Thailand reports daily record of 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, including jail cluster

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

LOL

Well why were you refuting the fact there was exponential growth then?

Still waiting for your definition of what constitutes a doommonger as an  "old" person

You're really struggling with this aren't you? A few minutes ago you were saying nobody was claiming there was exponential growth. Now you're saying there is exponential growth. Make up your mind.

The truth is there isn't exponential growth in the general population. 

• Like 2

- Bangkok Remand: 1,960 out of 3,023

- Central Women's Correctional Institution: 1,039 out of 4,448

- Klong Prem: 1,016 out of 8,088

- Thonburi: 1,725 out of 4,015

- Chachoengsao: 43 out of 2,671

- Central Institute for Drug Addicts: 12 out of 5,876

- Nonthaburi: 59 out of 2,661

- Chiang Mai: 3,929 out of 6,469"

I wonder if that prison official goon from the other day, will step forward and claim again, that the number are not bad, when you consider the proportion of the prison population? What can one say? These numbers are not pretty, no matter what kind of face you attempt to put on them. 

About the only good thing you can say about the prison outbreaks, is that it is a rather organized form of quarantine, as long as nobody is being released or transferred. But, then when you consider the support staff into the equation it can start to get ugly. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

Johns Hopkins:

What does a high percent positive mean?

A high percent positive means that more testing should probably be done—and it suggests that it is not a good time to relax restrictions aimed at reducing coronavirus transmission. Because a high percentage of positive tests suggests high coronavirus infection rates (due to high transmission in the community), a high percent positive can indicate it may be a good time to add restrictions to slow the spread of disease.

How high is too high?

The higher the percent positive is, the more concerning it is. As a rule of thumb, however, one threshold for the percent positive being “too high” is 5%

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/covid-19-testing-understanding-the-percent-positive.html

You are correct, the Thai positivity rate is high enough to warrant more testing. I don’t think you will find many who disagree. But, to paraphrase an idiot: “you go with the testing you have, not the testing you want to have”. 

i can’t analyze the tests that aren’t happening, I have to look at the data on hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

- Bangkok Remand: 1,960 out of 3,023

- Central Women's Correctional Institution: 1,039 out of 4,448

- Klong Prem: 1,016 out of 8,088

- Thonburi: 1,725 out of 4,015

- Chachoengsao: 43 out of 2,671

- Central Institute for Drug Addicts: 12 out of 5,876

- Nonthaburi: 59 out of 2,661

- Chiang Mai: 3,929 out of 6,469"

I wonder if that prison official goon from the other day, will step forward and claim again, that the number are not bad, when you consider the proportion of the prison population? What can one say? These numbers are not pretty, no matter what kind of face you attempt to put on them. 

About the only good thing you can say about the prison outbreaks, is that it is a rather organized form of quarantine, as long as nobody is being released or transferred. But, then when you consider the support staff into the equation it can start to get ugly. 

The question is whether the areas around prisons will become clusters of infections.

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are correct, the Thai positivity rate is high enough to warrant more testing. I don’t think you will find many who disagree. But, to paraphrase an idiot: “you go with the testing you have, not the testing you want to have”. 

i can’t analyze the tests that aren’t happening, I have to look at the data on hand.

Why do you think it warrants more testing?

• Thanks 1

PM tells Corrections Dept. to treat infected inmates humanely as cases in prisons soar

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed Thailand’s Corrections Department to step up active screening of prison inmates and to treat sick prisoners humanely, like any other patient, as the COVID-19 surge continues in prisons, said Government Deputy Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul today (Monday).

She said that the prime minister is concerned over the situation in prisons, because of their cramped conditions and limited space, which are ideal for the spread of the disease, adding that he has instructed the Corrections Department to work closely with the Public Health Ministry in the efforts to contain the disease and to treat the infected inmates.

Meanwhile, Corrections Department Director-General Ayut Sinthopphan assured the public today that the department has not, and will not conceal the actual number of COVID-19 infections among prison inmates. The disease has already spread to eight prisons and 9,783 inmates have, so far, been infected.

