Pattaya A Dead or Dying City?

Pilotman

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Does a collection of bars, brothels and sex massage establishments really deserve being called a City at all? 

sex in the City perhaps...........

Not keen on Pattaya, went there once 16 years ago, never again although I'm sure there are some nice spots away from the city life that I missed.

Edited by Bkk Brian

Went in 1993, could not wait to leave

Just now, Danderman123 said:

More accurately, nobody wants to work on a rice field for 300 baht a day. Better to work bar, and bring boyfriend to Pattaya. 

On the other hand they can get an education and end up being pharmacists, doctors, bank workers and teachers like all in our family from a dirt poor Issan background. This rice farming/starvation or prostitution is an idiotic myth peddled by the customers of the sex trade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

Went in 1993, could not wait to leave

On the other hand they can get an education and end up being pharmacists, doctors, bank workers and teachers like all in our family from a dirt poor Issan background. This rice farming/starvation or prostitution is an idiotic myth peddled by the customers of the sex trade.

There is no question that some fraction of people in Isaan go to college. But, given the vast tonnage of rice harvested in Isaan, somebody is working in the rice fields. And by "somebody", I mean a lot of people. 

5 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:
41 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

And Asian girls are not only the smartest, they are also the most beautiful and petite.

A lot of white girls are very intimated by them.

Wont last, Thais are getting just as fat!

intimidated?........I think most of us are here cos thai ladies have retained their femininity,unlike western ladies.And yes many do end up fat.Asian ladies also age quicker than western.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is no question that some fraction of people in Isaan go to college. But, given the vast tonnage of rice harvested in Isaan, somebody is working in the rice fields. And by "somebody", I mean a lot of people. 

Older people these days with mechanization, also it's mostly planting and harvesting and drying, not a 365 day a year job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Older people these days with mechanization, also it's mostly planting and harvesting and drying, not a 365 day a year job.

Hmmm... Less jobs available in Isaan, I wonder where these people will go when Pattaya opens up again? 

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

sex in the City perhaps...........

Not keen on Pattaya, went there once 16 years ago, never again although I'm sure there are some nice spots away from the city life that I missed.

Nope. That would cater to family's and that resort idea failed. 

Honestly, Pattaya needs to die. It's begging to be reborn as a Thai majority bedroom community to Rayong industrial complex areas. 

Served by all the incoming rail transportation including a BTS for much wow.

Beer bars and gogos So last millennium.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, madmen said:

I have found that guys bashing sexually active dirty old men to have sexual problems themselves or a disinterested wife that would freak out if you pulled out the maids outfit ????

Baggage much?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It doesn't take much these days with technology to create fear, TV, media and some ugly looking dudes in suits who are in powerful positions, also wearing a mask, and having been vaccinated.

The light at the end of the tunnel are vaccines, and for those who take them, you will be rewarded and get your vaccine passports to travel and life will be back to normal.

We can then live happily ever after.

The CCP will be doing everything in its power to prevent that fear from subsiding!

2 hours ago, thasoss said:

Agreed pattaya is finished,but i would think  resurrected as something else.Life as it was pre 2019 is not coming back no matter how much you wish it.A precedent has been set for future viruses....masks,social distancing,vaccines and lockdowns.No matter how many vaccines you have there will always be another mutant,another strain."do not let a good opportunity go to waste"...so the saying goes and big pharma can see a lot of future money to be made.

That saying also, and originally, belongs to communists. It's straight from Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals". The CCP is loving this! 

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

It will likely bounce back somewhat. There's millions of men around the world who haven't had a <deleted> for over a year. Many will hurry back to Pattaya once they can.

I would like to see it bounce back ! I would like to invite my monger brother here from the states !  He watches Pattaya on  YT,but that  doesn't give it justice !

• Like 1

Before the pandemic the sex was scalling back the girls where fewer and older YOY with some in there 60s even coming to make up numbers I know some gone to work in factories

I walked daytime up and down small sois between beach road and second to see the deteriation after 1 year away and its slum like without visitors and most things shut apart from 1 new hotel on soi 7 opened last year

the rooms where workers both non & sex are all empty met 1 girl who was living in a block on her own.

For me its, who will invest or come back to holiday even though i still have a free ticket till sept and have left i think i will cash it in

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, J Town said:

If anyone read "The Dark Tower" series, they'll understand the term "the world has moved on."  Yes, everything is shut down by decree and will probably go on an "open/shut" roller coaster for a year or two.

The sex industry was Pattaya's forte. That's been demolished. The girls found out they can make a fortune online without ever swapping bodily fluids. I don't think it will ever return to its glorious apex of the previous decade. I'm just seriously grateful I got in as many soapies as I did!

The world has moved on.

How is that?

Having a YouTube channel aimed to farang, teaching them how to make som tum or stinky fish soup?

• Haha 1

Just now, AlfHuy said:

How is that?

Having a YouTube channel aimed to farang, teaching them how to make som tum or stinky fish soup?

Even that would be preferable to channels reviewing massage dens, a go go's, street walkers or places like the <deleted> Well inn! Don't delude yourself that sex destinations cannot be cleaned up, happened in Manila and other places.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

Get off your sanctimonious soapbox.

Thai ladies have been servicing males for centuries. Long will it continue, whether tourist or resident.

Yes, out of being oppressed and exploited, better not to be a part of it as a supplier or customer. It's a murky world of crime, drugs and disease. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Indeed--makes it easier to inspect the ladies as they tend to be scared of "farang cooties"..

Now as for the ladies   virgins to the left--all others to the right.....(pumps sanitizer into his hands)

No more virgins left.

NCC... and BritmanToo have done a proper job.

• Haha 1

If all the evidence for Pattaya being a dying city is the visual impression of few people around that's really not enough. Koh Samui has even less people now. Many cities around the world are like ghost towns now. I think you'd have to add bit more facts to support the idea that Pattya is a dying city...

• Like 1