Thailand reports new daily record of 47 coronavirus deaths, 3,323 infections

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Yep. It is being reported daily. 

The process is that clusters of hospital walk in cases are investigated, contact tracing is performed, and if it seems that there are significant cases numbers, the mobile testing units are brought in for mass testing. Typically, a Hotspot will be a factory, construction site, or a neighborhood. These will be isolated, positive cases will be sent to a field hospital or hospital, and testing will continue until all positive cases are identified and treated. That eliminates the Hotspot. 

Thank you for finally agreeing that testing is limited to known hotspots, and not done randomly, as it should be.

Now if only you also could agree, that even the number of tests performed in those hotspots is limited.

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, sungod said:

Are you sure?

If you are going to quote me I would appreciate you quote my entire post. If you want to highlight your point then underline it thanks. As for almost 100% of the current infections and deaths being avoidable. Yep. Total lockdown after Thong Lor outbreak, no interprovincial travel, borders shut tight and definitely no Songkran and massive amounts of testing. The situation we have now would not exist.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Chonburi announces 52 new cases of Covid -19

The Chonburi Department of Public Health announced 52 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 today (May 27th).

This makes a total of 4,395 cases of Covid-19 in the current round of infections, with 898 still in medical care, with a total of 21 recorded deaths in Chonburi since the start of this recent round of infections in early April.

Additionally, 3,476 people in total have now been released from medical care and fully recovered since this current wave began. 53 people were released yesterday.

More:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/27/chonburi-announces-52-new-cases-of-covid-19/

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Susco said:

Thank you for finally agreeing that testing is limited to known hotspots, and not done randomly, as it should be.

Now if only you also could agree, that even the number of tests performed in those hotspots is limited.

There isn’t enough testing.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only in your view and dreams. The spread continues from one Hotspot to the next. Stop fooling yourself.

It's going to spread from one hotspot to the next no matter what. Stop fooling yourself that mass testing would resolve the situation. It would slow the spread, but it's not going to contain the spread of these more contagious variants. Very early on it has a chance at containing the spread, but that horse has bolted.

Mass testing would be nice, but you seem to be exaggerating just how impactful it would be in the current environment. South Korea is at 40k tests/day, it's still not under control.

58 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you guessing that the exponential has not materialised or do you know this for a fact considering the seemingly lack of testing and the flatline nature of the numbers and are you confident that the numbers being reported are a true reflection of what is actually happening?

Given hospital occupancy rates, yeah, the published numbers are reasonably accurate.

Although I am sure a new cluster will be discovered tomorrow, it won’t impact the overall situation that much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Thai Enquirer: “The ruling elites have split and that move by HRH Princess Chulabhorn has highlighted the royal anxiety over the government’s mishandling of the crisis. What this means in practice is that our government is no longer in control of its health care apparatus.”

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397743591032705024

Things just got real. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No surprise to see the numbers steadily rising. Indicative of a worsening crisis.

Yes, this English B117 highly contagious variant is a real killer. 

Thankfully 47 dead is the highest, the UKs worst day with it was 1,832 dead.

I have confidence the Thais will come out of this better than the UK or any of the European countries did.

The measures taken have resulted in a much slower spread than we saw in the UK where it just exploded.

RIP

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jacob29 said:

It's going to spread from one hotspot to the next no matter what. Stop fooling yourself that mass testing would resolve the situation. It would slow the spread, but it's not going to contain the spread of these more contagious variants. Very early on it has a chance at containing the spread, but that horse has bolted.

Mass testing would be nice, but you seem to be exaggerating just how impactful it would be in the current environment. South Korea is at 40k tests/day, it's still not under control.

If you mean “under control” = complete eradication, you are correct.

But the current set of tactics used by the government will get the situation back to the levels of last March.

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm guessing.  If the statistics cannot be believed what else can we do?  I do think however that if people were dying in their thousands and there were scenes like there were in India, it would be reflected in social media.  But, thankfully, there is no sign of that.

I'm sure one could get scenes similar to those we saw from India and elsewhere if the desire was there but unfortunately one might breach the strict digital rules here as all information is vetted by those who say they are in control of the situation and their transparency rating suggests that they are not being entirely forthcoming with information on the true situation.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm sure one could get scenes similar to those we saw from India and elsewhere if the desire was there but unfortunately one might breach the strict digital rules here as all information is vetted by those who say they are in control of the situation and their transparency rating suggests that they are not being entirely forthcoming with information on the true situation.

To see scenes like in India, the virus would have to be hitting villages to the same extent it does in India. But that isn’t happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1