%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A3..jpg

More:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-tells-corrections-dept-to-treat-infected-inmates-humanely-as-cases-in-prisons-soar/

10 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You're really struggling with this aren't you? A few minutes ago you were saying nobody was claiming there was exponential growth. Now you're saying there is exponential growth. Make up your mind.

The truth is there isn't exponential growth in the general population. 

Everyone wants to believe this.

But the actual truth is that there simply isn't enough testing to be confident.

• Like 2

Bang Sue vaccine centre to handle 10,000 walk-ins per day from June 1

The train station at Bang Sue in northern Bangkok will host a vaccination centre to inoculate around 10,000 walk-in patients per day from June 1, in one of the largest such centres around the capital, the Ministries of Transport and of Public Health said Monday.

The government has marked June 1 to start offering walk-in vaccines. The Bang Sue train station will serve as one of the capital’s largest venues under a deal between the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Public Health, which will provide the vaccines.

Before the walk-ins start, public transport workers such as train operators, bus, taxi, and motorcycle drivers will be able to receive vaccines from May 24.

More:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27587/bang-sue-vaccine-centre-to-handle-10000-walk-ins-per-day-from-june-1/

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The prisons are like bombs ready to explode. 

I think they've just gone off....

Just shows the mentality of prison officials thinking the walls would keep it out.

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I see.

So you aren't confident that the current amount of testing is sufficient enough to be sure that the numbers being reported are providing a significantly accurate account of what is really happening  and that more testing would be beneficial?

Then we are aligned ????

Edited by meltonpie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Current official response to this, easing of measures!!

Now try a full lockdown as you should have done at the start or be prepared for far worse to come. Disastrous news on all fronts.

No need it's all under control....????

• Like 1

We’ve been fooled!’ Owners of massage parlors and spas submit a petition calling on the lifting of closure order today at the Bangkok City Hall. Many public venues across the capital remained shut as the City Hall extended the order through May 31. #โควิด19 #COVID19 #Bangkok #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1394197876939526145

ImageImage

14 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Obviously the situation is improving and everything is getting back to normal. 

If you take out prisoners, constructions workers, migrant workers, other foreigners, people who drink alcohol, people who smoke, people who went running without masks, naughty politicians, sick people, people infected by relatives or friends and frontline health workers, then there are probably less than 1,000 new cases in Bangkok today.

Good news all round.

Actual government policy!

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Very simple really, the government has in its wisdom decided to separate the prison cases and community cases, it would take a blind person to say there was not exponential growth going on there. 

I love these TV fights, very entertaining, I'm preparing the popcorn..... this is for the long haul, better make a lot:)

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Vaccine info.

186498532_10158021469652050_7288033525106933588_n.jpg.b14239a02fbc6bed8ceabf950f6fbd0c.jpg

Step 3 looks a little....vague.

Inform what authorities? Inform in advance, on the phone, by way of app? Or when you turn up unannounced, do you simply say “I’m here for the vaccine”?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Or you can up the testing you have to save the economy, lives and a struggling health service.

To put a little perspective on positivity rates, the UK only started reducing its lockdown measures when it was below 1%. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1394201023741317121

PR Thai Government

Thailand government organization

BMA has continued to do more active case finding for #COVID19, owing to the increasing reports of new confirmed cases. The teams will be in the field to screen for infected people, testing 300-500 persons per day with swab tests, from 17 to 21 May 2021.

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Bang Sue vaccine centre to handle 10,000 walk-ins per day from June 1

The train station at Bang Sue in northern Bangkok will host a vaccination centre to inoculate around 10,000 walk-in patients per day from June 1, in one of the largest such centres around the capital, the Ministries of Transport and of Public Health said Monday.

The government has marked June 1 to start offering walk-in vaccines. The Bang Sue train station will serve as one of the capital’s largest venues under a deal between the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Public Health, which will provide the vaccines.

Before the walk-ins start, public transport workers such as train operators, bus, taxi, and motorcycle drivers will be able to receive vaccines from May 24.

More:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27587/bang-sue-vaccine-centre-to-handle-10000-walk-ins-per-day-from-june-1/

The bigger question is will they have the vaccines to do so, or is this just more talk and people will be turned away.  They need to get on the ball if they are serious and ensure they have the stock on hand.

• Like 2