Personal tax ID

Got my personal tax ID last year, and today completed my first withholding tax refund application.

Question is, does this tax ID allow to get any other taxes refunded, or has it any benefits other than withholding tax refunds?

Edited by Susco

Which other Taxes you have which could be refunded?

I use the Tax ID as my Bank request a TaxID from my country where I spend most of the time. Then of course the Tax Refund for your interest, or if you working then this is also there for a refund if you already paid too much tax!

As of now I can't think of any other tax which you could be able to ask a refund....

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

Which other Taxes you have which could be refunded?

I use the Tax ID as my Bank request a TaxID from my country where I spend most of the time. Then of course the Tax Refund for your interest, or if you working then this is also there for a refund if you already paid too much tax!

As of now I can't think of any other tax which you could be able to ask a refund....

You answered my question with a question lol

Honestly, I don't even know why I can get the withholding tax refunded, because I certainly don't get that in my home country.

These days those refunds are peanuts, but had I known this 15 - 20 years ago, when interests were 10%, that would have been a different picture.

So was just looking for some info if there are other allowances possible, like for example VAT on a new car, or VAT on car finance, as that would also add up quickly.

I am surprised.. In Switzerland the withhold tax is even 35%... in thailand only 15%. So it's an interesting part. to receive some of the withholding tax back.

In Thailand below about 30'000 baht you will receive back the whole amount after that, you have to pay a small amount as Income tax, because you are over the specific amount which is free.
Of course if you only have to claim about 200-300 baht, then maybe it's not worth the effort, but if you have a few thousand baht, then it's already interesting.

To your question.. you can't use it for the VAT Tax which is included in every product. The withholding tax is better than nothing

• Like 1