Thailand reports daily record of 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, including jail cluster

webfact

I feel sorry for the prisoners. They did not go to India, but it seems that the Indian variant has come to them.

Say Danderguy, you say that not many will die, how do you know?

Are you a doctor and have seen that all the prisoners are in top health, and will only get sick.

More likely a bunch of them will die of lung disease, or pneumonia, or something like that, so the Face saving is

still intact.  My one 30ish year old relative was very fit, and healthy but died 3 weeks after getting COVID, so I am not

one to say that this virus is not a killer.

Geezer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

More data would be better, of course. But, you seem stuck on the idea that unless data is given to you in exactly the quantity that you want, then it is useless.

based on the data available now, I know that tomorrow’s numbers are not going to be 100,000 new cases, nor 500. That’s based on the data we have now, and this is an example that a small dataset has some value.

But not much value without a whole lot more testing - as you and i agreed earlier.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The prisons are like bombs ready to explode. 

Social distancing is not a requirement in Thai prisons. 

And is, not possible. If you have seen pictures in the media. 

However, if you refuse vaccination in Buriram you can be imprisoned, 

This will probably guarantee that you will infected and Som Num Na, for not listening. 

10 hours ago, TaoNow said:

The fact is we don't know what explains Thailand's current level of Covid mortality. 

The fact is Thailand ranks 104th in the world for transparency and corruption I've been saying this for quite sometime now.The recent prison outbreak numbers were under the rug until a protest leader forced them to be revealed.The fact is many people actually believe what numbers are being released, "you" may not know what explains Thailands low numbers but "we" do.,

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TaoNow said:

Please encourage all your brethren to check their local hospital for bed occupancy and report back.

I've been checking our local hospital in Yasothon for 20+ years and confirm that it's been full to capacity the whole time.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, tau152 said:

Reading today’s COVID-19 update for Thailand, I note that the TOTAL number of cases since this ‘pandemic’ started 17 months ago,  is 111,000 with the recorded number of deaths attributed to it, listed as 614.  Doing the math reveals that the death rate works out to 0.55%!!  That’s right!  Only 0.55% or approximately one-half of one percent of those infected have actually died!  

Further, given that the population of Thailand is currently over 69 million, the percentage of the population that has been infected so far is 0.16% and the percentage of the population who have actually died from it, is 0.00000003%!!!!!  

For this, the country has been brought to a standstill, businesses closed down, its economy devastated and the populace shaking with fear.....mandated by law to wear face masks when outside their homes???!!!  SMDH and weep!!!!????

Another poster who doesn’t understand that the very restrictions he is so unhappy about are causing the low numbers of infections.

9 hours ago, TaoNow said:

So what is gained by crying foul?

Finger pointing is gained.The Administration has been pointing the finger at the people now the people are pointing the finger at the Administration.Much can be gained by crying foul by illuminating deficiencies that can be addressed otherwise silence will reign and silence is not always golden.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Miami007 said:

My brother in law is chief of a department in a major hospital.

My niece had covid and no symptoms.. according to him, she was healthy until she becomes sick and needs a doctor.

A strange disease when you need a test to tell you that you are sick - because you wouldn't know otherwise in most cases. 

What’s your point?

12 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Ask yourself how many people have actually been tested?

Let me shock you: there is an alternate testing system in place. People who are sick go into hospitals, and are tested for Covid. If nobody does that, the authorities assume there isn’t much infections in the area.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Glad you believe yourself,  very few others do including myself.  If I am wrong well then I will say it like I always do.  

Me too. If I am wrong I will come back and hold my hands up to an incorrect opinion.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394448256852119553

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 33 new cases today and one more death. The total so far is now 3,770. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (11), Chonburi City (6), and Sriracha (11) #COVID19 #Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if already posted.  From last night.

A meeting now to decide our fate.

https://twitter.com/SangratTanee/status/1394268127148470272

Department of Disease Control will convene a specific meeting on vaccinating foreigners in Thailand with MFA and agencies concerned at the earliest opportunity.

@ThaiMfa

And the road death/injuries continue 42/2,421 https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394450924144234496

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes.

Songkran did not bring a major increase in cases in the provinces. Paradoxically, the post Songkran surge has been mostly confined to the Bangkok area.

Are you serious.  Here in Suratthani for example Songktran travel (with no-one following the quarantine  duidelines) has meant that instead of no cases for months we now have hundreds,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, futsukayoi said:

Are you serious.  Here in Suratthani for example Songktran travel (with no-one following the quarantine  duidelines) has meant that instead of no cases for months we now have hundreds,  

I am saying that the number of cases due to Songkran were insignificant compared to the dire predictions here. The Doomsayers talked about catastrophic results from millions traveling from Bangkok to the provinces.

Also, the virus was already out there before Songkran:

https://reliefweb.int/report/thailand/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-who-thailand-situation-report-170-9-april-2021

Disclaimer: there isn’t enough testing.

Edited by Danderman123

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So all of those provinces which never had a case until Songkran, did not obtain even one case over the Songkran period, is that what your trying to say.  Better re-think that one.

Actually, there were plenty of infections in the provinces before Songkran. The reports a week before Songkran were filled with cases in the provinces.

There isn’t enough testing.

Edited by Danderman123

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1394461313875660801

Covid Numbers are down from yesterday’s record high.

More worryingly the death rate has not slowed down.

The 2,718 people leaving hospitals will help with occupancy issues. Unfortunately, so will the 35 deaths.

There will probably be another 500 deaths before this wave finishes, maybe even 1000.

“There isn’t enough testing” will be my new user name, anything to stop people from posting this over and over.

1 minute ago, Suua said:

I don't read thai, but I'll hazard a guess that there are approximately 2000 cases.

What is showing the Thai language?

14 hours ago, club said:

BKK Brian, Its getting out of control now. This government needs to do something now . Not by the end of 2021. Its just going to get worse 

Cases dropped by 1,000 today.

please define “getting out of control”.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You answered your own question....lol

Nope.

I asked a Doomsayer what they meant by “getting out of control”. 

your nonsense reply didn’t answer the question.

• Sad 1