Buying a small trailer from Alibaba ?

On 5/27/2021 at 9:38 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

I also made the tow bar and all electrical wiring and licensing

have decided to make my own, using 50mm angle iron , much easier to weld than box section ( for me)

No problem making the frame and drawbar, but

How did you make and fit the wheels to the underside ?

dont need brakes or lighting, just need something that the wheels wont fall off, lol

Smaller wheels would be ideal, rather than the  bike wheels that seems to be the norm here

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

have decided to make my own, using 50mm angle iron , much easier to weld than box section ( for me)

dont need brakes or lighting, just need something that the wheels wont fall off, lol

Smaller wheels would be ideal, rather than the  bike wheels that seems to be the norm here

Thanks 

I used normal car wheels and to make it roadworthy you need electrical wiring for your lights and indicators unless you only use it on your own property

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks 

The angle may prove rather heavy! I'd limit it to the chassis and towing thingy and practice your thin material welding on a box section superstucture.

The wheels in the below image from an earlier post look like the ones our local "bearings, pulleys, sprockets and cogs" shop has. Definitely not road legal of course, do ensure you use ones with sealed ball bearings. 

SmartSelect_20210525-210642_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

I have a K-Lion 150cc ATV same as the model in the picture below. They are sold here in Thailand as are the hitch to fit and a trailer. I priced them at 15K for the trailer and about 2K for the hitch. Not cheap but no hassles.

klion atv with trailer.jpg

10 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks 

To fit the wheels you will need some hubs , just weld them on to the chassis, you might need sub axel, but most hubs are 6 stud ,designed for car/pickup wheels,  the wheels in the photos are 4 stud hubs ,but as Crossy  said his local shop sells them ,they are others .

Our local hard wear shop,  sells most things shop, has the 6 stud hubs ,try Lazada etc for wheels and hubs ,also the ball hitch .

11 hours ago, Joinaman said:

You can buy the axle and wheels complete ready to go in most ag shops.

Then it's a matter of finding the correct size and length U bolts to attach it to your frame.

Most of the DIY  shops have U bolts for sale.

4 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

I have a K-Lion 150cc ATV same as the model in the picture below. They are sold here in Thailand as are the hitch to fit and a trailer. I priced them at 15K for the trailer and about 2K for the hitch. Not cheap but no hassles.

klion atv with trailer.jpg

Thanks Isaan

Have got the hitch and tow ball with the quad, have ordered a ball coupling from Lazada

Have made the trailer frame, very similar to your in the picture, but just need to attach some decent wheels 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

You can buy the axle and wheels complete ready to go in most ag shops.

Then it's a matter of finding the correct size and length U bolts to attach it to your frame.

Most of the DIY  shops have U bolts for sale.

Me being thick, but what is an AG shop ?

have seen the U bolts in Thai Watsadu 

5 hours ago, Joinaman said:

AGricultural?

We call ours the "Farm Shop" ???? 

Watch the strength of your U bolts, many of the cheaper ones are made of something resembling modelling clay. Double up if worried.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Joinaman said:

As Crossy said a farm shop.

Here is a complete axle set up i bought and modified.

On closer inspection it has mounting plates so ready to bolt directly to your frame.

20210531_112404.jpg

• Like 2