Thailand reports first local cases of virus variant first found in India

webfact

14 hours ago, lks7689 said:

As for whether measures being loose, those people interacting with passengers were already in full PPE so I'm not sure how much tighter it can be. 

Obviously not tight enough if they transferred the virus..... must have been some lapse. 

People coming from India should all be treated as positive,

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Obviously not tight enough if they transferred the virus..... must have been some lapse. 

People coming from India should all be treated as positive,

The worker was at a food court.  So probably eating, without mask obviously, and others were nearby.  Makes sense considering this virus is airborne.

51 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The airport worker was fully vaccinated.  As we all should know by now, just because your vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get the virus and pass it along.  One reason to keep wearing masks, especially around unvaccinated people.

Please provide a link that states that the 100 airport workers in Singapore were fully vaccinated when they were infected with Covid.

0.03% chance: Getting coronavirus after being vaccinated incredibly rare in L.A. County

if chances of infection after vaccination are that low, how would 100 workers get infected, if they were vaccinated? Unless they weren’t vaccinated.

Edited by Danderman123

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Please provide a link that states that the 100 airport workers in Singapore were fully vaccinated when they were infected with Covid.

0.03% chance: Getting coronavirus after being vaccinated incredibly rare in L.A. County

if chances of infection after vaccination are that low, how would 100 workers get infected, if they were vaccinated? Unless they weren’t vaccinated.

I never said all were fully vaccinated.  Just one.  Do the Google search yourself.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, webfact said:

the highly infectious COVID-19 variant first found in India,

I wonder if that is the same as 'The Indian Variant' they have been talking about for months now?   ???? zzzzz

1 minute ago, LomSak27 said:

I wonder if that is the same as 'The Indian Variant' they have been talking about for months now?   ???? zzzzz

Ummm...yes.  But now, it's here.  And who knows what's going to happen next.  Hopefully they can control it, otherwise, back to lock downs.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Ummm...yes.  But now, it's here.

uum Yes

However why do they phrase it like that. No problem stating South African variant, big article on that up right now. Or the English variant, but suddenly a problem saying, The Indian Variant?! Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, placnx said:

If that's true, it's already time for a booster, or better update their vaccines pronto!

Moderna already trial a booster. If they are approved, Singapore government already mentioned if any booster shots are needed, will be implemented end of this year or early next year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

First why don't you read up yourself. All infected cases are reported in Singapore with details either on straits times or channel news Asia portal. Second, I didn't say 100 workers were infected. Basically I said 1 worker started a cluster of 100. Third, I don't decide how your mind concluded that i ever meant all of those were vaccinated so do read up yourself.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapores-largest-active-covid-19-cluster-what-went-wrong-at-changi-airport

If you believe what you read on other news it's fine. I only write what I'm experiencing in Singapore and so far the authorities have been very transparent with each and every positive case and we are informed in a timely manner as soon as they are available. I only feedback in tvf because I understand some people may like a different voice to share their experience because there's too many misinformation around and few trusted sources because that's how I felt after spending more than a decade in Thailand. If you like to nitpick at my posts I suggest you find something else better to do. 

Please quote where in the article it says that the source of the outbreak was a vaccinated individual.

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The airport worker was fully vaccinated.  As we all should know by now, just because your vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get the virus and pass it along.  One reason to keep wearing masks, especially around unvaccinated people.

I missed the detail on which vaccine was used. Please let us know if you know.

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

uum Yes

However why do they phrase it like that. No problem stating South African variant, big article on that up right now. Or the English variant, but suddenly a problem saying, The Indian Variant?! Go figure. 

Make in India chauvinism

2 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Moderna already trial a booster. If they are approved, Singapore government already mentioned if any booster shots are needed, will be implemented end of this year or early next year. 

I'd like to see trials of Moderna booster on top of Sinovac, AZ, etc.

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The article did not state that the airport workers were vaccinated.

It does but not clearly.

So this article below spells it out very clearly.

Singapore Announces New Restrictions After Vaccinated Airport Workers Become Infected - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Vaccine passports................USELESS.............just allows Vaccinated spreaders of Covid to go around killing people as they want to avoid quarantine and checking.........

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Exactly!  And from what I remember, they think the infection took place in the food court.  Masks off...which ya have to do to eat!

That was the first reported but upon further testings, the source was found to be a worker who interacts with passengers from "south Asia". Anyway for those that like to be spoon fed and I'm not saying it's you jeffr2:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-worker-south-asia-family-source-changi-airport-14857686

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/43-out-of-19000-airport-workers-test-positive-for-covid-19-source-likely-worker

And about whether this worker was vaccinated? All of our front line workers especially airport staff that interact with arrivals from hot zones, were inoculated with Pfizer from Jan to March. Unless this particular worker had pre existing illness that bar him or her from being vaccinated which in that case, I don't think they will be risked being posted there. 

And for how many cases of vaccinated were infected, please read this: 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-vaccination-effectiveness-moh-ong-ye-kung-14869342

Happy reading. You can get your information there daily so I'm not going to post these links again when some individual have so much free time. Again, it's not you jeffr2. 

Edited by lks7689
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 1:55 PM, placeholder said:

India’s Covid ‘martyrs’: Country loses 50 doctors to virus in a single day, says medical body

India has lost 270 doctors to its devastating second wave of the Covid pandemic, with as many as 50 of these deaths recorded in just a single day on Sunday, according to new data issued by the country’s largest association of doctors.

Speaking to The Independent, Indian Medical Association (IMA) president Dr JA Jayalal said a worryingly high proportion of the country’s doctors and medical staff are still not fully vaccinated.

Of the doctors who died since January, about 97 per cent were unvaccinated, while three per cent had received their jabs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/india/india-covid-doctors-death-ima-b1849402.html

50 Doctors Reported Dead In 1 Day From Covid Across India: Medical Body

According to the Indian Medical Association, 244 doctors have died due to COVID-19 in the second wave of the pandemic.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/244-doctors-died-since-april-1-in-covid-second-wave-50-yesterday-2443647

Okay, but your originally article said "50 doctors a day," and I can see that is not correct. Thanks for the clarification.