Thailand reports new daily record of 21 deaths, 1,891 new cases, in third virus wave

webfact

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So ....... to go from Pattaya to BKK airport, I need a Covid test? Who is going to check me?

Lulu, Pattaya soi 6.

Arrived in BKK, lucky, soi 4.

Results back in 48hours.

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:
UPDATE: Some good news. A number of foreigners have told me that they have been successful today in booking an appointment to get the Sinovac vaccine in June. You need to use the Thai ID card for foreigners (it’s pink). First round is for people 60+ or with underlying diseases.

CORRECTION: There are only Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines available at the moment. Which one they receive will depend on each vaccine's suitability for different groups of people. The first group (60+ people and those with underlying diseases) will most likely get AstraZeneca.

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The problem is that the numbers quoted are just for Bangkok, and don’t represent all tests, probably just their random sampling.

The numbers for Klang Toey are just that, a sampling of one specific area, and those numbers cannot be extrapolated nationwide.

The most important number is the positivity rate for the 28,000 tests, less than 4%. This means there are pockets of infection, but they are not widespread, in Bangkok. Of course, the numbers could be wrong.....

Does the 28,000 tests you quote include the retesting of positive cases such as confirmation test and the multiple retesting of quarantined patients?Or is it only 28,000 new people being tested for the first time?

It is still not much compared to many other countries.

See India, they are the winners with every day 350000 new cases and 3500 people dead in a week.

A country spending billions in space travelling, but now in trouble, or not?

Maybe they think its better like this, as the dead will be among the lowest classes of course.

And being in a lower class in India, you nearly stand a chance. 

Al ready red, the rich are fleeing in their private jets.

It also seems, in my country, if you are vaccinated you still can get covid.

A group of elderly people, most vulnerable  and there for first vaccinated, in an elderly home were vaccinated, but did get covid.

Only the symptoms  are way less then without vaccinating. Probably they already would have died without vaccination.

They still live now but are sick. Of course they still can die as they are the most vulnerable, only time will tell. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you believe Thailand has control of this virus, and thus has a secret formula in dealing with Covid where other countries have failed.  If that was the case why are the other countries not flocking here to get the secrets to the Thai magical success in defeating Covid.  Thailand could sell the other countries billions of dollars in amulets, and provide monks to give them Thai Sak Yant tattoos.

This post is dripping with sarcasm and is a sad commentary that underscores the truth of the matters at hand which folks believe are soon to be washed away after the spirit of Songkran has cleansed them all.

No I don't believe The Government here has control when they are calling for everyone to wear a mask out doors or indoors with heavy fines if they don't. China gave us the virus and now they are making money on the fake n95 or the kn95 masks they sell to us and anything else they can sell you that has to do with the virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The problem is that the numbers quoted are just for Bangkok, and don’t represent all tests, probably just their random sampling.

The numbers for Klang Toey are just that, a sampling of one specific area, and those numbers cannot be extrapolated nationwide.

The most important number is the positivity rate for the 28,000 tests, less than 4%. This means there are pockets of infection, but they are not widespread, in Bangkok. Of course, the numbers could be wrong.....

You sound like a politician dodging the issue.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You sound like a politician dodging the issue.

38 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Does the 28,000 tests you quote include the retesting of positive cases such as confirmation test and the multiple retesting of quarantined patients? Or is it only 28,000 new people being tested for the first time?

The numbers are presented without context, so it's unclear how useful they are. All we know from the statement is that some number of tests were conducted in Bangkok with a positivity rate of about 5%, except for some tests in Klong Toey, which were higher.

The numbers indicate that the epidemic is not spiraling out of control, but there are pockets of wider infection.

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, overt2016 said:

I have only one question: Why weren't the front line [medical staff],given priority

in receiving the vaccine?

Probably they were, but if you are vaccinated, it works for your body on the symptoms.

However logically, i think you still can be a carrier then of the virus? OK now they even mentioned it in the article.

The vaccination doesnt seem to kill the virus instantly. Is it there for a vaccine? Virologists are baffled. 

The vaccine they used was Pfizer, but as it is just new , they dont know yet where the source is/was.

And we still have the rules about mouth caps/closing protections and distancing as much as possible.

For now they dont know how or what. They investigate

Only one older man had more problems, as having pneumonia, but happily also getting better.

From the 29 elderly , 12 were infected.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Does the 28,000 tests you quote include the retesting of positive cases such as confirmation test and the multiple retesting of quarantined patients?Or is it only 28,000 new people being tested for the first time?

