Wanted American arrested for murdering pregnant wife in northern Thailand

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

But to extrapolate from that that there's a large criminal element here would be a mistake. Immigration has been scouring  the landscape for over stayers for the better part of 5 years. Examples of people on overstay found to have been involved in major criminal activity have been remarkably few and far between.

I know many criminals here on the run and in my years here I have met one of Scotland Yard's top ten most wanted, drank with boiler room scammers, armed robbers, even murderers in Bangkok one of whom had been on the run from the FBI for 35 years. 

Since I moved to Chonburi last couple of years I have met no shortage of dodgy types expecially in Pattaya including drug dealers, guys that run illicit gambling operations and yep, even more murderers.

So respectfully, I will disagree with you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I know many criminals here on the run and in my years here I have met one of Scotland Yard's top ten most wanted, drank with boiler room scammers, armed robbers, even murderers in Bangkok one of whom had been on the run from the FBI for 35 years. 

Since I moved to Chonburi last couple of years I have met no shortage of dodgy types expecially in Pattaya including drug dealers, guys that run illicit gambling operations and yep, even more murderers.

You should write a book

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
10 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Another foreign criminal some how makes it into Thailand. How many thousands more of various criminal types are hiding in Thailand? Thai Immigration makes it next to impossible at times to deal with a simple expat retirement/marriage visa yet somehow with all the bureaucracy red tape and hoop jumping guys like this are far more common than you think.

Generaliziting "sorry Garant" is not good, Thailand is Nice if you live here, but some people make IT hard to Stay positive about the comments. The most Garant have only good krans for living in the country of the smile, but start to think the smile is only for money. Again and again IT is about money, money, money and some make bad motion about a single"rotten Apple", count the Own people and tell again if there are so many bad Apples. I feel offended by this comment and i don't make bad notions to all the Apples of Thai, but i think this would be a loss in numbers.

So i hope that those Farang Will be able to spend and live happy in Thailand.

Be safe and stay healthy.

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

so he was arrested in 2019 in the usa for murder and in the same year he came to thailand. 

For those charges he should't be bailed. If bailed his passport should be revoked.

the body of his wife was found rather by tracing his SIM location, rather than by dogs. Maybe dogs were used to find the spot, within few hundred meter radius 

Maybe they were clever dogs with mobile phone trackers ?

6 hours ago, Cali farong said:

For myself to get Thai retirement visa I had to have criminal background check and medical check and health insurance.  He probably wasn’t in Thailand legally, but he’s eligible for LONG stay now 

Anyoen with a long stay visa should get an initial criminal background check. I'm not sure if that happens now, but it should. He probably came on a VOA and never bothered to leave, but who knows. 

Perhaps Thailand's immigration should have access to USA's criminal records. I know if I enter into Canada from the US, they'll have immediate access to my records. They are many people who are refused entry into Canada because of a criminal conviction including DUI arrests. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Soon enough he's going to wish he had been incarcerated in the USA. Gaeng Jued and Rice for the foreseeable future...that's if the gangs inside don't make the foreigner the odd man out at mealtimes.

No doubt they will be queuing up to drop anchor in poo bay as soon as the rat is introduced to the boys..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

became concerned for the welfare of her daughter after visiting the couple’s rented home on Monday when she saw Balzer fleeing the property on a motorbike. Inside

Get a rope... no chance of rehab with this psychopath. These guys need to be extinguished. Sad for the lady but good that this punk’s genes won’t go any further.

• Like 2

if they traced his sim to find the victim, then its highly likely that they did the same to find him, he doesn't sound like the smartest guy around, but whatever they did it was an efficient and fast arrest before he could do any more harm, so well done to the cops. ????

11 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Another foreign criminal some how makes it into Thailand. How many thousands more of various criminal types are hiding in Thailand? Thai Immigration makes it next to impossible at times to deal with a simple expat retirement/marriage visa yet somehow with all the bureaucracy red tape and hoop jumping guys like this are far more common than you think.

It’s amazing how many foreign criminal types, often those already convicted and supposedly incarcerated, slip through the fingers of their home nation’s justice and immigration systems.

The Thai police must have a permanent division assigned to the task of apprehending and extradited foreigners on behalf of western nations unable to control the flow of their less desirable citizens through their porous borders.

Typically here at the Thai Visa kangaroo court, even when foreigners demonstrably and undeniably behave deplorably, there is a rush to deflect and to blame Thais and Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69

40 minutes ago, prism said:

Perhaps Thailand's immigration should have access to USA's criminal records. I know if I enter into Canada from the US, they'll have immediate access to my records. They are many people who are refused entry into Canada because of a criminal conviction including DUI arrests. 

I don't think regimes that have the levels of high corruption and low transparency like Thailand should have access to that type of information. Fine between Canada and US but Thailand? Nope.

17 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

He could probably make more money as a professional snitch.

Not that I would but I don't need to make money as a snitch, I already have more than enough to retire tomorrow, thanks. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

13 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

The Thai police must have a permanent division assigned to the task of apprehending and extradited foreigners

They have, it is called Immigration.

It's a shame the Thais don't apply the same fervency and zeal when it comes to prosecuting their own criminals that have ran overseas though.

59 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I must be going to the wrong bars, because I mostly meet/see....

