Health Insurance Requirements When Returning on a Re-entry Permit

Sheryl,

Sounds like a good plan.  I don’t plan on staying too long in the US so I can apply for the COE before I leave Thailand.  If I need the additional insurance I’ll. Get it before I leave.

i also just sent an email to the Thai embassy in DC but have not received a reply yet

Edited by statman78

I intend returning to Thailand shortly from Australia using a new Non O Marriage visa, multi entry. 

I have been variously told that I  will need to purchase 12 months COVID insurance. Others say 90 days insurance is acceptable. My actual stay will be 6 months,  then I  will make a brief return to Australia. 

I suspect the truth is that as the length of stay ill be 6 months, that is the answer to my question.  Am I  correct?

14 minutes ago, Iamemjay said:

I intend returning to Thailand shortly from Australia using a new Non O Marriage visa, multi entry. 

I think you'll find they only issue the Non Imm O 90 day single entry Visa.

8 hours ago, Iamemjay said:

I suspect the truth is that as the length of stay ill be 6 months, that is the answer to my question. 

You will only be stamped in for 90 days and that will be how long the insurance needs to be valid for.

Thanks.

So far as I know, there is no restriction by the Thai Embassy in Canberra in issuing multi entry O visas such as exists in the UK and US. Of course there is the usual 90 day "review" (as in a border run in normal times) and this leads to the 90 day insurance conclusions.

It seems I need to pose the question to Embassy staff themselves.  Thanks guys.

8 minutes ago, Iamemjay said:

So far as I know, there is no restriction by the Thai Embassy in Canberra in issuing multi entry O visas such as exists in the UK and US. Of course there is the usual 90 day "review" (as in a border run in normal times) and this leads to the 90 day insurance conclusions.

The UK and US haven't offered the Non Imm O ME for quite some time now, only the single entry available.

Even if you can obtain the ME it's a waste of money.

Borders are closed so you can't activate further entries.

With the single entry Non O, you could apply for a 60 day extension which gives you almost 5 months stay, but above that you'll need to meet the financial requirements to apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage, or, at least for the moment, the 60 day Covid extensions.

Nobody can predict the Immigration situation in 3 or 6 months time.

Thanks Tanoshi. Yes, whilst I  have received an almost instantaneous confirmation that the Canberra Embassy still indeed issue multi entry O visas, in the current circumstances there seems little point. I will be better to adjust to a 5 month stay in LoS instead of 6.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the latest requirements for returning to Thailand from the US with a re-entry permit.  I know this is accurate since I just received my COE this morning.  I am living in Thailand on a retirement extension based on a non-imm O visa obtained in Thailand in 2018.  Soon I will be leaving for a visit to the US returning June 26.  

Early last week I applied for my COE and submitted copies of my passport, visa, latest extension and re-entry permit.  The next day I received my initial approval.  I then uploaded copies of my itinerary, ASQ hotel confirmation and document showing I had 3.5 million baht coverage for COVID here in Thailand and that coverage lasts past my current extension.  I did not upload any other insurance information other that the COVID insurance.  This morning I received my approved COE.

For the ASQ hotel you do not need to pay in full.  You only need a letter confirming your reservation.  I reserved my room with a 5,000 baht down payment.  There are different payment requirements at other places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1