Thailand reports new daily record of 21 deaths, 1,891 new cases, in third virus wave

webfact

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

New article in the BP indicates they fear there are more cases undetected within households and so they will start testing households in certain areas. I do believe they're right, not all will go and get tested.

Thanks, I just read that, so they are kicking off new active finding testing in Bangkok:

1,800 tomorrow

400 on Tuesday

2,000 on Wednesday

1,600 on Thursday 

1,400 on Friday

Pitiful amount of testing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thanks, I just read that, so they are kicking off new active finding testing in Bangkok:

1,800 tomorrow

400 on Tuesday

2,000 on Wednesday

1,600 on Thursday 

1,400 on Friday

Pitiful amount of testing

You are right, it's woefully inadequate.  We have not heard any more on the cluster from Klong Toei either.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

New article in the BP indicates they fear there are more cases undetected within households and so they will start testing households in certain areas. I do believe they're right, not all will go and get tested.

Not sure if that's good because if they find more than 300 cases in households they might ban them like they did for eateries and pubs and I would put it passed them to try exactly that.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

1940 today

+21 deaths

Apologies Cyril, I didn't realize you were posting live daily updates for TVF on the Covid-19 infections.

Edited by anchadian

2 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

not yet Brian, not yet...

Sorry but web based mainstream news media does everyday, thats how it makes its money from clicks. Richard is not doing that now and if he does in the future its something to consider then only right?

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sorry but web based mainstream news media does everyday, thats how it makes its money from clicks. Richard is not doing that now and if he does in the future its something to consider then only right?

yes 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

31 dead today, 2041 new cases

And bingo it keeps moving upwards in both categories. A sad reality that as this government claimed the cases peaked on the 24th.  

• Like 1