Overweight late-aged pasty foreigners, who brag about how much money they got, how excellent they are in bed, how they know all the best places to travel in Thailand etc etc.

Maybe I should start going out more ????

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, expatjustice said:

So back in the US they dropped the charges because the victim could not testify. 

Probably the victim back in the US didn't want to "destroy his life" or something. And now he has destroyed two other lives at a foreign country. 

He should have never left the US because he needed to be in jail in the US at the moment. 

On the bright side the "amazing" treatment he will get at "Bangkok Hilton" probably til the day he dies, might be the better kind of justice a psycopath like this will ever experience in today's world.

1317513542_ScreenShot2021-05-07at1_08_47AM.png.6628f14f25df4defde7c99d842fdfe47.png

The clipping makes things clearer,  he had a right result on USA won't be so lucky over here. 

• Like 1

The following may explain why the perp was not flagged when he came to Thailand and why he got away with all but one of those initial charges in the USA.

According to Colorado's Times-Call, all the charges were dropped except 3rd degree assault (a misdemeanor), and that only got him placed on probation for two years. The article indicates that the victim did not, could not or would not testify but provides no further details.

https://www.timescall.com/2019/12/06/man-sentenced-to-probation-attempted-murder-charge-dropped-in-longmont-case/

According to another, earlier article in the same source, Balzar had no priors except a traffic violation.

Thus he had (only) a traffic violation and a misdemeanor on his record.  A traffic violation would not disqualify him from traveling and because definitions of 3rd degree assault vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction in the U.S. he may have come in as a tourist not requiring a police check.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

I must be going to the wrong bars, because I mostly meet/see....

Overweight late-aged pasty foreigners, who brag about how much money they got, how excellent they are in bed, how they know all the best places to travel in Thailand etc etc.

Maybe I should start going out more ????

You must be, but then again I have been here 31 years and seen more than most. 

Knew two guys that were murdered by their Thai wives, met another guy that killed his Philippine maid (used to own bars in Bangkok), met a human trafficker that was prolific on the internet forums (here and another one) until his downfall and escape to Cambodia where he still resides I believe....

Just the other week I met another convicted criminal who served time back in Scotland...

So yeh, having worked in the Asia Pac region for thirty odd years I would say Thailand does seem to attract them, and Cambodia too now unfortunately, more than other places. 

• Thanks 1

Nobody with a conviction of rape, any type of attempted murder, or aggravated assault in their home country should ever be allowed into Thailand. Lowlifes like this will eventually commit more violent crime. Now this pregnant Thai women is murdered just 2-3 years after this scumbag, loser was convicted of other violent crimes. Never should've been allowed into Thailand.

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

so he was arrested in 2019 in the usa for murder and in the same year he came to thailand. 

For those charges he should't be bailed. If bailed his passport should be revoked.

the body of his wife was found rather by tracing his SIM location, rather than by dogs. Maybe dogs were used to find the spot, within few hundred meter radius 

He wasn't arrested in USA for murder, he was arrested on charges of attempted murder for badly beating up an ex-GF  (who refused him sex ) and for pointing a gun at her. She  later dropped the charges  so he did not have a conviction on his record.

1 minute ago, garet said:

Nobody with a conviction of rape, any type of attempted murder, or aggravated assault in their home country should ever be allowed into Thailand. Lowlifes like this will eventually commit more violent crime. Now this pregnant Thai women is murdered just 2-3 years after this scumbag, loser was convicted of other violent crimes. Never should've been allowed into Thailand.

Why should that be the case when a convicted drug trafficker is in a ministerial position in government?

Serious question.

• Like 1

As I stated in a similar murder thread ages ago, my wife had one of her best, long time girlfriends, shot right between the eyes by a jealous (thai) boyfriend. (Man friend )

But he soon reported it to police, took them to the dead body and re~enacted the shooting. 

Full cooperation. 

Police then told her mother that she could go ahead with court and have him charged....with high lawyer fees etc, or settle for the 100K baht compensation. 

She took the money and he walks free today never having been jailed.

He even attended the poor lady's funeral...with a couple of police bodyguards in case anybody tried to take revenge and harm him.

He was/is quite wealthy I believe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why should that be the case when a convicted drug trafficker is in a ministerial position in government?

Serious question.

Do you believe  it's okay to let more violent criminals from abroad into Thailand just because a homegrown criminal has a position in the Thai gov't?

I'm talking about not allowing violent foreign criminals into Thailand. Thai homegrown criminals is clearly not related to this topic.  

12 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

What a scumbag, how are people with criminal records like this allowed out of prison or even allowed to have a passport?

I guess you are not American. Maybe you should try to live in some American cities right now. They are trying to abolish the police and this mysterious virus situation, some criminals are being let free.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51947802

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, garet said:

Do you believe  it's okay to let more violent criminals from abroad into Thailand just because a homegrown criminal has a position in the Thai gov't?

I'm talking about not allowing violent foreign criminals into Thailand. Thai homegrown criminals is clearly not related to this topic.  

I think it sets a precedent on what this government finds acceptable, and sends a clear message to foreign criminals about what is acceptable and they can get away with here.

Thailand has long been a haven for these types on the run and will continue to be so as long as the locals keep making it so.