Vaccine hesitancy grows ahead of Thailand's mass inoculation rollout

12 minutes ago, Rulie said:

I find it strange that where the vaccines have been rolled out we find an increase in the number of infection, there are a few exception, but for the most part countries that have vaccinated have seen an increase in cases. Are they calling these new strains because its true or are they covering something up. We need more time to answer this and other questions in regards to vaccines still in trial.

in the countries where the Jabbed are being told they can relax their restrictions regarding travel and win personal space advantage over everyone not jabbed...

- and as a result they are automatically potential super spreaders, every single jabbed individual...

19 minutes ago, Rulie said:

I find it strange that where the vaccines have been rolled out we find an increase in the number of infection, there are a few exception, but for the most part countries that have vaccinated have seen an increase in cases. Are they calling these new strains because its true or are they covering something up. We need more time to answer this and other questions in regards to vaccines still in trial.

This is only true where Sinopharm or Sinovac have been administered in mass vaccinations. This is probably due to selective pressure where the virus overcomes weak vaccination defenses. As connda points out, Seychelles where most were vaccinated with Sinopharm. Of course, if the government then relaxes mask wearing and allows in infected tourists who escape detection, that just adds to the trouble. 

Edited by placnx
additional reasons for mass campaigns failing

11 minutes ago, tifino said:

in the countries where the Jabbed are being told they can relax their restrictions regarding travel and win personal space advantage over everyone not jabbed...

- and as a result they are automatically potential super spreaders, every single jabbed individual...

First off, relaxation of rules comes after much of the population is vaccinated. And if people choose not to protect themselves and not get vaccinated, whose fault is that if they become ill? 

800 deaths of people with covid, in a coiuntry with 66million is not a serious problem that warrants mass vaccination and people know that. In the UK a country with the same population there have been 120,000, so called "covid deaths". Maybe people are just inteligent?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Is it because people are woke, or because of the vaccines their government is providing them with.

I Australia they only have 1% of the population vaccinated, their population is 26 million and they are trying to give them AZ, but no one wants it.

What a load of rubbish:
"Vaccination: Australia has administered at least 3,613,053 doses of COVID vaccines, that's a little over 17% of it's population, as for no-one wanting AZ, more BS, the vaccination centres are full of people waiting to get their shots, of AZ, I don't know where you got your info from.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AllanB said:

800 deaths of people with covid, in a coiuntry with 66million is not a serious problem that warrants mass vaccination and people know that. In the UK a country with the same population there have been 120,000, so called "covid deaths". Maybe people are just inteligent?

Or maybe some people don't understand how effective social distancing and mask wearing really are? We have seen what happens when those standards are relaxed.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

What a load of rubbish:
"Vaccination: Australia has administered at least 3,613,053 doses of COVID vaccines, that's a little over 17% of it's population, as for no-one wanting AZ, more BS, the vaccination centres are full of people waiting to get their shots, of AZ, I don't know where you got your info from.

Believe what you want.

1st dose yes, 2nd dose 416,000.

I am not going to do your research for you.

It does help to enter in Google "vaccine hesitancy in Australia"

Edited by 4MyEgo

The vaccine regardless  which one, is their basically to stop persons getting so ill that they could die from contact of Covid. Everyone needs to receive a vaccine to enable it to do its work.

you  can still get it or pass the virus on even with the vaccine. But, it will stop you or others who have not been vaccinated from possibly dying of it.Its basically common sense. This government in Thailand nned to get their act together if its not already too late and start mass  vaccinating  daily .NOT just one or two days just to look good. EVERY DAY until thailand is totally Sorted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The masked beauty in the picture looks absolutely terrified....

As for Chalawaan, I'll take whatever is going first, and top-up with something better later. I am guessing a booster may be needed as the months and years of "forever covid" roll on anyway. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So only 66% confident in the AstraZeneca shot so what about Sinovac no numbers published? That would be interesting.
In any case as soon as AstraZeneca is available I'll happily take it compared to Sinovac which I wouldn't take if they paid me. One thing I've noticed they always try and merge Sinovac and Astrazeneca in any PR propaganda news.

I had first dose of Astra Zeneca 3 weeks ago and like a lot of people, felt like <deleted> the next day with blinding headache and flu like aches.  Day after that felt fine and back to normal. Same as my Thai wife, same effects except her arm ached for nearly a week. Whilst I understand the reluctance of Sinovac the real world figure, especially after the 2nd dose are very good and should not be ignored if no other vaccine is available. With 88% protection its got to be had rather than not being vacinated https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study Until everyone has had a vaccine, people will still die and it will not go away.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Believe what you want.

