Thailand reports daily record of 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, including jail cluster

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

I asked a Doomsayer what they meant by “getting out of control”. 

your nonsense reply didn’t answer the question.

There isn’t enough testing.

Flaming and wanting a reply.

Answer your own question, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy

• Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, Danderman123 said:

Yes.

Songkran did not bring a major increase in cases in the provinces. Paradoxically, the post Songkran surge has been mostly confined to the Bangkok area.

What about all the people leaving the Bangkok area at Songcran for the provinces and then returning? This is giving the very small minority of posters who are part of the we love the unelected "PM" brigade the chance to divert the blame away from him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about all the people leaving the Bangkok area at Songcran for the provinces and then returning? This is giving the very small minority of posters who are part of the we love the unelected "PM" brigade the chance to divert the blame away from him.

There were 32 new infections in Isaan yesterday, pretty much the same rate as before Songkran.

What’s your point?

There isn’t enough testing™️

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Give us a hint...link cases in your province before/after songkran.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Olmate said:

Give us a hint...link cases in your province before/after songkran.

My province has had one the least cases of the Chinese virus. How about pointing to Kalasin and the mother of the two young boys who died in one of the Khon Kean provinces?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

My province has had one the least cases of the Chinese virus. How about pointing to Kalasin and the mother of the two young boys who died in one of the Khon Kean provinces?

Ahh.. You must have meant all the other provinces then where all the increase in cases are.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Petition to rename Thailand to Clownland. ????????????????????????

Why. State your reasons. Relative to other countries, Thailand is doing ok. Even countries that were able to do well like Singapore and Taiwan are experiencing another surge. Now who's the clown. ????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

What does this tell you about the rest of Thailand and the almost certainty that thousads or tens of thousands are walking around undetected because they like the prisoners were not and have not been tested

That's highly unlikely. The best current estimate from the CDC is that about 30% of Covid cases are asymptomatic. That means that if there were, let's say 20,000 asymptomatic cases, there would be around 47,000 symptomatic ones.

CDC planning scenarios

The fact that we're not seeing multiple tens of thousands of symptomatic cases being admitted to hospital, means there almost indubitably aren't tens of thousands of asymptomatic cases "walking around undetected."

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Leave them to it, the fact that the UK variant, first discovered in the Thong Lor area in early April and has now spread throughout Thailand is all that needs to be said.

By spread you mean one death in Kalasin! Ok got it! 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

There is still a steady stream of travellers to and from Bangkok and I'll wager that a lot more people have travelled to or from Bangkok since Songkran than during Songkran so all of a sudden it's everywhere but we are not looking everywhere and when we do look it's just a quick peek just to confirm that yes there are some cases there before moving on to have a quick peek somewhere else.No attempt to find the full extent of the spread.At least in Sweden they had an idea of what was happening where as here they really appear to letting out the reigns and sticking in the boot and whip giving it the old let it rip approach, as per what ever will happen will happen or "it's Allah's will English" Omar Sharif.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

True, but at the same time I think we can be fairly confident that there are not something like 47,000 symptomatic infections going undetected every day.

One would hope not, but I see a lot of coughing sneezing and snot blowing going on here in Sathorn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Guess you better look at the statistics again then you may just get it, give it a try if you want

Talk to the possum not me!

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's highly unlikely. The best current estimate from the CDC is that about 30% of Covid cases are asymptomatic. That means that if there were, let's say 20,000 asymptomatic cases, there would be around 47,000 symptomatic ones.

CDC planning scenarios

The fact that we're not seeing multiple tens of thousands of symptomatic cases being admitted to hospital, means there almost indubitably aren't tens of thousands of asymptomatic cases "walking around undetected."

No they're not walking around undetected, they're at home self medicating until they feel better if they have mild symptoms.

23 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Classic Doomsayer.

Next month, this poster can point to the inevitable 1,000 fatalities and claim that this was a catastrophe, even if the wave has receded by then. 

Classic! - nailed me... almost.  I hope it does recede.  I hope current variants dont get out of control.  Current numbers are not reassuring.  Does that help clarify for you?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Issans pretty big care to try again.  Many provinces in Issan prior to Songkran had no cases.

Except that there were plenty of cases in Isaan before Songkran.

There were more cases in Isaan on April 9th, than there were yesterday. Maybe the Songkran holiday reduced cases in Isaan.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1