Thailand reports 4,887 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths 

webfact

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

2835 cases have been found in the prison system. So unless you have plans to be arrested and jailed in the near future you should be fine.  

The 2053 outside cases is what people need to focus on here, 

Are there no people working in the prisons which are going home, shopping, having family and friends ...? Your argument is seriously flawed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The question remains, why weren't these prison infections reported by the Corrections Dept in previous Covid-19 daily updates?

I would like to see the prison system (family of the staff and inmates ) get vaccinated ASAP !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Round 1:

March 18:

Seventy seven foreigners test positive for Covid at Immigration detention centre

Round 2:

April 4, 2021:

The Corrections Department has suspended visits to prisoners and detainees in all prisons, from Monday until May 5th, after over 100 prisoners and prison officials in Narathiwat and Surat Thani provinces were found to be infected with COVID-19.

Round 3:

May 13, 2021:

the Department of Corrections admitted that nearly 3,000 detainees tested positive for Covid-19.

Wonder what June's snippet will be?  Hundreds die in prisons because of Covid maybe.  Yes sarcasm.

8 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

So vaccine passports are a complete and utter waste of time..................nonsense of the highest order

yes you are right,however it will tell the authorities that the holder,if he catches the virus,probably wont get bad symptoms and will not be a burden on the system.yet he/she can still be a carrier and infect others, whether they have had the vaccine or not.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392698081590743041

The latest color-coded map of Thailand has just been released: RED: More than 100 cases (3 provinces)

ORANGE: 51-100 cases (4 provinces)

YELLOW: 11-50 cases (11 provinces)

GREEN: 1-10 cases (45 provinces)

WHITE: 0 cases (14 provinces)

I imagine Thai prisoners are generally a pretty lean bunch, reasonably fit and youngish age profile......maybe they have survived the original covid virus because of these factors............ they might now have some immunity to survive the new variants...............I cannot see for the life of me, with their living conditions, that they could possibly have avoided being infected all this time.

46 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

● 2,052 new infections

● 2,835 prison / prison infections

Why not just say 4,887 new infections.

Wait: that's to fool the people. See, it's only 2,052, you are safe. The other ones don't count, you will never be in touch with them.

Tomorrow headline will be: Massive drop in daily infections to just 2,443

Happy that they are now updating and reporting prison infections, as they should, of course. As for splitting todays total, I would have done the same so as not to mislead anybody. 2,052 new cases from yesterday as has been their standard practice for reporting and 2,835 new cases from a "period" of time leading up to then

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-actress-ploy-chermarn-accused-of-breaching-covid-19-rules-while-on-pha-ngan-island/

Thai actress Ploy Chermarn accused of breaching COVID-19 rules while on Pha-ngan Island

The district chief officer of Pha-ngan Island, in Thailand’s Surat Thani province, has lodged a complaint with the district police against Thai actress Ploy Chermarn Boonyasak, accusing her of not wearing a face mask in public and of not entering compulsory self-isolation while vacationing on the resort island.

Thailand logged nearly 5,000 new COVID-19 cases including 2,835 infected inmates in the mass testing. Justice Minister will make an announcement online about measures to control COVID-19 in prisons later today.

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1392700117346443268

Will he also announce when they intend to test inmates in prisons throughout Thailand I wonder, silly question I know..........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-actress-ploy-chermarn-accused-of-breaching-covid-19-rules-while-on-pha-ngan-island/

Thai actress Ploy Chermarn accused of breaching COVID-19 rules while on Pha-ngan Island

The district chief officer of Pha-ngan Island, in Thailand’s Surat Thani province, has lodged a complaint with the district police against Thai actress Ploy Chermarn Boonyasak, accusing her of not wearing a face mask in public and of not entering compulsory self-isolation while vacationing on the resort island.

Surely they know who she is........she can't be expected to wear a mask and quarantine......idiots.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392698081590743041

The latest color-coded map of Thailand has just been released: RED: More than 100 cases (3 provinces)

ORANGE: 51-100 cases (4 provinces)

YELLOW: 11-50 cases (11 provinces)

GREEN: 1-10 cases (45 provinces)

WHITE: 0 cases (14 provinces)

Pretty much the same as yesterday's version.

Presumably, all/most all of today's prison cases are going to get added to the province total for Bangkok, which won't change the kind of map breakdown listed above.

Just now, WineOh said:

No man ever lay on his deathbed and said "God! I wish I'd never slept with so many women".

i love this mate ^^^^^^^^

Heard it on a radio chat show a few years ago.......stuck in my mind ever since.......it drives me onwards and upwards.....5555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I am weak............and have learnt from past experience that my wife is the single most knowledgeable person in the world.......am I am but a mere mortal.

For these reasons I just self isolated in a resort when we got there........obviously the chink in the armour is the wife, visiting relatives, and then returning to see me.

Yep it would take a very brave man to tell his Thai wife to self isolate for 2 weeks!

Under the circumstances, I would have done the same. Your wifes relatives probably had a good laugh at your expense. It's like no one watches the news even now that it's the only news.

Edited by Saltire
  • Haha 2

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392704602399670274

This is an updated list of what you can and cannot do in Phuket from 12-31 May 2021. Please make sure that you read carefully as the Governor of Phuket said he may ask Immigration to deport any foreigners found violating the law #Thailand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand logged nearly 5,000 new COVID-19 cases including 2,835 infected inmates in the mass testing. Justice Minister will make an announcement online about measures to control COVID-19 in prisons later today.

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1392700117346443268

Will he also announce when they intend to test inmates in prisons throughout Thailand I wonder, silly question I know..........

Perhaps something like this?

April 4, 2021:

Thailand’s prisons on COVID-19 red alert'

"The department has also imposed other measures to prevent the spread of the virus. No prisoners will be allowed to work outside their prisons, there will be no transfers between prisons, no outsiders are allowed entry to prisons and new prisoners will be isolated in separate cells for 14-21 days and be screened at least twice before they are to be moved out of isolation."

• Like 1