Pattaya A Dead or Dying City?

Pilotman

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

No Pattaya is not dead yet but with some effort

Pattaya is death. Unless you want to claim that the 20% of businesses that will remain open, and shed some light on quietness and darkness in certain streets and areas, is compensating for the remaining 80%? It simply never be the same again but of course the city doesn't vanish.

Just like a good part of nana in bangkok likely is there to stay, but it will never be as varied and big trough out the entire city anymore. At least not for the next 5-7 years.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I live here and while there certainly are more fat bints, there are still many easy on the eye. 

just dont worship them , let them know their pitfalls, keeps their behavior feminine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All areas that depended on tourism, which of course is more or less extinct in Pattaya.

Had you driven around the areas that people actually live in things might be different.

I think the council is missing a golden opportunity to demolish the entire area and construct a proper beach promenade 4 times wider, build 4 or even 6 lane roads with bus lanes and with proper wide pavements, put in some proper drainage that can handle the rain, and even put the monorail in. That way when tourism returns, as it will, things would be better.

However, I remember how after the tsunami wiped all the accommodation off Phi Phi they rebuilt the same <deleted> <deleted> as it was before, so I have no hope the council will take the opportunity to improve Pattaya. A golden opportunity wasted.

You would have it the same as Milton Keynes and Warrington New Town then. The Chinese, Indians and Russians would still come as they know no better. 

Of course the centre looks pretty sad, the place exists because of foreign tourism and foreign tourists have been subject to heavy entry restrictions for a year, making them almost non-existent. 

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

If education is to make any real progress then it has to be driven by parents........they make the difference.

Many coastal and inner city schools in the UK have abysmal records of achievement, poor discipline....until you look at the results of certain minorities........particularly the Chinese.....driven by their parents to succeed.

Agree, I never got interested during school, always sucked too, but I was raised properly to always work hard, teach myself and do business. Worth much more than any school, aside of languages skills, I would not waste on International schools anymore with that knowledge. I'd rather work less and teach my son myself.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

Now, homes for as little as $500 can be had there. 

That shock wave Thailand still is going to get, they delay it now with payments on hold. Specially as 30% of population decreases.

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Agree, I never got interested during school, always sucked too, but I was raised properly to always work hard, teach myself and do business. Worth much more than any school, aside of languages skills, I would not waste on International schools anymore with that knowledge.

My screen saver in the classroom....

"Few have been taught to any purpose who have not been their own teachers".

Not that the kids ever understood what it implied.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

If anyone read "The Dark Tower" series, they'll understand the term "the world has moved on."  Yes, everything is shut down by decree and will probably go on an "open/shut" roller coaster for a year or two.

The sex industry was Pattaya's forte. That's been demolished. The girls found out they can make a fortune online without ever swapping bodily fluids. I don't think it will ever return to its glorious apex of the previous decade. I'm just seriously grateful I got in as many soapies as I did!

The world has moved on.

Ya reckon? Bet you a slab of beer that when Pattaya does open this year or next that beach Rd will be back to 200 whores! 

Not swapping body fluids? So lonely punters are going to stay in their bedsit in some freezing corner of the globe paying for a tug, or are you referring to something else? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

You are absolutely correct on that.  In the USA only 59% of black males graduate with a high school diploma.  By contrast the Asian population many entering the country as immigrants and not being able to speak English still thrive.  They push themselves and their children to go to school, take difficult subjects, study, and receive advanced degrees.  The result is that the Asian population not only does as well as the native Caucasian population it betters it.  The Asian population has the highest college graduate, post graduate rate.  Asians are also the highest earning ethnic group in the USA

And Asian girls are not only the smartest, they are also the most beautiful and petite.

A lot of white girls are very intimated by them.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

They push themselves and their children to go to school, take difficult subjects, study, and receive advanced degrees

London is a very good example of this....although the politicians try to make out it is their "innercity initiatives" that make the difference.......London inner city schools are dominated by Asian kids whose parents demand they do well.......Only 20% of white working class boys leave schools with 'good' results.........it is not because of their teachers or the school.....it is because of their parents.