Speed of Transferwise/Wise from UK

5 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

It was a national holiday yesterday that's why the delay.

Usually, if I send before 9am Thai time from my UK bank to Bangkok Bank (Funds for Long Term stay) - it arrives same day about 2.06pm.

I will try to send a small amount with a different reason and see if it is quicker/instantaneous.

RAZZ

No, it's ALWAYS been the next day for me if long term stay is specified. Wise did not start the transfer until 10am TODAY.

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

9.30am seems to be the cutoff for same day 2pm settlement

Obviously not in my many cases over the last few years. But to get round it, I send the money the day before I need it!

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Obviously not in my many cases over the last few years. But to get round it, I send the money the day before I need it!

9.30am cut off for same day 2pm settlement is based on many posts I've read here and Facebook, of course if you send 10am it's next day

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

9.30am cut off for same day 2pm settlement is based on many posts I've read here and Facebook, of course if you send 10am it's next day

So I have no idea why ALL my transfers usually started early morning, using Long Term Stay, arrive at 2pm THE NEXT DAY, as it just did for me.

Edited by KannikaP

2 minutes ago, norbra said:

Why is it that only Bangkok bank  customers have problems with Wise delivery?

Yep ! Sent 4th. 2nd time in 2 months. Only started after Putin's nonsense.

Logo

Hello XXXXX,

Sorry, it’s looking like your transfer of GBP to THB will arrive later than expected.

Lots of people are using Wise at the moment, so it’s taking us longer to process transfers. It should now arrive on April 07, at 07:07 UTC.

We’ll let you know the moment your money’s on its way — and sorry again for the wait.

• Like 1

Right I've just topped up my SCB account

Funds landed in the time it took me to press send from my RBS account to Wise and the time it took me to log into SCB

10 seconds tops as always

I honestly have no idea what you guys are doing I really dont

Long term stay reason for transfer

28 minutes ago, norbra said:

Why is it that only Bangkok bank  customers have problems with Wise delivery?

Nobody is having problems that I know of - we get sending in a way to obtain FTT code on passbooks which other banks do not offer.  In order to provide that service the required money must be in the Wise Bangkok Bank account so at times this can be an issue if more transactions take place on a day than expected and it is timed for deposit at a set time each day.

People do have issues and problems, with all banks and transfer services, but in general is seems to be working fine for the vast majority of users, or they would not be a leading transfer service for long.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Funds landed in the time it took me to press send from my RBS account to Wise and the time it took me to log into SCB

Did it arrive as a Foreign Transfer?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So I have no idea why ALL my transfers usually started early morning, using Long Term Stay, arrive at 2pm THE NEXT DAY, as it just did for me.

Further up you said Wise started the transfer 10am, what time did they receive your money? show a screen shot if you can

29 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You selecting Long term stay with SCB does nothing, zilch, squat, so you know

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Further up you said Wise started the transfer 10am, what time did they receive your money? show a screen shot if you can

Screenshot_20220407_163723_com.transferwise.android.jpg

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Screenshot_20220407_163723_com.transferwise.android.jpg

Your screen shot is different to mine, usually says when they've received your money, yours says "you used your THB balance" is that a borderless THB balance you have? maybe different rules for that, if you did a transfer 5.07am what currency?

1 hour ago, norbra said:

Dump them ,there are easier solutions than getting FTT in bank books and delayed deliveries

I have zero problems with Wise, i know how to get FTT, i know how to settle it 2pm, i know how to settle it almost instantly

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have zero problems with Wise, i know how to get FTT, i know how to settle it 2pm, i know how to settle it almost instantly

I am fully aware of your competence,but you keep flogging a dead horse trying to push your solution on others who are having difficulties with BKK Bank for their fx contracts via Wise.

Considering Wise/ Bangkok bank topics have been front and centre for a couple of years now I can't recall (as I have not read every post) seeing a post detailing transaction requirements using above conditions.

Maybe something like BBank customers using Wise and requiring FTT in their bank book must advise Wise that they require their transaction must be delivered to their account directly,not via partner banks.

Those requiring instant delivery (FTT will not be provided) should not flag/tag their account with Wise and not select long stay in Thailand as an option.

Not being a Bangkok bank customer I cannot confirm if this is exactly the requirements, I'm sure the more knowledgeable will correct any errors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, norbra said:

I am fully aware of your competence,but you keep flogging a dead horse trying to push your solution on others who are having difficulties with BKK Bank for their fx contracts via Wise.

Hardly, I don't care either way, personally i do 800k method anyway

31 minutes ago, norbra said:

Considering Wise/ Bangkok bank topics have been front and centre for a couple of years now I can't recall (as I have not read every post) seeing a post detailing transaction requirements using above conditions.

Maybe something like BBank customers using Wise and requiring FTT in their bank book must advise Wise that they require their transaction must be delivered to their account directly,not via partner banks.

Those requiring instant delivery (FTT will not be provided) should not flag/tag their account with Wise and not select long stay in Thailand as an option.

Not being a Bangkok bank customer I cannot confirm if this is exactly the requirements, I'm sure the more knowledgeable will correct any errors

I don't believe that any partner banks are involved

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You've forgotten already that a lot of the fuss around Bangkok bank is immigration which delays the transfer, maybe you missed that bit

How does immigration delay a fx contract?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, norbra said:

haven't you read any of the previous 1000 posts? ok I'll explain yet again, if you want an FTT transfer for Bangkok Bank you have to select long term stay or buying a property and it will settle 2pm and be delayed, otherwise it will settle much faster.

Anyway you are Kasikorn, no issue with them so not sure why you're here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

haven't you read any of the previous 1000 posts? ok I'll explain yet again, if you want an FTT transfer for Bangkok Bank you have to select long term stay or buying a property and it will settle 2pm and be delayed, otherwise it will settle much faster.

Anyway you are Kasikorn, no issue with them so not sure why you're here

Where has anybody provided explicit procedures for those that request help on this thread,all posters receive are did you do this or did you not do this nobody providing directions to get a resolution,

2 hours ago, norbra said:

Dump them ,there are easier solutions than getting FTT in bank books and delayed deliveries

Really? Please tell us all what these wonderful solutions are and how I can get an FTT in my bankbook to keep Immigration happy?

As it is I am quite happy with Wise as I know when I will get my money, how much I will get and what the forex rate is that they guarantee for that transaction.

I also know it will go into my Bangkok bank as an FTT transaction, which is what I need, as I extend my visa using the income method.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, norbra said:

This is about Bangkok bank and Wise transactions not about immigration 

Of course it is about Immigration as well.

For those who use the income extension method NEED the FTT confirmation from Bangkok bank. 

I could get it sent straight to my KBank account but to get the FTT notice I would have to notify KBank head office for every transaction. With Bangkok bank it is done automatically.

Much less hassle for me.

25 minutes ago, norbra said:

Because they require FTT confirmation that the funds came from offshore.