Wanted American arrested for murdering pregnant wife in northern Thailand

But IF someone was driving a black Ferrari in Bangkok and POSSIBLY collided with a motorcycle and subsequently the rider of the aforementioned motorcycle died, the individual that MIGHT of been driving the aforementioned black Ferrari can not be located to assist with inquiry's ????????????

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That could have been after he told them where he dumped the body, stories can leave things out you know.

Wednesday is the day before Thursday, you know. So how he would have told them if he was only arrested the day after they found the body?

I disagree with those claiming that this crime is evidence that Thailand's expat community is bursting at the seams with criminals.

Does Thailand attract foreigners who are ill-equipped to handle the cultural, language, financial and inter-personal relationship challenges which inevitably present themselves? Sure.

But to extrapolate from that that there's a large criminal element here would be a mistake. Immigration has been scouring  the landscape for over stayers for the better part of 5 years. Examples of people on overstay found to have been involved in major criminal activity have been remarkably few and far between.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

Soon enough he's going to wish he had been incarcerated in the USA. Gaeng Jued and Rice for the foreseeable future...that's if the gangs inside don't make the foreigner the odd man out at mealtimes.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

A harmless retiree is subjected to tons of paperwork and heavy financial requirement to renew their visa and yet Thailand allow this type of murderer to get their marriage visa?

Apparently, Thailand didn't do a criminal check on him before granting the visa.

There is no background check if you get a Non-Imm O for reason of marriage, whether at an embassy, or upgrade from a tourist visa in Thailand. This seems like a requirement for Non-Imm OA only.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

There is no background check if you get a Non-Imm O for reason of marriage, whether at an embassy, or upgrade from a tourist visa in Thailand. This seems like a requirement for Non-Imm OA only.

I had to get a criminal check when I applied for my first retirement visa.

It's mind-boggling why they think that marriage partners don't need a criminal check.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Just now, EricTh said:

I had to get a criminal check when I applied for my first retirement visa.

Never heard of anyone getting a background check for this visa. Which embassy did you get your visa, or did you change from another visa in Thailand?

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

A harmless retiree is subjected to tons of paperwork and heavy financial requirement to renew their visa and yet Thailand allow this type of murderer to get their marriage visa?

Apparently, Thailand didn't do a criminal check on him before granting the visa.

He could not have been registered in marriage because marriage solemnization requires background criminal check. Perhaps they were living together as husband and wife. 

For him at 32, the Thai girls will love him easily ... so sad for the desperate Thai ladies especially in this Covid.

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

so he was arrested in 2019 in the usa for murder and in the same year he came to thailand. 

For those charges he should't be bailed. If bailed his passport should be revoked.

the body of his wife was found rather by tracing his SIM location, rather than by dogs. Maybe dogs were used to find the spot, within few hundred meter radius 

In shows how Incompetent the American criminal law is and how lacks a daisy the Thailand Immigration can be at times.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Lots of information on another thread.  In fact, I don't understand why they started this one.

Maybe bcoz he was being sought, and now has been arrested hence the new report, otherwise known as an update.

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe bcoz he was being sought, and now has been arrested hence the new report, otherwise known as an update.

For which there's an option to put the update on the same thread.  So respondents can all be on the same page and not posting on one thread, oblivious to what's already been posted on the other.

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

The only visa that does not require a police clearance is a tourist visa which he may have had to get into Thailand as an early report said that he had arrived via Cambodia.

• Confused 1

Well reading about the guys criminal background 

All that was missing was the blue light flashing on his head when he arrived at immigration in Thailand

Just shows no criminal checks are carried out this needs to change fast

And as already mentioned how many more reside in Thailand 

18 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

A foreigner stands out like dogs balls in some of these more non-tourist areas. Even in larger Isaan Cities. You may think you are invisible, but you are not.

He was caught in Hang Dong in Chiang Mai where many western foreigners live, maybe it was one of them that notified the police of his whereabouts.

22 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

A foreigner stands out like dogs balls in some of these more non-tourist areas. Even in larger Isaan Cities. You may think you are invisible, but you are not.

He was caught in Hang Dong in Chiang Mai where many western foreigners live, maybe it was one of them that notified the police of his whereabouts.

I would not be surprised if immigration starts to ask for certified copied of criminal records for non-immigrant visas.
That may be more useful than 90-day reports and TM30...

Edited by SymS
grammar!

I don't know the law about this in Thailand.  But since she was pregnant charge him for 2 murders and keep him in prison for the rest of his life at least.  People like this will not change once they get out again.

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Looks like he made a confirmed reservation at the Bangkok Hilton. Such opulence. I hope he enjoys every day of his stay there. 

This tragic case raises and begs the question: how was he allowed to leave the United States? Travel into and out of that country is one of the planet's most tightly controlled and monitored movements. I thought passports were scanned well ahead of the flights and cross-checked with law enforcement databases.

Travel into - yes. Exiting not so much. I haven't flown out recently but at land crossings into Canada and into Mexico one doesn't even speak to US officials. 

7 hours ago, mstevens said:

Having been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in the USA, this guy is a great example of why Thailand should do further background checks on people who wish to stay in the country long-term (in the same way a Thai who wished to stay long-term in my country would need to provide a police check from Thailand). If something like this guy's past comes up in a background check then he simply shouldn't be allowed to set foot on Thai soil.

In Australia I had to supply a National Police Check as part of my application for an OA visa