CCSA spokesman Teewasilp did not say how these people were tested, only that these were the numbers he quoted.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They tested 28,000 people in Bangkok from April 5-27. Which works out at just 1,272 tested people per day as a mean average.

The chart you need and post explaining is here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215521-thailand-reports-1583-new-coronavirus-cases-15-new-deaths/?do=findComment&comment=16430665

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Chonburi has just announced that any expats travelling to other provinces need to get COVID-19 tested.

Doesn't apply to Thais as far as I know.

Such a policy wouldn't make any sense; can you provide a citation? 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Chonburi has just announced that any expats travelling to other provinces need to get COVID-19 tested.

Doesn't apply to Thais as far as I am aware. 

This was just left hanging out there: is it true?

IS there a link to this announcement? IF not, I would chalk it up as an unfounded rumor.

Edited by Danderman123

A customer orders her meal at a restaurant in Bangkok during the first day of dine-in ban in the capital and 5 other provinces. The order, which will last for the next 14 days, came after officials discovered at least 294 cases since April 1 that could be traced back to eateries.

ImageImage

2 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Curious...with shut down in many provinces and limited alcohol sales ....what the week’s road carnage numbers? 

There probably has not been time for any restrictions to have an effect. Also, note that most accidents happen close to home AND people can still buy alcohol.

Along the same line, the Deniers are going to be asking whatever happened to influenza in Thailand, how come nobody is catching the flu anymore?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

A lot of tourist destinations like Turkey are realising this but Thailand still has this knee-jerk anti-foreigner response to anything covid related.

You're certainly right there. Look at this graphic:

Can someone please explain to me this infographic released by the public relations department in the Thai government. I really don’t understand it. Why is the pink coloured lady not wearing a mask? Is it because she has no eyes and nose? And aren’t infected people normal people?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1385911230062235653

Apparently only pink people do not wear masks

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can someone please explain to me this infographic released by the public relations department in the Thai government. I really don’t understand it. Why is the pink coloured lady not wearing a mask? Is it because she has no eyes and nose? And aren’t infected people normal people?

Edited by candide

55 minutes ago, anchadian said:
A customer orders her meal at a restaurant in Bangkok during the first day of dine-in ban in the capital and 5 other provinces. The order, which will last for the next 14 days, came after officials discovered at least 294 cases since April 1 that could be traced back to eateries.

ImageImage

294 cases traced back to eateries so they ban eat in, if they trace 300 transmissions to people's home they will presumably ban living in your home.Wait they have banned living at home if you test positive.

• Haha 2

The cases are definitely trending down - if we can believe the figures provided.  

At this point, the pandemic has been basically figured out.  If transmission gets out of control, hard lock downs work.  

I'm very hopeful that this has peaked but it's far too early to say that.  It does look promising though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Waw I'm astonished to hear that these huge global entities (WHO, CDC, JHU) first have a laugh and then publish data they know may not be correct

What else are they going to publish? Do you think they are up for explaining why they are not publishing data from various countries? They publish what they are given. They are not about to announce that they are not publishing data because they don't trust this country or that. It is not their job to make that determination.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

From the above article:

"Preexisting cross-immunity against a virus in many healthy people and a vast area may also indicate that a milder form of the virus has been circulating in the community for quite some time before the emergence of a wilder form."

There are a number of articles that have discovered unexpected immune response to Covid-19 in people who believe that they were never infected or exposed to the virus. People think it could be from other common coronaviruses including those that may cause the common cold. I heard of another possible source as a betacoronavirus that infects domestic animals, but I can't find that reference.

So it is entirely possible that some sort of localized cold, flu, or animal born virus could have contributed to immunity in Thailand. However, the current variant is more likely to elude that immunity.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mbenson said:

2. Maybe it is just me, but do the two days of exactly 16,000 tests given and the one day of exactly 13,900 seem a bit concerning? If testing were driven purely by demand, that is by people who are presenting as ill, who suspect they had contact, or who are suspected of having had contact, shouldn't those numbers be a little less perfect? Sort of implies that sometimes something else dictates the number of tests administered. 

It’s almost as if there is only a certain amount of test kits available.

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The info graphic explains that the airborne nature of the virus is driving this pandemic although masks can stop droplets the driving force is the airborne transmissions which the masks can't stop.If there is virus in the air your mask won't stop it getting into your body.