1st dose yes, 2nd dose 416,000.

I am not going to do your research for you.

It does help to enter in Google "vaccine hesitancy in Australia"

More rubbish, your numbers simply do NOT add up, as for trying to try "hesitancy" to prove "no-one" wants it, is utter BS, not one vaccination centre is having problems with numbers not wanting the jabs... not ONE. By the way "hesitancy" does NOT mean they won't have it...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-05/covid-vaccine-hesitancy-willingness-survey/100116166

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

some of the same people who are hesitant in taking the vaccine are the same people who like to gorge on junk food.  

Then free Egg McMuffins or Quarter pounders might work better than donuts with the vaccines.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

Until everyone has had a vaccine, people will still die and it will not go away.

gotta love how everyone is a medical expert since covid happened.

Where is a proof ? where is your source for that? Fauci ? Gates ?

The way people spread this MSM bs propaganda is scarier than the virus itself.

Who owns The Times Magazine? Who owns The Washington Post ?

People just do and believe whatever they're told.
99% of the population is too lazy or busy to conduct their own research.

I'm siding with Rand Paul and Russel Brand on this matter,

If you want to live longer, I'd suggest you'd do the same.

Question everything.

Edited by noone223

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That's because the vaccines were rolled out when the pandemic was raging? Vaccines don't instantly put a halt to the rise in infections. It takes a while for there to be enough vaccinated individuals in the population to reverse the increase..

This is a complete misuderstanding of what the vaxes do.  Covid infections only decrease because the majority in any given group have already had it, not because vaccines stop it, because they don't. Everyone will eventually get covid, everyone on the planet, vaxxed or not even Xi if he hasn't secretly got it already, like so many leaders.

We already know most people recover from the first variants anyway, if fortune is with us, then the other variants may not be as harsh, with the help of the jabs, at that point, getting covid wont be a big deal, and they'll have stopped things like the daily tally, even though it will be circulating forever, and still killing, much like the common flu does anyway.

And people banging on about the death rate are also deluded.

Death really is the least of one's worries, nobody wants to die, but let's face it, it's the ultimate problem solver!

The nuance the "death rate debaters" don't understand is that all the disruption is to mitigate even more disruption caused by a scenario like India, where:

A) The virus mutated to be worse, and

B) A bad bout of covid really messes up the victim, sometimes for life it seems, plus the healthcare system sustainability overall, as well as the economy. It was foolishly "opening up" that cooked India's goose.

Opening up will happen only when smarter people than us -who are also helping to save our collective lives, calculate it feasable to do so.

• Sad 1

Two days ago, according to Thailand French Forum, vaccines from Russia and China have not been approved to be used in the EU. Expats from the EU should check with their respective Embassies.

This applies to EU Member expats living anywhere throughout the world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phaser said:

I do not know one Thai or foreigner that wants Sinovac- not one. 

I dont "want" it. But ill take it over my chances with Covid in all its delightfully fiendish variants.

Have you spoken to someone who has had really bad Covid? And I don't mean deaths door, just a bad run.

One chap in Scotland can barely type a sentence and he's exhausted. He got it last year. 

I absolutely believe ALL governments connive cheat and lie about many things, the war on drugs being one, yet none of the conspiracy guys ever seem to question that expensive, resolutely anti-science and a freedom-crushing and inhumane clusterfork! But this insistence the global vax program is all some sininster plot is bleeding-edge madness. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Kind of an odd position.. Because while Sinovac has questionable efficacy its also fairly 'safe' in lacking side effects and health concerns.. AZ on the other had is the one which is resulting in blood clots (a mate of mine lost his leg right after his AZ shot), side effects, etc etc.. SinoVac / Coronavac are standard 'inactived virus' immunizations of the kind humans have used for decades. Most concerns seem to stem from the mRNA style vaccines due to the new and untested nature of the treatments. 

The percentage of people getting blood clots from AZ is very very very small so your mate was very unlucky indeed,
Most people have very mild side effects.
With Sinovac you'll need 2 shots and it's not very effective at preventing infection.
If there's nothing else available then sure it's better than nothing but there are others available and Thailand has choices but they chose the Chinese vaccines.

