chakri Naruebodindra Medical Institute and died there this morning. 

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/kom-chuanchuen-rough-spoken-everyman-comedian-dies-at-63-of-covid/

Sure it's sad when someone died...but as I have said many times, that's what happens in a pandemic. This death is no different than the 350 or so others in Thailand.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cases went from being mainly in Bangkok to all 77 provinces because they did not lock down.  Are you able to follow the trail or not.  Had travel for Songkran been curtailed this would not have occurred.  Try to look outside of Bangkok now, what you see is the direct result of allowing travel.

Cases were already in Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya and Phuket before Songkran. No doubt, undetected cases were also spreading in other provinces. More restrictions would have delayed the spread but even with the full lockdown some interprovincial travel is inevitable. You're a bit delusional if you think it was ever really possible to keep this wave confined to a small number of cities.