Wanted American arrested for murdering pregnant wife in northern Thailand

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why are they allowed in Thailand? I'm a US citizen and don't believe Americans should be allowed here without arrest record checks, too many criminals and lowlifes. Visa exempt should be reconsidered.

can we secure a criminal background check through our consulates? this to me outweighs a statement fo income.

Looks like he made a confirmed reservation at the Bangkok Hilton. Such opulence. I hope he enjoys every day of his stay there. 

This tragic case raises and begs the question: how was he allowed to leave the United States? Travel into and out of that country is one of the planet's most tightly controlled and monitored movements. I thought passports were scanned well ahead of the flights and cross-checked with law enforcement databases.

Edited by mvdf

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

According to this report, the then 30 year old Balzer was arrested on suspicion of attempted second-degree murder, felony menacing, second-degree assault, third-degree assault, tampering with physical evidence, criminal mischief, obstruction of telephone use, aiming a firearm at a person, criminal tampering and domestic violence.

And he was still allowed into Thailand ...... WOW .

Just now, mvdf said:

Looks like he made a confirmed reservation at the Bangkok Hilton. Such opulence. I hope he enjoys every day of his stay there. 

Which might be quite limited. I've never been there but I'm sure that many don't survive long...................

Bring along the KY you AH.

So sorry for then wife and family ????

3 minutes ago, SouthernMan3 said:

Which might be quite limited. I've never been there but I'm sure that many don't survive long...................

Bring along the KY you AH.

So sorry for then wife and family ????

As long as he grits his teeth Saliva will suffice as a lubricant.

Sounds like this guy has serious anger management issues. A nice, long, cozy stay at a Thai prison might teach him to control these urges to kill people. Dispecable behavior! 

May the poor woman and her unborn child rest in peace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THIS is why I NEVER talk to the falang....

well, actually, I take their beer glass......fingerprints, d'uh.....

run it through M15, CIA, FBI, KGB, etc.......

then I read the likely 100-pages on their crimes, and I RUN!!!!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why are they allowed in Thailand? I'm a US citizen and don't believe Americans should be allowed here without arrest record checks, too many criminals and lowlifes. Visa exempt should be reconsidered.

for 2500 USD you can renounce your citizenship.  

why carry a passport from a country you hate?  Americans would LOVE for you to go to another country.  

did you storm the capitol?  seems like you enjoyed that one...

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Larry - a USA prison emergency response team leader - just told me that guys who kill pregnant women do not last long. If the Aryan Brotherhood gets hold of him - he will be killed. I assume that a similar fate awaits him in the Bangkok Hilton.

RIP to his victim.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Susco said:

Now tell us again that Thai police are incompetent.

That could have been after he told them where he dumped the body, stories can leave things out you know.

• Like 1

Man sentenced to probation, attempted murder charge dropped in Longmont case

A Longmont man originally facing an attempted murder charge after police say a gun went off while he was threatening a woman with it has pleaded to a misdemeanor count after prosecutors said the named victim could not testify.

Jason Matthew Balzer, 31, on Friday pleaded guilty to one count of third-degree assault in Boulder District Court and was sentenced to two years of probation, according to court records.

Prosecutors said there was an issue with the named victim that led them to drop the original charges of of attempted second-degree murder, attempted first-degree assault, extortion, felony menacing, second-degree assault, criminal mischief and tampering with physical evidence.

https://www.timescall.com/2019/12/06/man-sentenced-to-probation-attempted-murder-charge-dropped-in-longmont-case/

All this blah blah security checks. As if Thai men never murder their wives.

People snap. That's all there is to it. Move on with your boring little lives.

Thailand has always been a sunny pleace for shady people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

All this blah blah security checks. As if Thai men never murder their wives.

People snap. That's all there is to it. Move on with your boring little lives.

Thailand has always been a sunny pleace for shady people.

Thank you Professor. ????????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cali farong said:

For myself to get Thai retirement visa I had to have criminal background check and medical check and health insurance.  He probably wasn’t in Thailand legally, but he’s eligible for LONG stay now 

One would think he is eligible for the death penalty.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

for 2500 USD you can renounce your citizenship.  

why carry a passport from a country you hate?  Americans would LOVE for you to go to another country.  

did you storm the capitol?  seems like you enjoyed that one...

Nothing to do with hatred of the country, just understanding the level of native criminality.  By the way it is more like $4800 now and you need a new citizenship first. Listen, there are two ways for Thailand to identify these lowlifes. Check their arrest records prior to entry (easy in the case of Americans), or let all and sundry in and wait for them to re-offend. Thus the tragic results. Thailands weak immigration procedures killed this woman, 100 percent.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1

A harmless retiree is subjected to tons of paperwork and heavy financial requirement to renew their visa and yet Thailand allow this type of murderer to get their marriage visa?

Apparently, Thailand didn't do a criminal check on him before granting the visa.

Edited by EricTh