3 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The percentage of people getting blood clots from AZ is very very very small so your mate was very unlucky indeed,
Most people have very mild side effects.
With Sinovac you'll need 2 shots and it's not very effective at preventing infection.
If there's nothing else available then sure it's better than nothing but there are others available and Thailand has choices but they chose the Chinese vaccines.

Mate, no Covid vaccine prevents infection, or the spread of it, the current vaxes only mitigate the symptoms. 

39 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

I had first dose of Astra Zeneca 3 weeks ago and like a lot of people, felt like <deleted> the next day with blinding headache and flu like aches.  Day after that felt fine and back to normal. Same as my Thai wife, same effects except her arm ached for nearly a week. Whilst I understand the reluctance of Sinovac the real world figure, especially after the 2nd dose are very good and should not be ignored if no other vaccine is available. With 88% protection its got to be had rather than not being vacinated https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study Until everyone has had a vaccine, people will still die and it will not go away.

Most people only have very mild side effects nothing serious.
88% effective against what??All of those studies are done in 3rd World Countries and the results inconsistent.

Better than nothing! OK sure but Thailand has money and it also has a choice until now they only chose Chinese vaccine outside Sinovac.

I think it is pretty obvious why there is vaccine hesitancy.  Thais are unhappy about the choices of only viral vector vaccines that are amongst the least effective and most likely to produce serious side effects. 

"Actress Araya "Chompoo" Hargate sparked controversy after she posted to her 10.5 million followers on Instagram saying she chose Sinovac."

Great choice between Sinovac and nothing.  Congratulations Chompoo ja. Also great example to show she has the connections to jump the queue. Another hi-so (but pretty) idiot.

Chumpoo Hargate.jpg

Edited by Dogmatix

7 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Mate, no Covid vaccine prevents infection, or the spread of it, the current vaxes only mitigate the symptoms. 

The mRNA shot developed by BioNTech SE and Pfizer Inc. has been shown to be over 90% effective in preventing transmission in Israel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

Just had this open so

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

Well, now you know one ????  I'm happy to have a Sinovac jab, (although being over 60 years old, I was allocated an AZ vaccination here in Laos).

I'm a scientist, with a modest understanding of virology.  Sinovac is based on an inactivated, whole virus vaccine, which is a very well established type of vaccine (polio, rabies, hep A are all types of inactivated, whole virus vaccines).  It's a very simple type of vaccine to manufacture, and being an inactivated virus, it simply triggers the body's immune system.

Too much scare-mongering being passed around from ignorant non-scientists AND from scientists with a conspiracy/tin-hat agenda..  Best stick to watching the soaps, because for many, that's about the limit of their intellectual capabilities ????

i agree studied molecular genetics and virology,  hey i understand  it's not for everyone.  but i never cared for football

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

The mRNA shot developed by BioNTech SE and Pfizer Inc. has been shown to be over 90% effective in preventing transmission in Israel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-11/china-s-sinovac-shot-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

Just had this open so

that Link is Not about purporting anything about 'preventing transmission' 

- but instead; "found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization" 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Just had this open so

Surprise surprise, not 1 mention adverse side effects.

Who would've imagined bloomberg would forget / leave out these type of details...

But, Israeli media is censoring it.

Here you go, we're only 3-4 months after, and <deleted> starts popping up.. imagine in 2 years...

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/covid-19-israel-finds-possible-link-between-vaccine-myocarditis-cases-666237

Edited by noone223

9 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Just had this open so

The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) seem to be more effective at stopping asymptomatic infections, where as the viral vector vaccines (all the others) are not which means that countries that use only viral vector will find it harder to stop the spread, like the Seychelles found.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Is it because people are woke,

Any brave soul willing to coherently explain to normal people what this word means besides waking up ? Suspicious now that the wannabe  cool and trendy are using it without even remote comprehension of what it means. Safe enough because I don't think anyone does know what it means .

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tifino said:

that Link is Not about purporting anything about 'preventing transmission' 

- but instead; "found that the vaccine protected 98% of them from death and 96% from hospitalization" 

Yes it is the quote below is from said article.

2 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Any brave soul willing to coherently explain to normal people what this word means besides waking up ? Suspicious now that the wannabe  cool and trendy are using it without even remote comprehension of what it means. Safe enough because I don't think anyone does know what it means .

Do what I did, I looked it up to be sure.....

• Like 1