Is Kerry Express reasonable for bulk items?

Hal65

I have a standup scooter I'd like to ship to a repair shop in Bangkok from Pattaya to save a trip (they need to hold it for a few days). The scooter is 2.5 to 3 feet long and weighs about 30 lbs. If it costs under 1,300 thb I may ship it but I suspect Kerry will charge much more. DOes anyone have experience with Kerry's bulk rates?

I live in the North of Chiang Mai Province and a couple of years ago helped a friend ship his scooter down to a place close to Bangkok.

We used the local Thai Post Office who were great and even packed it for him.

I cannot remember the exact cost but very reasonable and arrived within a few days with no damage.

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps, but I sent a 110kg package which was 85 x 110 from Loei to Buriram and it cost me 740 Baht.  delivery was 2 days all up.

Edited by pl8lad
  • Like 1

Aren’t bikes only sent post office > post office - someone would have to pick it up at the other end.

ETS: Ahh you are talking about an electric standup scooter. Any courier should be able to take it.

I would check inter express, if Kerry’s works out too expensive. We sent a badly packed glass cabinet and it survived, I was really impressed by their service.

https://iel.co.th

• Like 1

I will have to wait to report, until new wheels come in from China. shipping takes a full month, one of the things I dislike about buying stuff like this online

• 2 weeks later...

@ifmu At a Thai mail business (not post office) I was charged 973 thb. 730 was Thai EMS with tracking. Rest was packaging. 

When I told the mototaxi to go to Kerry express, he went to some place that only ships. They then directed him to a mail shop and I got stuck using them. Online, the Kerry quote was 430 thb so my guess is 600-700 total if I would have found them.